Rookie Minicamp

Dr Krentist

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s funny how much we hate an OC that finished with the number 2 offense in the NFL. Especially considering it was his first season as OC and we hated our RB’s, OL, and WR’s as well.

lol. Gotta love fans and media.

I've been a bit critical of Dorsey's first season.  He does get a pass for being a rookie at it.  So, I guess you can laugh at me too.

However, I'm not the one comparing Josh Reed and Dalton because of the media's opinion of his hands.  So for future reference, are you

claiming the Kincaid will drop a lot of balls?

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Great point.  

i think it was a bit of both and probably more Josh wanting the big play than Dorsey.  Ultimately, it’s Dorsey’s offense and it’s his responsibility to make sure that his QB runs what he likes.  X’s and O’s are the primary concern of the coordinators but we all know there’s more to that job than just calling plays.  

like you said, he was too predictable and one dimensional.  I don’t think Josh would be in position to take the lower percentage deep ball nearly as much as he was, if our offensive system was more efficient.  Partly on Josh.  Partly on Dorsey.  

I've been hesitant to post this but after your comments I will.  Dorsey has to prove to me this year that he is the Buffalo Bills Offensive

Coordinator and not Josh Allen's play caller.  Josh is a great QB, but he does need a coach to tell him what he is not doing right.

IMO.

1 hour ago, dayman said:

I love the reps where they work against the unpadded coaches. Laziest waste of time possible. 

It's "rookie minicamp".  What you are seeing are coaches "teaching".

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I've been a bit critical of Dorsey's first season.  He does get a pass for being a rookie at it.  So, I guess you can laugh at me too.

However, I'm not the one comparing Josh Reed and Dalton because of the media's opinion of his hands.  So for future reference, are you

claiming the Kincaid will drop a lot of balls?

I've been hesitant to post this but after your comments I will.  Dorsey has to prove to me this year that he is the Buffalo Bills Offensive

Coordinator and not Josh Allen's play caller.  Josh is a great QB, but he does need a coach to tell him what he is not doing right.

IMO.

It's "rookie minicamp".  What you are seeing are coaches "teaching".

Lol that’s a stretch. No, I don’t think Kincaid will drop a lot of balls or be like Josh Reed. My goodness. 😂

The point was pretty simple. What you did in college doesn’t mean anything. All it does is get you drafted.

As for Dorsey, how does he prove to you? Stats don’t matter so is it just the end result? I don’t mean TDs because we scored them, but I mean playoff success?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

On 5/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, The Wiz said:

He was tripping on something while he was in buffalo.

Apparently the Jacksonville meth is better for your hand-eye coordination.

I'm not sure that catching shallow screens outside or around the hash marks  and running with it are the best test of a WR's hands. Zay had a healthy dose of that in college. Sammy Watkins too if I remember correctly.

Edited by starrymessenger

On 5/13/2023 at 7:23 AM, Clyde Smith said:

Don't forget we had a 2nd rounder with the best hands in college name Zay Jones, how did that turn out.

I don't remember anyone ever saying that about Zay. And anyway, he's become an OK receiver since he left Buffalo.

I'm more excited about Torrence anyway since the OL was easily the weakest unit on the team last year. I so hope Spencer Brown can be just average. Even that would be a huge improvement.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lol that’s a stretch. No, I don’t think Kincaid will drop a lot of balls or be like Josh Reed. My goodness. 😂

The point was pretty simple. What you did in college doesn’t mean anything. All it does is get you drafted.

As for Dorsey, how does he prove to you? Stats don’t matter so is it just the end result? I don’t mean TDs because we scored them, but I mean playoff success?

I just don't see the point of comparing Kincaid to Reed.  I'll admit I get a little tired of some of the sarcasm on the board.

So, let's just forget about it.

As for Dorsey, I've watched enough football to know what an elite OC can do.  Dorsey IMO is nowhere near that.  I'll add "yet" to that sentence.

He inherited a great QB.  You don't think that last season was his ceiling, do you?  If you don't, then we agree he can do a lot more with the team.

I've often used this analogy about OCs.  Good ones know how to set up a D the same way a boxer sets up his punches and uses his opponents

strengths against him.  In Dorsey's defense, I've also said that an experienced OC (I've used Andy Reid in this) has faced more 3rd and longs

in his career than Ken has in total plays called.  He IMO still has a lot to learn.  I hope he learns to excels at it.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just don't see the point of comparing Kincaid to Reed.  I'll admit I get a little tired of some of the sarcasm on the board.

So, let's just forget about it.

As for Dorsey, I've watched enough football to know what an elite OC can do.  Dorsey IMO is nowhere near that.  I'll add "yet" to that sentence.

He inherited a great QB.  You don't think that last season was his ceiling, do you?  If you don't, then we agree he can do a lot more with the team.

I've often used this analogy about OCs.  Good ones know how to set up a D the same way a boxer sets up his punches and uses his opponents

strengths against him.  In Dorsey's defense, I've also said that an experienced OC (I've used Andy Reid in this) has faced more 3rd and longs

in his career than Ken has in total plays called.  He IMO still has a lot to learn.  I hope he learns to excels at it.

There is no comparison to Reed made at all! They aren’t even remotely close as prospects other than they both had great hands in college.

The offense had its struggles between the 20’s as the season went on. I tend to blame the lack of good route runners on the roster. But you’ve watched enough football and probably already knew that.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/14/2023 at 12:09 PM, GreggTX said:

I don't remember anyone ever saying that about Zay. And anyway, he's become an OK receiver since he left Buffalo.

I'm more excited about Torrence anyway since the OL was easily the weakest unit on the team last year. I so hope Spencer Brown can be just average. Even that would be a huge improvement.

I heard it
That’s why I was just mouth agape as I watched Zay Jones fumble everything

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.