Daniel Penny to be charged

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

He's black. if he was white he'd be charged. You can't charge a black guy you'd piss off both sides of the aisle.  Although I would absolutely love the reaction. 

Yeah, but the victim was Trans, so they take precedence   

WELL, YES:  The utter hypocrisy of championing #MeToo and defending Neely. 

“If you argue that a woman can be traumatized by bawdy humor in the office or awkward come-ons in a bar, surely you would agree that she’s entitled to be fearful when trapped underground on a metal tube with an erratically behaving stranger twice her size.

But, no: instead, many of the people who once insisted that men who slid into DMs deserved the complete destruction of their professional reputations became passionate advocates for toughening up when it came to dealing with volatile people on public transit.”

https://hotair.com/headlines/2023/05/16/the-utter-hypocrisy-of-championing-metoo-and-defending-neely-n551293

• Like (+1) 1

Calling Penny a 'vigilante' is a progressive smear

Merriam-Webster defines a vigilante as “a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate).”

There can be loner vigilantes, of course. If, say, someone Penny cared about was harmed by a mentally ill homeless man, and he started riding the subways looking for mentally ill homeless men to take vengeance on, that’d be vigilantism. …

Indications are that Penny (and his fellow passengers) sincerely believed Jordan Neely, suffering from untreated mental illness, was a threat to people on the train. There’s still much we need to know about the particulars of the case, but the impulse to protect others is deeply admirable and rare. …

What progressives are doing is taking praise for someone who stepped up in a difficult circumstance and twisting it into something perverse, dangerous, and racist.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/05/daniel-penny-wasnt-a-vigilante/

sk051823dAPC.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

Calling Penny a 'vigilante' is a progressive smear

Merriam-Webster defines a vigilante as “a member of a volunteer committee organized to suppress and punish crime summarily (as when the processes of law are viewed as inadequate).”

There can be loner vigilantes, of course. If, say, someone Penny cared about was harmed by a mentally ill homeless man, and he started riding the subways looking for mentally ill homeless men to take vengeance on, that’d be vigilantism. …

Indications are that Penny (and his fellow passengers) sincerely believed Jordan Neely, suffering from untreated mental illness, was a threat to people on the train. There’s still much we need to know about the particulars of the case, but the impulse to protect others is deeply admirable and rare. …

What progressives are doing is taking praise for someone who stepped up in a difficult circumstance and twisting it into something perverse, dangerous, and racist.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2023/05/daniel-penny-wasnt-a-vigilante/

sk051823dAPC.jpg

Yeah I will concede neither 1. that Neely was killed intentionally nor 2. that this happened because of Neely’s criminal record. Neely threatened to murder people on a train, and a few men intervened to stop him from committing violent acts. Neely then died some time after the struggle concluded. 

Neely killed Neely as much as anybody did, with a major assist from NYC and the NYPD catch and release program. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 5/19/2023 at 2:54 PM, ALF said:

Neely was also mentally ill and homeless, society has some blame for not intervening .

The man tried to kidnap a child and the NYC community allowed him to continue being free, that is not society, that is NYC. The best help for homelessness is to force the people to accept help, arresting them repeatedly is not good for the them or the community unless you are putting them into a program. 

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

The man tried to kidnap a child and the NYC community allowed him to continue being free, that is not society, that is NYC. The best help for homelessness is to force the people to accept help, arresting them repeatedly is not good for the them or the community unless you are putting them into a program. 

They don't want to actually help these people. They just want people to think they do so they vote for them. AOC and Sharpton there for their photo op and then everything goes back to how it was. God forbid someone tries to protect themselves, especially if they are white. We are just supposed to lay down and take it apparently 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

The voters have to do better at all levels of state gov. things are out of control now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, B-Man said:

corrected. 

I agree with this if he actually had family

On 6/16/2023 at 6:04 PM, B-Man said:

New York official slams woke Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg for indictment of ex-Marine Daniel Penny over Jordan Neely's subway chokehold death: 'It defies logic that  he's being prosecuted'

by Ruth Bashinsky

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12200251/NY-official-slams-woke-Manhattan-DA-Alvin-Bragg-indictment-ex-Marine-Daniel-Penny.html

My first instinct is to always back up my veteran was it ever brought out whether or not he had actually touched anybody before this happened

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree with this if he actually had family

My first instinct is to always back up my veteran was it ever brought out whether or not he had actually touched anybody before this happened

Problem is the family has very little resources to get the guy help. He was just the regular mentally ill homeless guy. We need to have more asylums for these people to be put in. Over in europe they have them and they seem to do ok. The drug companies convinced us that if we just medicated everyone the problems would be solved. 

A dog I rescued a few years back was owned by this guy who had dual irish/american citizenship. He was friends with nurse that worked with my wife. He was a drug addict so the girl and his mother came up with a plan to get him back to ireland so he could be INvoluntarily commited to a facility. So I show up in my truck to pick the dog up and the guy is like...yea, i'm going back to ireland to get a new start and it's gonna be nice and all that. In my head im like man you have no idea whats about to happen. His mother had the hospital employees waiting at the airport for him.  We need more of that. 

By some miracle my wife actually rehomed the dog to a family that never owned a dog and jumped into owning a 90 lb pit bull. The dog was the biggest baby ever and I baby sat that dog when they would go on vacations for 2-3 years.