Start eating your own (Poyer) lib Bills fans...

55 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The sad part is that so many of these groups waited until the last moment to tell Jordan. This has been on the books at Doral for several months at least because one of my friends wanted to go until he saw the price tag. If not interested then tell him upfront don't wait till 2 weeks out and he can't fix it. Those people who pulled out this past week are garbage because they would truly rather children suffer than allow Trump to have any good coverage.

Objectively looking at it, there could be a case made that they should've pulled out earlier if this was a concern. Although that doesn't necessarily mean they would rather have children suffer. What if they repurpose that sponsorship money to something else? 

Jordan can do whatever he wants...but I would similarly make a case that trying to make a political statement (at least it appears that way from what Rachel said) to go in conjunction with a charity for children doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. 

I don't think either side looks great here really. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Maybe they pulled out late.  Whatever.  They’re entitled to do as they see fit.  Maybe, too, they don’t want children to suffer and simply prefer not to be associated with a scumbag like Trump.    It’s absurd to suggest that there’s a correlation between preferences for disassociation with Trump and the suffering of minors. 

If you did not want to be associated with Trump in any way then pull out when it was announced as the location and allow someone else to fill your shoes, to pull out at the last minute knowing that it would have to be cancelled is choosing to intentionally screw the childrens charity for political purposes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

If you did not want to be associated with Trump in any way then pull out when it was announced as the location and allow someone else to fill your shoes, to pull out at the last minute knowing that it would have to be cancelled is choosing to intentionally screw the childrens charity for political purposes. 

This is ECMCC you’re talking about, right?  I’m not an expert in such matters, but I believe that facility cares for, among others,  seriously injured children. 

• Like (+1) 1

• BillsFanNC changed the title to Start eating your own (Poyer) lib Bills fans...
On 6/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Objectively looking at it, there could be a case made that they should've pulled out earlier if this was a concern. Although that doesn't necessarily mean they would rather have children suffer. What if they repurpose that sponsorship money to something else? 

Jordan can do whatever he wants...but I would similarly make a case that trying to make a political statement (at least it appears that way from what Rachel said) to go in conjunction with a charity for children doesn't make a lot of sense to me either. 

I don't think either side looks great here really. 

Too much party over country.

Why should we be surprised when folks put party over charity?

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/25/2023 at 10:21 PM, ChiGoose said:

Poyer is free to hold his tournament wherever he wants and people are free to patronize it or not. 

Can’t imagine anyone criticizing the backlash would have a problem if a Bills player held an event at Hunter Biden’s Mini Golf Cocaine and Hooker Emporium…

More liberal nonsense.  Of course people should have a problem with it!!!

Poyer can get his coke and hookers anywhere, us laymen rely on Hunter for that!  

• Agree 1

Do the Bills seem to have more outspoken players coming at issues from the right, or does it just seem that way due to being a team in NY?

Between covid and now this.. I’m curious if other teams have these “controversies”. 

Off the top of my head, I know Nick Bosa is an outspoken MAGA guy but he’s also the best pass rusher in the league, so San Fran fans arent trying to rock that boat. 

Micah Parsons attacked Biden recently .. and then had to walk it back when liberals got all upset. 

Justin Jackson is vocal about issues from anti-establishment progressive viewpoint. 

Off the top of my head, that’s all I can really think of since Kaep. 

The NFL seems to keep a tight lid on politics in comparison to NBA & MLB.  NHL seems to be going the way of the NFL in shutting down politically charged content.   And the UFC is basically the inverse of the NBA with a heavy right leaning fanbase and athlete sentiment.