Herbert deal signed : 262M - 5 yrs extension

TBBills Fan

40 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Individual teams must spend a minimum of 89% of the cap on players over a four year period. The league as a whole must spend at least 95% over that period.

Sorry, I meant in regards to how much is spent on QB’s percentage wise.

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

A player is “worth” whatever someone is willing to pay him. It’s really that simple. 

You are correct. I should have prefaced my thought with "In my humble opinion", nobody is worth that much. And I'd guess that there are tens of millions of folks across the country who feel the same way.

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Spotrac doesn’t let me go back that far without an account.

Even if you went back to 1994 when the cap was first imposed, I think you’d find that the percentage spent on QBs is relatively the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

How long before Allen needs a new deal. they might have to reset every year at this ridiculous pace, especially if we win the SuperBowl or just go.

He’ll need a new deal relatively soon. He’s basically been playing on a rookie cap hit. This year he only counts $18M. But the next 4 or 5 range from $45-$55M which is amongst the highest cap hits in the league.

The bill is coming due. Well have to extend to help spread money out. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

“well north of…”

Interesting if true.  Joe has been vocal about not expecting to break the bank because he wants to keep the core offense together.  If he does go “far north” of Justin, I don’t see how they can keep Chase and Higgins.  They just paid Brown and some defensive guys.  I know the cap can always be manipulated, but there are limits. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Interesting if true.  Joe has been vocal about not expecting to break the bank because he wants to keep the core offense together.  If he does go “far north” of Justin, I don’t see how they can keep Chase and Higgins.  They just paid Brown and some defensive guys.  I know the cap can always be manipulated, but there are limits. 

The thing is the next two years he will be cheap in cap terms whatever the big contract number. So if they want to keep Higgins and Chase they can front load those deals a bit cap wise. I don't think they will be able to keep Tee though. Not just because of money. I think he not only wants to be paid as a #1 I think he wants to be used as a #1. Similar to how Diggs felt in Minnesota as a 1B. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.