SCOTUS strikes down Biden’s student loan forgiveness plan

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Virtually all PPP loans are being forgiven — despite concerns about fraud, undeserving recipients. And all you need is a simple one-page form to get relief

If you received a Paycheck Protection Program loan during the pandemic, there’s a good chance you won’t have to pay it back.

Millions of PPP loans, at a cost of $770 billion, were given out to businesses, individuals and nonprofits across the country during the pandemic. The loans were targeted to small businesses with fewer than 500 employees to help them keep workers as well as pay bills and overhead.

Almost all the PPP loans — 90% — have already been completely or partially forgiven, according to NPR analysis of data from the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene had $183,504 in PPP loans forgiven.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-republican-critics-student-loan-cancellation-ppp-loan-forgiveness/

I mean... I am sad you don't get how government works. Congress passed the PPP. If you'd like we can work out the basics of government this evening.  I have a few hours to kill explaining that the president can't decide or dictate the financial situations involved here.

But, yep, cool, you links a CBS news site that imbeciles will cling to...

28 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Corrupt president’s fake promise even his own party leaders said is illegal was confirmed to be illegal 

😳

Knew this would happen and now will try something else illegal to rally support for 2024.  Even though there's no way of implementing it even if elected.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Knew this would happen and now will try something else illegal to rally support for 2024.  Even though there's no way of implementing it even if elected.

They knew they couldn't do it either. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

They knew they couldn't do it either. 

That's what I meant.  It's manipulative but there's a lot of young people who will fall for it.  It's plain cruel to people and families who were counting on it.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

👆😆🤣

Oh, isn’t this is a cute little circle jerk amongst the cult?

Manipulative… jfc

How many Trump voters are disappointed about the super affordable Trump Care that was promised and never delivered? 

Oh, it’s too hard, we were told.

But you know what wasn’t too hard?

Getting those tax cuts in for the rich.

But tell us - how did Trump get the money for the wall? 

Anyone? 

Bueller?

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

There are options, BillSy.  Help your younger siblings.  Provide sound guidance on how debt works, the extraordinary benefits offered by community college, the benefits of staying local, virtual learning etc.  Research in-state options relative to income (NY Excelsior program).  Look into programs where they get free education for public service (volunteer firefighters get an exceptional benefits if they attend community college). If you can afford to do it, help them pay for college. Gift them money.  Pay for books. 

We were able to fund our children’s college debt with some strategic planning, heartfelt conversations on what we would expect in return for our commitment, good fortune and good children.   

My son’s wife has college debt (and she’s a young lady who powered through sone very tough breaks in life to complete her education), and they would have qualified for relief under the Biden plan though financially they are doing quite well. My advice was pretty simple—if you qualify for forgiveness when all is said and done, take it.  If not, pay the debt off as soon as possible. 

If you are able, join the military and serve for a 3 year enlistment and then go to college on the GI Bill.  Worked for me.  There are so many options besides going in debt.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boyst said:

I mean... I am sad you don't get how government works. Congress passed the PPP. If you'd like we can work out the basics of government this evening.  I have a few hours to kill explaining that the president can't decide or dictate the financial situations involved here.

But, yep, cool, you links a CBS news site that imbeciles will cling to...

If you want your taxes to payoff  loans for businesses and politicians good for you. They should pay there loans just like the students will have too. 

I love the Left trying to equate this to PPP. They are not the same! First, the PPP program was passed by Congress. Second, the intention behind PPP was the federal government was actually responsible for shutting down people’s businesses. The government caused the harm! That isn’t the case with student loans. The government hasn’t told college graduates that they can’t use their degrees. These two programs have literally nothing to do with each other. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

If you want your taxes to payoff  loans for businesses and politicians good for you. They should pay there loans just like the students will have too. 

That's not your argument. Non sequitur statement. 

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's what I meant.  It's manipulative but there's a lot of young people who will fall for it.  It's plain cruel to people and families who were counting on it.

Honestly if your dumb enough to believe Joe lieden, when even Pelosi said it’s not legal, you probably shouldn’t have student loans 😂 

• Thank you (+1) 1