Ezekiel Elliot to Pats on 1 year up to $6 million deal

BuffaloBillyG

I feel the need to post my take. In 2019 he was out of shape and ineffective. Then Covid hit. He got Covid. It attacked his lungs  Being overweight and older,he really was never the same. I don't feel he will even gain 500 yards because he won't get many carries. He'll only be used to give others a break.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I feel the need to post my take. In 2019 he was out of shape and ineffective. Then Covid hit. He got Covid. It attacked his lungs  Being overweight and older,he really was never the same. I don't feel he will even gain 500 yards because he won't get many carries. He'll only be used to give others a break.

Thanks! But I am really scared if you think someone in his 20’s is “older” lol.

5 hours ago, syhuang said:

Those players are all good, and well one unproven. The fact is you could have Allen at QB with Jefferson and Diggs at WR and King Henry in his prime and it mean NOTHING if the Oline stinks!

Elliott is veteran depth, that's his value and his role, so no reason to overthink it.  If they had signed Cook, that would be different.

As far as Mac-n-cheese is concerned, I think we'll see an improved version of 2021 and you can throw out 2022 due to a converted DC designing a Barney level offense in crayon, calling the plays and not having a clue.  Not having a legit WR1 and a shaky O-line makes me believe Jones will have plenty of struggles though.  The Division looks like they best in the league, until you see that all 4 O-lines are average at best.  Of the 4 QBs left to run for their lives, I'll take Allen all day.  

All RBs in the division will struggle, especially Zeke if he's lost a step or two.  I'm guessing he posts his lowest YPC average of his career without the famous Dallas O-line.

Belichick will probably give him 60% of the carries even though he has a much better back on the roster. Actually I hope he does that.

He's a good pass protecter (when not lined up at center) and can probably still get it done in short yardage or have one pop-off game. I actually wouldn't have hated having him here in the Murray/Harris role mainly for his pass protection ability. But he doesn't make a non contending team like the Patriots any closer to winning. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.