TC practice - Sunday August 6

Deadstroke

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

2. Kyle Allen struggles

The Bills might have a slight backup quarterback problem considering the lack of consistency by either Kyle Allen or Matt Barkley this summer. Kyle Allen had his worst practice of camp on Sunday, missing a bunch of throws and putting the ball in dangerous spots. The conundrum now for general manager Brandon Beane is that replacing Kyle Allen likely means removing a close friend of Josh Allen’s from the quarterbacks room. He threw a bad interception that was picked by Benford on a slow delivery that the cornerback was able to jump out in front and grab. If Kyle Allen struggles in the preseason, Beane might be forced to look for another option.

Yeah, Kyle did not look good at the Blue and Red Scrimmage I was at too.

I get what they're saying when they say replacing him would mean cutting one of Josh's closest friends. But let's be honest, that why Barkley is here too.

In my opinion, one or the other can stick on the Practice Squad for comradery. But not both. We should be calling up Teddy Bridgewater's agent at this point. He can at least steer the ship if Josh had a minor injury. I don't see Kyle being able to do that.

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I get what they're saying when they say replacing him would mean cutting one of Josh's closest friends. But let's be honest, that why Barkley is here too.

In my opinion, one or the other can stick on the Practice Squad for comradery. But not both. We should be calling up Teddy Bridgewater's agent at this point. He can at least steer the ship if Josh had a minor injury. I don't see Kyle being able to do that.

It’s becoming a problem…one that surprises me a bit because I thought Kyle would be a better option than Keenum last season.  Looks like I was way off, at least at this juncture.

42 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s becoming a problem…one that surprises me a bit because I thought Kyle would be a better option than Keenum last season.  Looks like I was way off, at least at this juncture.

I also thought he would be a better option coming into the season but all the practices I was at last week he consistently did not look good.  At first I was trying to give him the benefit of being new to system etc - but by now there should be some improvement.  Preseason is going to be critical for him, if he shows nothing then I think Beane has to look elsewhere (hell, even Josh would have to say at this point that Kyle has sucked)

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well you were literally comparing Davis and Diggs by saying Diggs "drops his share" too.........which clearly implies that he drops about the same % of passes.    Which is FALSE.  

Since "rare" is much different "often".......yes that is a much more apt description.

You just wanted to shout down the discussion of drops.

Get used to the media talking about dropped passes, blown coverages, missed blocks etc.. because they've been reporting this stuff every day in camp for decades now.

If there seems to be greater attention brought to.......which is not necessarily the case........it could be that that's because Davis had a truly awful season catching the football last season and people want to know if that sh!t is going to continue.

I get everything you're saying and agree. I never brought up or had Davis in my head when I replied, but I'd like to get past that. Have a great day and Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Buscaglia in The Athletic said that Rousseau had a dominant practice.......with sacks against both Dawkins and Brown.

Also said that O'Cyrus Torrence has been getting beaten on the regular in camp and that Ryan Bates performance is far ahead of him..........which isn't the narrative that I've seen in general.

Yeah, saw that. He paints a very positive portrait of Rousseau and says he's grown into his frame. Didn't realize that he just turned 23. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

His jobs went from Asst Secondary coach to Safety coach now to LB coach.  He seems to be getting groomed in my mind.

If I compare him to the other D coaches, he seems the strongest candidate for DC if McDermott stay in-house.

if it did happen, only time would tell if he excelled.  I do like to listen to him in his pressers.  I like his knowledge, passion and straight forwardness.

I agree with all of that but boy, it is exhausting to listen to him, the man has a lot of passion/energy.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yes it is. Such a harsh use of capital letters. 

It wasn't my first time seeing somebody like you use a totally idiotic/false premise as an excuse to complain about something the media has been regularly reporting for decades at practices.  

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The issue with that may very well be money. I saw something yesterday that said the Bills were $4M to the good counting the top 51. In a few weeks the Bills have to have money for all 53 in their roster, plus the entire PS (another 3-4M I believe) on their salary cap. Plus have money for in season moves that will happen. 

And while the Bills do have some moves to make to get there, Teddy played for $6.5M last year. I would suspect (of course no way to know for sure) that would be around what he's looking for now. Even throw in a slight decrease for being a year older and I don't thing you get him for less than $4.5-5.5M on a 1 year deal. May be a bit rich for Beane this late in camp.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

It wasn't my first time seeing somebody like you use a totally idiotic/false premise as an excuse to complain about something the media has been regularly reporting for decades at practices.  

Dude grow up. You took what I said out of context. I tried owning up to it. You use the word literally when I literally never even talked about Davis.   All I'm saying is Diggs drops balls too. But he's awesome, so the media doesn't have to put it out there as if we need to worry about it. If you can't get over that I'm sorry, it's a you thing at this point. 

1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Dude grow up. You took what I said out of context. I tried owning up to it. You use the word literally when I literally never even talked about Davis.   All I'm saying is Diggs drops balls too. But he's awesome, so the media doesn't have to put it out there as if we need to worry about it. If you can't get over that I'm sorry, it's a you thing at this point. 

You aren't owning the take you are playing the "I was mis-quoted" card because you know what you said made no sense.   Again,  this is stuff that's been getting reported for decades.  If it's too intense for you then don't follow it.   That's a you decision.

13 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

For 53, right now I'd go the following (#s-wise):

2 Qbs

4 Rbs (incl Gilliam)

9 OL

3 TEs

6 Wrs

Subtotal Offense= 24

11 DL (assumes Von is ready for Week 1, perhaps less than full snaps/pitch count-ie: Tre from LY)

6 LB

9 secondary

Subtotal defense= 26

3 S/T (Isabella not on 53)

So I got 10 DL and 10 DBs but otherwise agree. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You aren't owning the take you are playing the "I was mis-quoted" card because you know what you said made no sense.   Again,  this is stuff that's been getting reported for decades.  If it's too intense for you then don't follow it.   That's a you decision.

I'm owning my take. I'll cap it for you. DIGGs DROPS BALLS. Who cares. We don't complain because he's a great receiver. WTH is so wrong with that. Dang dude. 

you brought up Davis saying I "Literally was talking about Davis". 

what am I to say here?  Go back to my original response and I said nothing about Davis. Your reading into things man. 

Here's what I said. "Literally"

Not to be that guy but Diggs has his share of drops each season. We just look past them because he is also pretty darn great. I just don't think him dropping a ball needs to be talked about. JMO

7 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The issue with that may very well be money. I saw something yesterday that said the Bills were $4M to the good counting the top 51. In a few weeks the Bills have to have money for all 53 in their roster, plus the entire PS (another 3-4M I believe) on their salary cap. Plus have money for in season moves that will happen. 

And while the Bills do have some moves to make to get there, Teddy played for $6.5M last year. I would suspect (of course no way to know for sure) that would be around what he's looking for now. Even throw in a slight decrease for being a year older and I don't thing you get him for less than $4.5-5.5M on a 1 year deal. May be a bit rich for Beane this late in camp.

This late in Camp, Bridgewater is in jeopardy of not being on a roster this season. That and a year older, you're looking closer to 4 than 6.5. That would still involve a move or two to be made.

But there are moves to be made. If Josh were to be lost for the season, we're screwed either way. But with what Kyle has shown, I think we'd be in trouble in the short term where someone like Bridgewater is more capable of pulling out a win or two.

Pickens are slim when it comes to who's available now. It's Bridgewater, Carson Wentz, and Matt Ryan (who I think is shot) as far as the best available guys. But at this point from what we've seen in Camp, I'd definitely be looking into bringing another guy in for the Pre-Season to cover our butts.

58 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

This late in Camp, Bridgewater is in jeopardy of not being on a roster this season. That and a year older, you're looking closer to 4 than 6.5. That would still involve a move or two to be made.

I sort of liked the idea, but it appears Teddy is on his way to the Motor City.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I sort of liked the idea, but it appears Teddy is on his way to the Motor City.

Oh damn. Yeah, there goes that idea. 

He really represented the best available. Everyone else is either questionable and/or very old. 

Carson Wentz

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Nick Foles 

Chase Daniel

Cam Newton

At this point, we may just be stuck. But I wouldn't be against bringing someone in from the list for the Pre-Season and maybe Practice Squad just to have a look see or an emergency fall back.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.