FIFA Woman's World Cup...USWNT looking to 3 Peat!

Big Turk

Purple/green head too busy promoting herself to practice a PK.  A high school JV player can make that shot.  Selfish loser cost her and her teammates millions in sponsorships.  Pathetic.

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

There’s always Bud Light.

74015201-12378135-image-a-28_16913257897

Go ahead and squirt a few green head.  Bag some groceries now. She laughed after she missed her PK.  

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well they have won titles. Just not this time.

I get that.  But is the money generated by the women’s team even comparable to the women’s?

Should Meghan Trainor make the same as Taylor Swift on tour?  Hell no.  More people want to see swift and pay more to do it. 

If the women generated more than then men, then the women should then make more than the men.  Gender and performance have nothing to do with it to me.  They are entertainers and their value is based on the money they generate.  

If women supported the women’s soccer team the way they supported Taylor Swift, the Barbie movie, or the Kardashians, then the women’s soccer team would be the richest athletes on the planet.  

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I get that.  But is the moment generated by the women’s team even comparable to the women’s?

Should Meghan Trainor make the same as Taylor Swift on tour?  Hell no.  More people want to see swift and pay more to do it. 

If the women generated more than then men, then the women should then make more than the men.  Gender and performance have nothing to do with it to me.  They are entertainers and their value is based on the money they generate.  

If women supported the women’s soccer team the way they supported Taylor Swift, the Barbie movie, or the Kardashians, then the women’s soccer team would be the richest athletes on the planet.  

This is true, but you understand there are folks who think math is a fascist concept.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I get that.  But is the money generated by the women’s team even comparable to the women’s?

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

This is true, but you understand there are folks who think math is a fascist concept.

Revenue arguments aren't cut and dry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/08/are-us-womens-soccer-players-really-earning-less-than-men/

The Women's World Cup definitely generates less revenue than the men's cup. But USA Soccer revenues are combined, and you can argue that the Women's team earned more revenue by winning 4 World Cups and 4 Olympic gold medals, than the men who only reached the World Cup quarters once since 1930 and only won a silver medal in the Olympics (in 1904.)

As for this year's result, it's pretty obvious the advantage US women had thanks to Title IX has evaporated. The rest of the world takes women's sports just as seriously and have caught up. They can't just show up and win anymore.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/08/are-us-womens-soccer-players-really-earning-less-than-men/

The Women's World Cup definitely generates less revenue than the men's cup. But USA Soccer revenues are combined, and you can argue that the Women's team earned more revenue by winning 4 World Cups and 4 Olympic gold medals, than the men who only reached the World Cup quarters once since 1930 and only won a silver medal in the Olympics (in 1904.)

As for this year's result, it's pretty obvious the advantage US women had thanks to Title IX has evaporated. The rest of the world takes women's sports just as seriously and have caught up. They can't just show up and win anymore.

That's strange to me that they can't tell where the revenue comes from.  Between ticket sales, jersey sales, and the way we can track what everyone watches on TV...how do we not know.  

I'm not saying it towards you, just overall.  I would just assume with how popular soccer is across the world, dwarfing all US sports combined, that the men's world cup would bring in a ton more money.  Therefor, based off revenue share, it would make sense that the women would make less.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

That's strange to me that they can't tell where the revenue comes from.  Between ticket sales, jersey sales, and the way we can track what everyone watches on TV...how do we not know.  

I'm not saying it towards you, just overall.  I would just assume with how popular soccer is across the world, dwarfing all US sports combined, that the men's world cup would bring in a ton more money.  Therefor, based off revenue share, it would make sense that the women would make less.  

But when it comes to what players get paid, it all comes down to what USA Soccer brings in. And let's be honest. The women's team has been way more successful...until today.

• Eyeroll 1

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But when it comes to what players get paid, it all comes down to what USA Soccer brings in. And let's be honest. The women's team has been way more successful...until today.

Except it's about money brought in, not success per se.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

A lot of attention on Rapinoe here, but was Smith not the biggest disappointment? For all the hype she gets, she totally sucked.

Rapinoe puts herself in the spotlight and was front and center of the equal pay discussion, which is why she gets so much attention.  

Which, considering she didn’t enter until OT is strange.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I’ll be honest, I don’t know how all of that works 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Rapinoe puts herself in the spotlight and was front and center of the equal pay discussion, which is why she gets so much attention.  

Which, considering she didn’t enter until OT is strange.  

The depth chart dynamics have nothing to do with the off-field politics. There are people in that spotlight who don't even play for the team.

Based on actual performance expectations, Smith was a huge disappointment. Slow, indecisive, and imprecise.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes. I said that. How much money does USA Soccer bring in.

The more pertinent question as it pertains to whether the women deserve to get paid as much as the money is how much does each US soccer league bring in?

• Like (+1) 1