Go Woke. Go Broke.

• 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Imagine defining yourself by being against a man who started no wars, had relative peace in the middle east, and had a booming economy because he is a jerk, must be a sad existence. 

And no cocaine in the White House.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Sounds like you're envious.  How much do you earn per eyeroll here?

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

WTH is wrong with these people? This is a leading institution of best and brightest?? 

I hope the alumni close the check books. 

Laughable - people crying about grifters.

Also - make sure you keep sending him money and don't you dare uncheck the recurring gift flag.

image.thumb.jpeg.ca54c6420fa497c1505fff7de2b2b2d9.jpeg

Billionaire Victoria's Secret founder Leslie Wexner has officially cut all ties and financial support to Harvard in a blistering letter after Harvard's "dismal failure" condemning the Hamas terror attacks. 

Hamas Harvard: FAFO. 

"We are stunned and sickened by the dismal failure of Harvard’s leadership to take a clear and unequivocal stance against the barbaric murders of innocent Israeli civilians," their nonprofit said.

"Harvard’s leadership were indeed tiptoeing, equivocating, and we, like former Harvard President Larry Summers cannot ‘fathom the administration’s failure to disassociate the university and condemn the statement’ swiftly." 

“That should not have been that hard."

"In the absence of this clear moral stand, we have determined that the Harvard Kennedy School and the Wexner Foundation are no longer compatible partners."

Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

WTH is wrong with these people? This is a leading institution of best and brightest?? 

I hope the alumni close the check books. 

I wish more of the very affluent would stop giving to Colleges/Universities.   My wife and I used to give every year to our alma matter's but realized we were funding institutions that no longer reflected our values.  Additionally, what "greater good" would our donation go toward, a new jumbotron, maybe renovations to the offices of a pompous do-nothing professor or some other nonsense?  All you get in return is a form thank you letter with membership in the "gold" club.

Now we donate to small charitable organizations, food pantries, public libraries, etc.  The heartfelt responses we have received from many of these places really choke you up.  Wish we would have gone in this direction for our charitable donations years ago. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Billionaire Victoria's Secret founder Leslie Wexner has officially cut all ties and financial support to Harvard in a blistering letter after Harvard's "dismal failure" condemning the Hamas terror attacks. 

Hamas Harvard: FAFO. 

"We are stunned and sickened by the dismal failure of Harvard’s leadership to take a clear and unequivocal stance against the barbaric murders of innocent Israeli civilians," their nonprofit said.

"Harvard’s leadership were indeed tiptoeing, equivocating, and we, like former Harvard President Larry Summers cannot ‘fathom the administration’s failure to disassociate the university and condemn the statement’ swiftly." 

“That should not have been that hard."

"In the absence of this clear moral stand, we have determined that the Harvard Kennedy School and the Wexner Foundation are no longer compatible partners."

Yikes.

Ouch.  And good.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This was a poor choice by them

But come on you listen to victim mentality all day long coming from the right let’s not get self-righteous here

Silly spin and strawman.  Victimhood mentality is a defective thought process.  

Your issue with trying to make it binary and partisan. 

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of woke, I recently upgraded on Verizon to the iPhone 15.  Unbeknownst to me, my old plan that included DIsney+, Hulu and ESPN+ went poof!  I wonder how many subscribers they're going to lose because of that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...