How can ignore feature work better

I think a "community ban" feature would be useful.  If a large enough percentage of active posters (say 90%) vote someone off the island they get booted.  This would clean up a lot of irrelevant posts that come from a few individuals.  I could see it as a help to Irv as it would likely push "problem children" off the board before he needs to intervene.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 5/10/2023 at 8:37 AM, BillsFanNC said:

I fully support @BillStime @ChiGoose @Tiberius and the other commies being able to freely spew their crap at will here at PPP.

I also have zero desire to interact with communists.

That's where the ignore feature comes in.

The only improvement I'd need  would be blocking the quoted posts of ignored commies.

Other than that it works swimmingly for me.

Tag and ignore. Ignore and tag.

The only improvement I'd need  would be blocking the quoted posts of ignored commies.

This, times 1000

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, wnyguy said:

I do have billsy on ignore, a poster who contributes nothing on this forum, and I hate it when people quote him/her/them/it.

They are a one-schtick pony that ultimately became boring with the same tired routine over and over and over. No point in having to wade through it. 

• Agree 4

21 hours ago, Precision said:

I think a "community ban" feature would be useful.  If a large enough percentage of active posters (say 90%) vote someone off the island they get booted.  This would clean up a lot of irrelevant posts that come from a few individuals.  I could see it as a help to Irv as it would likely push "problem children" off the board before he needs to intervene.

uh huh.  And which side uses "cancelling" as a criticism of the other?  If you can't win, cheat....

12 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

They are a one-schtick pony that ultimately became boring with the same tired routine over and over and over. No point in having to wade through it. 

oh, the irony.  when you only have a few functioning brain cells, you can't parrot very many thoughts.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 5/12/2023 at 4:31 PM, B-Man said:

See how easy.

yes, but it takes time away from you posting conspiracy theories....

This thread is as close as we'll get to the far righties admitting that they're losing the debates.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

uh huh.  And which side uses "cancelling" as a criticism of the other?  If you can't win, cheat....

oh, the irony.  when you only have a few functioning brain cells, you can't parrot very many thoughts.

The purpose of a message board is to benefit its members.  This board is not here for you or me, it's for the community of posters.  If the community doesn't want a poster here, collectively they should be able to ban them. 

I'm not in favor of banning people with different opinions, it's more about posters who are spamming and name calling on a consistent basis.  Honestly, I only see 1 poster that needs to be banned but that's me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I would say the very best way to make it better would be to ban all commies.

Except that would make me a commie too and I'd be subject to my own ban.

So I'll just continue to follow my bedrock principles and say let the commies run their mouths 24/7 here. It will be great to have the receipts when their beloved movement begins eating their own in earnest.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You seem angry for someone on a glamorous cruise. Must be all those Jews. Best wishes!

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

nope, but I do need to come home.  Worse comes to worst, I can leave again.  

In that case here’s to every other cruiser and potential cruiser alive in the world that they can power through their excursion without rage-posting/name-calling on a little-read message board. Safe travels!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

In that case here’s to every other cruiser and potential cruiser alive in the world that they can power through their excursion without rage-posting/name-calling on a little-read message board. Safe travels!

meanwhile, you continue to post here frequently...

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Easy-peasy

you're so clever and such a skilled debater.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

meanwhile, you continue to post here frequently...

My life is less exciting than yours. I have not been on a cruise, have never encountered a nazi, and don’t see bogeymen around every corner. 

There must be any easy way to compare our posting frequency. Are there any volunteers? Unvaxxed, maga, Jews need not apply. 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

My life is less exciting than yours. I have not been on a cruise, have never encountered a nazi, and don’t see bogeymen around every corner. 

There must be any easy way to compare our posting frequency. Are there any volunteers? Unvaxxed, maga, Jews need not apply. 

just unvaxxed and MAGA

On 5/10/2023 at 12:08 PM, SectionC3 said:

It’s cute when MAGA thumps the constitution and then uses government to punish for the exercise of freedom of speech and action.  Now apparently MAGA can’t stand discourse on an anonymous message board.  What a bunch of snowflakes.  

Discourse is great. No one should object to that. It's the name-calling, bomb-throwing, and idiotic memes by certain keyboard warriors that some of us are referring to.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can see redtail's wife or husband (not being judgmental here) yelling at him on the cruise:

"If you don't get off that damn computer, I'm going to throw it overboard!"

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

I can see redtail's wife or husband (not being judgmental here) yelling at him on the cruise:

"If you don't get off that damn computer, I'm going to throw it overboard!"

who is in whom's head.  And I'm definitely heterosexual.  So fuhgetaboutit.  You're very creepy.

Edited by redtail hawk