Thanks coach McDermott… you’re one of the best coaches in the game.

Dopey

2 minutes ago, teef said:

i get it, but i'm still not sure any fans consider and early exit in the playoffs as successful.  i certainly can't speak for everyone, but evaluating the season comes in two parts, (obviously the regular and post season).  the bills had a good regular season last year, (as strange as it was) because they won 13 games.  as a fan i enjoyed that time and the regular season was fun.  once the playoffs start, and new season begins, and what happened during the regular season goes out the window.  i can enjoy the regular season and hate was happened after that.  it's still and unsuccessful season, but let's not act like there's nothing to be positive about.  

the post season will define this staff.  they have to shows major changes this year and next.  i really don't think terry will just let this keep happening in the playoffs with no recourse like some think.

Agree 100% about regular season vs post season. 

McD is 4-5 in the post season. The last two post season were 13 seconds and the Cinci game. 

You can do the math.

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

BTW, you are venturing into homer status here on this one.  

;) 

I am not because I never said anything defending either McDermott or Peterman. That was ALL you projecting. I said I would not want Frank Reich as Head Coach of the Bills. A man who pounded the table for a dreadful QB and encouraged his GM to sign two other washed out vets - giving up valuable draft picks in the process - rather than taking serious stock of where the team is and putting the organisational focus on securing a long term answer to the position. 

It wouldn't matter who was the Bills coach, or who was the Bills QB.... a man who takes that approach to team building in 2023 is not a guy I'd want as my Head Coach. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Agree 100% about regular season vs post season. 

McD is 4-5 in the post season. The last two post season were 13 seconds and the Cinci game. 

You can do the math.

this may sound strange, but i had less of a problem with 13 seconds than i did the loss last year.  13 seconds was a heart breaker, but it made me very excited for the future.  last year was one of the biggest pieces of ***** i've seen from this team in a very long time.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No one new Wentz would be as bad as he was and the thought was, Wentz would rebound. No one had a crystal Ball at the time. But Judging a HC over A decision is just a waste of time... FOR ME.. you want to argue that? it is on you. I chose not to. 

As you know I have been against personal attacks for a long time.. It is what I saw. nothing personal again.. i just wish it would simmer down. 

Actually I said at the time Wentz would suck. His final year of film in Philly was so freaking bad. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am not because I never said anything defending either McDermott or Peterman. That was ALL you projecting. I said I would not want Frank Reich as Head Coach of the Bills. A man who pounded the table for a dreadful QB and encouraged his GM to sign two other washed out vets - giving up valuable draft picks in the process - rather than taking serious stock of where the team is and putting the organisational focus on securing a long term answer to the position. 

It wouldn't matter who was the Bills coach, or who was the Bills QB.... a man who takes that approach to team building in 2023 is not a guy I'd want as my Head Coach. 

Well, if we're going to be honest here, I'm not sure what McBeane have built other than Allen.  

Think about it.  Our WRs have been inadequate after every season.  

Our OL has been average on good days, perpetually, this season awaiting a positive change from McGovern/Torrence, but if they aren't what's been billed ...

Our TE has been Knox to date, below-average otherwise, and more than not have been critical of Knox and his inconsistency issues and dropped balls too.  

Our RBs, LOL, as I've pointed out, are the least utilized in the entire league.  The entire league.   

None of that is building anything.  It's over-relying upon Allen, entirely.  

So offensively, apart from Allen, what has McD built?    ... and since the focal point of our team is Allen, it revolves around our offense, particularly since our Defense fails in the playoffs.  

BTW, I realize we're going to disagree on these things.  LOL  Please don't take any of this with any hostile intent.  :) 

5 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, if we're going to be honest here, I'm not sure what McBeane have built other than Allen.  

Our OL has been average on good days, perpetually, this season awaiting a positive change from McGovern/Torrence, but if they aren't what's been billed ...

Our TE has been Knox to date, below-average otherwise, and more than not have been critical of Knox and his inconsistency issues and dropped balls too.  

Our RBs, LOL, as I've pointed out, are the least utilized in the entire league.  The entire league.   

So offensively, apart from Allen, what has McD built?    ... and since the focal point of our team is Allen, it revolves around our offense, particularly since our Defense fails in the playoffs.  

BTW, I realize we're going to disagree on these things.  LOL  Please don't take any of this with any hostile intent.  :) 

I don't disagree at all. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Actually I said at the time Wentz would suck. His final year of film in Philly was so freaking bad. 

I got that Medal waiting for you at my house! lol.

You are usually spot on. This is why, usually I will not argue a point with you lol

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Other than Knox (who was inconsistent and dropped balls the first two years but has been very effective and underused by Allen and the OC the last two years)... and the receiving corps and OL in 2020 (Diggs, Gabe, Brown, Beas and the best OL of Josh's career albeit in empty stadiums) I don't particularly disagree.

But my point was NEVER about McDermott or Beane. It was about Frank Reich. What we disagree on is whether Frank Reich is a good football coach. And I say a man who bangs the table for his GM to use draft capital on Wentz and a washed up Matt Ryan in this era of NFL football isn't a guy who really gets where the league is going. I wasn't particularly impressed with his work as a Head Coach, his teams regularly lost games to teams they were more talented than that cost them in the final standings. I just wouldn't hire him. Even if the Bills had a vacancy I wouldn't hire him. 

Edited by GunnerBill

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Other than Knox (who was inconsistent and dropped balls the first two years but has been very effective and underused by Allen and the OC the last two years)... and the receiving corps and OL in 2020 (Diggs, Gabe, Brown, Beas and the best OL of Josh's career albeit in empty stadiums) I don't particularly disagree.

But my point was NEVER about McDermott or Beane. It was about Frank Reich. What we disagree on is whether Frank Reich is a good football coach. And I say a man who bangs the table for his GM to use draft capital on Wentz and a washed up Matt Ryan in this era of NFL football isn't a guy who really gets where the league is going. I wasn't particularly impressed with his work as a Head Coach, his teams regularly lost games to teams they were more talented than that cost them in the final standings. I just wouldn't hire him. Even if the Bills had a vacancy I wouldn't hire him. 

OK, but I never said he was a great coach, I said he'd be better than McD at managing the offense, and since offense is this team's strength, and given the several things that I said were wrong with it, that weren't wrong with Reich's offenses, IMO the Offense here would be more balanced and notably better as a result, generally speaking, than it's been under McD.  

Again, Reich's largely had siht to work with.  It's interesting, because when I discuss things of this nature with people here, when the talent issue aligns with their side, they place it in a prominent position in the debate.  But when the opposite is true, it's entirely dismissed out of hand.  

Discounting last season, for him to have put forth an average 10th ranked scoring O in the four seasons otherwise, with Brissett, a 39-year old Rivers, and and Wentz as you pointed out, in a QB carousel of sorts never with the same QB for two seasons, with all but siht at WR, was pretty remarkable.  If we had this same conversation with the roles reversed, you'd be making the same argument about how McD had now weapons on offense compared to Reich.  

At the same time, IMO McD would have done much worse than Reich given those circumstances in Indy.  

I'll admit that I could be wrong, but if we're going to be honest, McD's "ability to coach the offense" revolves entirely around Allen and his individual play.  Not anything that McD has done.  What he and his OCs have done is created the most imbalanced offense that this team has ever seen, and allowed for Allen to play playground ball when he wants to.  I'm not trying to discount anything Allen does or what he is, I'm huge on him, but the talent around him has been limited.  His RBs again, are the least utilized of any other NFL team by a wide margin.  His OL is far from being good.  

Anyway, as usual, agree to disagree.  This season already looks as if it's shaping up to be a real doozy.  Sadly.  

McD is not the mental stratagist this team needs.  Our failures in the playoff's can all be traced back to him and his staff and poor coaching philosophy.  He has failed miserably to prepare this team in every aspect when it concerns playoff football, and having the team mentally unprepared to get to the next level.  He has made mistakes that everyone will forever associate back to him as a coach.  13 Seconds, blown play calling and notoriuosly bad defensive oversight of his DC.  He is firmly defiant with excuse after excuse, and trusting his process that has failed to produce any meaningful wins that show this team is progressing under his leadership and coaching.

Brian Daboll is better coach than McD will ever be.  Why because McD can't address his shortcoming's as a coach and fails to adjust to what the team needs to win.

Winning is everything and McD is not the guy to get us there, or get us a Super Bowl appearence much less winning it.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

That had some redeeming value, I must admit.   😋

It's always fun when people pick up on the movie lines.  :) 

It's important not to get too emotionally wrapped up here.  

• Agree 1