Daniel Penny to be charged

26 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Problem is the family has very little resources to get the guy help. He was just the regular mentally ill homeless guy. We need to have more asylums for these people to be put in. Over in europe they have them and they seem to do ok. The drug companies convinced us that if we just medicated everyone the problems would be solved. 

A dog I rescued a few years back was owned by this guy who had dual irish/american citizenship. He was friends with nurse that worked with my wife. He was a drug addict so the girl and his mother came up with a plan to get him back to ireland so he could be INvoluntarily commited to a facility. So I show up in my truck to pick the dog up and the guy is like...yea, i'm going back to ireland to get a new start and it's gonna be nice and all that. In my head im like man you have no idea whats about to happen. His mother had the hospital employees waiting at the airport for him.  We need more of that. 

By some miracle my wife actually rehomed the dog to a family that never owned a dog and jumped into owning a 90 lb pit bull. The dog was the biggest baby ever and I baby sat that dog when they would go on vacations for 2-3 years. 

A large push to close mental hospitals cake from "one flew over the cuckoo nest" and Nurse Ratchet. I have some interaction with the main one in Orlando and I don't see much help happening, just stabilizing and release again. My understanding is in Europe once in it is much more difficult to get out, but we have more individual rights. 

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

A large push to close mental hospitals cake from "one flew over the cuckoo nest" and Nurse Ratchet. I have some interaction with the main one in Orlando and I don't see much help happening, just stabilizing and release again. My understanding is in Europe once in it is much more difficult to get out, but we have more individual rights. 

The standard is pretty high for committing a person to any such facility but the criminal justice system needs to acknowledge that persons demonstrating chronic criminal behavior cannot be can't be given a free pass using the excuse of "mental illness" allowing them to stay on the streets to commit more crimes and endanger the public.