Daniel Penny to be charged

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

What would Republican Jesus do? 

Idk, what would NYC (a city where leftists can literally enact any policy they want and with an annual mental health budget in excess of $700M) do?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Idk, what would NYC (a city where leftists can literally enact any policy they want and with an annual mental health budget in excess of $700M) do?

You can’t force anyone to seek help…

…but it is obnoxious when the cult decides when it is ok for a killer to play God.

And you know what else is hilarious?

The cult claiming DEMs are soft on crime and the freak out when they hold a WHITE GUY accountable.

You freaks can’t square it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Sure I can. Interrupting a black person committing a criminal act is punishable by life in prison or death, depending on whether the police or the mob get to you first. 

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You can’t force anyone to seek help…

…but it is obnoxious when the cult decides when it is ok for a killer to play God.

And you know what else is hilarious?

The cult claiming DEMs are soft on crime and the freak out when they hold a WHITE GUY accountable.

watch the video where the marine rolls Neely over as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

A witness comes forward to support Daniel Penny’s defense

In the New York Post article linked to in the Tweet we learn that a woman came forward anonymously to speak up for Mr. Penny (although she is apparently not anonymous to the police):

A straphanger who was on the subway when former Marine Daniel Penny placed Jordan Neely in a fatal chokehold said Thursday she’s ‘praying’ for Penny after it was revealed the 24-year-old would face charges tied to the high-profile case.

‘I hope he has a great lawyer, and I’m praying for him,’ the 66-year-old woman, who did not want to be identified, told The Post Thursday night. ‘And I pray that he gets treated fairly, I really do. Because after all of this ensued, I went back and made sure that I said ‘Thank you’ to him.’ …

The subway rider said Neely, who had a history of mental illness, was threatening passengers after he hopped on an F train in Manhattan.

‘He said, ‘I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet, I’ll go to jail’ because he would kill people on the train,’ the woman said of Neely. ‘He said, ‘I would kill a motherf—er. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail.’’

The retiree said Penny did not initially engage with Neely during the wild rant until things got out of hand and he felt the urge to step in.

‘This gentleman, Mr. Penny, did not stand up,’ the rider said. ‘Did not engage with the gentleman. He said not a word. It was all Mr. Neely that was … threatening the passengers. If he did not get what he wants.’

https://twitchy.com/aaronw-313234/2023/05/14/a-witness-comes-forward-to-support-daniel-pennys-defense/

• Like (+1) 3

On 5/14/2023 at 11:03 AM, B-Man said:

I think the people criticizing the use of “good Samaritan” are missing two important points in what Jesus said. First, there are the two others who chose not to help the man in the road. Jesus mentions them to show that it’s easy to call oneself a good person, then be a hypocrite when it counts. The men who passed by should have helped the man but didn’t for their own convenient and selfish reasons.

This is the oddest thing… talking about the teachings of Christ to justify the tragic killing of a mentally ill man. I’m not sure Christ would be supportive of that. What about the teachings of Jesus as they apply to all the other topics we discuss here?Just a thought….

24 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

This is the oddest thing… talking about the teachings of Christ to justify the tragic killing of a mentally ill man. I’m not sure Christ would be supportive of that. What about the teachings of Jesus as they apply to all the other topics we discuss here?Just a thought….

Christ wouldn’t support you deliberately misrepresenting the situation. 

We’re justifying the actions took by Penny:

-Stepped in to prevent a man from menacing and potentially hurting others

that he was threatening 

-Used a hold under the attempt

to disable, not kill (my opinion)

-Put him in the recovery position after the doors opened and others were safe

Its tragic he died, but I don’t believe it was deliberate.  So no, nobody is using Jesus to justify the “killing” of someone. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Christ wouldn’t support you deliberately misrepresenting the situation.

What did I misrepresent? I have only said that we should let the legal process continue and I have faith in our legal system using trial by jury. 

Christ also spoke about compassion and caring for the lowest members of society. I think PPP would benefit from that a bit. 

On 5/14/2023 at 10:01 AM, Andy1 said:

The bodega owner is now counter suing the city for wrongful prosecution due to NYPD withholding exculpatory information from the DAs office. This sounds more like malpractice by the cops than Bragg.

Despite that, prosecutorial misconduct has been a problem in this country for years. Our justice system has almost no way to hold prosecutors accountable for intentional misconduct. The Innocence Project has been working on this for years. 
https://innocenceproject.org/news/why-holding-prosecutors-accountable-is-so-difficult/

From the Innocence Project:

… some prosecutors prize winning a conviction over complying with their constitutional obligations, resulting in error and, in some cases, intentional misconduct. Despite this, there are no reliable systems for holding prosecutors accountable for their misdeeds. Under current United States Supreme Court precedent, prosecutors are frequently granted “immunity” from civil lawsuits (meaning they cannot be sued by a wrongly convicted person) even when they intentionally violate the law, making oversight by public agencies and the courts all the more critical.

In 2013, ProPublica reporter Joaquin Sapien issued a report that focused on New York City prosecutors. Sapien examined New York state and federal court rulings between 2001-2011 and identified 30 cases in which “judges explicitly concluded that city prosecutors had committed harmful misconduct.” In all of the cases Sapien reviewed, however, only one prosecutor was removed from office for misconduct – and even that prosecutor was not removed until he was caught committing a second ethical violation. Although many cases were similarly concerning, the prosecutors were not sanctioned.

Trust me, the NYPD didn't want to arrest Alba.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I have to admit, I don't really care about this Daniel Penny thing. Let the jury decide. You guys are nuts with this.

The security guard in this video should be charged and jailed and I bet he will be.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I have to admit, I don't really care about this Daniel Penny thing. Let the jury decide. You guys are nuts with this.

The security guard in this video should be charged and jailed and I bet he will be.

Last I saw the DA said no charges. 

26 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

It's blowing up on social media. I'm betting the DA reconsiders.

He's black. if he was white he'd be charged. You can't charge a black guy you'd piss off both sides of the aisle.  Although I would absolutely love the reaction.