Jeremy Fowler - The Bills believe they have the Diggs situation resolved

BillsFan619

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

No, he didn’t take Rex’s team anywhere. If I recall correctly we had something like 8 new starters in 2017 than 2016. And we backed into the playoffs because of a miracle by the Bengals. 

If Josh Allen goes down, this team doesn’t win more than 8 games.

You can explain it away all you want. He took Rex’s team to the playoffs. 
The Bills went from almost 2 decades of no playoffs to the playoffs, in his first season as HC. Any success by McDermott is just plain old luck. Got it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Josh is lucky we drafted him and not NJ,Cleveland,Carolina, or AZ. 
Josh is NOT the reason we made the playoffs in 2019. Far from it.  That was a total team effort, including McDermott as HC. 
You don’t like McD. and Cincy is a better team than the Bills.  We got it, already. You can say it 15 different ways and you’re still saying the same thing. Blah, blah, blah. 

20 minutes ago, teef said:

So…what I’m seeing here is that when something god happens to the bills, it’s either all Allen or a bit of luck.  When something bad happens to the bills, it’s strictly on mcd.  This is shaping up nicely. 

Only to the “smart” posters. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

With a bit of luck, any coach can win more games than they deserve. Dick Jauron once won 13 games in a season. He went 13-3 with the 2001 Bears.

McDermott needed a moderate amount of luck in his 2017 campaign where he backed into the playoffs with 9 wins. Luck such as facing a Miami team without their starting QB on the last game of the season when we needed a win to have any chance. 

We still won 9 games that year and every team has luck.  The Bills weren't especially lucky in 2017 to win 9 games....they won them.

So basically this team without Josh Allen will only win 8 games.

Meaning, you think the overall 2017 team is one game better than this current constructed team.

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We still won 9 games that year and every team has luck.  The Bills weren't especially lucky in 2017 to win 9 games....they won them.

Semantics aren't going to get you anywhere. McDermott was lucky to reach 9 wins in 2017. Just like Jauron was lucky to reach 13 wins in 2001 (but he won them!)

Edited by Einstein

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Meaning, you think the overall 2017 team is one game better than this current constructed team.

Forget logical deduction with this poster, you are Wasting your time. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Semantics aren't going to get you anywhere. McDermott was lucky to reach 9 wins in 2017. Just like Jauron was lucky to reach 13 wins in 2001 (but he won them!)

UGH…no there isn’t any semantics going on here.  It is fact that McDermott can win at least 8 games without Allen as his QB because he’s done it before… and in a 16 game season.

Your statement that he can’t is factually wrong.  And that means you think the 2017 team was better overall.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Your statement that he can’t

I  never stated this.

You're getting lost in your own semantics.

I said this current team is not winning more than 8 games without Allen.

You attempted to twist my words and create a strawman argument. An unfortunate problem for you as I am significantly smarter than you.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I  never stated this.

You attempted to twist my words and create a strawman argument. An unfortunate problem for you as I am significantly smarter than you.

In what regard?

Edited by Augie

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I  never stated this.

You actually gave me a good laugh, you are significantly smarter, LOL. 

Whenever a poster trys to deflect attention and claim intellectual superiority, you know they have lost the debate  and lost badly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I  never stated this.

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

No, he didn’t take Rex’s team anywhere. If I recall correctly we had something like 8 new starters in 2017 than 2016. And we backed into the playoffs because of a miracle by the Bengals. 

If Josh Allen goes down, this team doesn’t win more than 8 games.

You knew where I was going with this because I asked the question.  Then you answered it with the following reply and now you can't answer it further.

FYI, you're not fooling anyone.  No one legitimately thinks you are "superior" intelligence and many think the complete opposite...you're the running joke on here and will continue to be. 

Where is this arrogance coming from lol?  You're seriously an adult and throwing out the "I am significantly smarter than you" on a message board LOL.  You keep getting to deeper levels of insecurity....geezus.

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You actually gave me a good laugh, you are significantly smarter, LOL. 

Whenever a poster trys to deflect attention and claim intellectual superiority, you know they have lost the debate  and lost badly.

My brother in law is a VERY bright guy, in some ways. His grown daughters like to share his IQ with you if you let them. I’m not impressed because he is absolutely lost in groups or with any kind of interactions with others. They brag about his IQ, but I’m not sure it outweighs his glaring weaknesses.

Super nice guy, and if you need someone to check your numbers, he’s your guy. But if you want to shout about your strengths, it’s only fair to paint the whole picture. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You knew where I was going with this because I asked the question. 

Yes, I knew you were setting up a strawman.

You tried to distort my statement by implying that my argument was centered around "McDermott could never achieve more than 8 wins without a franchise argument." I saw through your feeble attempt (as I often do) and promptly responded by acknowledging that lesser coaches can occasionally stumble upon a better-than-average season due to luck. I even provided an example of Dick Jauron in 2001.

You were outwitted and outsmarted. Deal with it.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

No one legitimately thinks you are "superior" intelligence 

Yes, this is common.

You have fallen prey to the Dunning-Kruger effect. Fools often believe themselves to be smarter than experts.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Yes, I knew you were setting up a strawman.

You tried to distort my statement by implying that my argument was centered around "McDermott could never achieve more than 8 wins without a franchise argument." I saw through your feeble attempt (as I often do) and promptly responded by acknowledging that lesser coaches can occasionally stumble upon a better-than-average season due to luck. I even provided an example of Dick Jauron in 2001.

You were outwitted and outsmarted. Deal with it.

Yes, this is common.

You have fallen prey to the Dunning-Kruger effect. Fools often believe themselves to be smarter than experts.

1. The Jauron example is not proof of luck lol.  

2. Doesn't apply because you're not an expert and you're a delusional who brags on the internet.  Really confident and secure men brag on the internet...it's true.

3 hours ago, teef said:

So…what I’m seeing here is that when something god happens to the bills, it’s either all Allen or a bit of luck.  When something bad happens to the bills, it’s strictly on mcd.  This is shaping up nicely. 

True but bills fans do the same thing with other teams. It’s almost like fans don’t think rationally.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

True but bills fans do the same thing with other teams. It’s almost like fans don’t think rationally.

to an extent.   i'm referring to a specific poster who has tried every angle to show us how bad of a coach he feels mcd is.  if that's someone's opinion, it's all good, but when someone post mathematical equations they spent, "hours" completing, in order to show us they're scientifically correct, while in fact they proved absolutely nothing, there's an issue.  when someone has realized how much they've failed to prove their theory, that now any success under mcd is just luck?  come on.  

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

My brother in law is a VERY bright guy, in some ways. His grown daughters like to share his IQ with you if you let them. I’m not impressed because he is absolutely lost in groups or with any kind of interactions with others.

He may be a bit on the spectrum. It's common in our circles. Feel free to have him email me at danielr@universityprofessors.org

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.