How can ignore feature work better

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s an interesting conversation for sure. You’ve obviously decided to lump them all together under the over arching ‘commie’ tag. I’m curious as to how you came to that generalized conclusion? I’m not sure many of these posters have any idea what they actually want in terms of a governing style or system. Many, if not all, appear literally stuck in a 1950s style partisan tribal feud. They simply know that if someone with a ‘R’ after their name says something then they must sign up to be against it. I’ve watched the pendulum swing wildly over the decades and honestly can’t believe how some of the classic party line positions have utterly flip flopped. 

Are any of them experts on Marx and the communist manifesto? 

Of course not.

But many of them are on record as supporting...

BLM. An organization founded by marxists. 

The Hunter Biden laptop story being censored, despite being verifiable and true, in the weeks before an election. A tactic straight from the Pravda manual.

Soros elected DAs who look to charge and punish their political opponents while not prosecuting actual dangerous criminal activity. 

Locking down American citizens and denying basic freedoms for over a year. Prior to 2020 had someone told you this would play out and asked you to guess what country it would happen in, the USA or China....

Government agencies working in concert with "private" companies to censor speech in the digital public square?

Etc...

These are all the types of things that you find in authoritarian communist regimes. So no you don't have to be an ardent Marxist soldier to be part of the problem, just a useful idiot who ignores the obvious.

10 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Are any of them experts on Marx and the communist manifesto? 

Of course not.

But many of them are on record as supporting...

BLM. An organization founded by marxists. 

The Hunter Biden laptop story being censored, despite being verifiable and true, in the weeks before an election. A tactic straight from the Pravda manual.

Soros elected DAs who look to charge and punish their political opponents while not prosecuting actual dangerous criminal activity. 

Locking down American citizens and denying basic freedoms for over a year. Prior to 2020 had someone told you this would play out and asked you to guess what country it would happen in, the USA or China....

Government agencies working in concert with "private" companies to censor speech in the digital public square?

Etc...

These are all the types of things that you find in authoritarian communist regimes. So no you don't have to be an ardent Marxist soldier to be part of the problem, just a useful idiot who ignores the obvious.

Yikes. So now I’m not sure you understand what communists are either. What you’re describing are fascists, not communists. 

20 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Yikes. So now I’m not sure you understand what communists are either. What you’re describing are fascists, not communists. 

Do the actions I described above not overlap with others in the venn diagram of various authoritarian ideologies?

1 minute ago, BillsFanNC said:

Do the actions I described above not overlap with others in the venn diagram of various authoritarian ideologies?

They do but the distinguishing characteristic of fascism is a government that squelches any form of dissenting narratives. THAT is what we have going on in the list of examples you cited…and I absolutely agree with you. That’s why I’m saying these posters wouldn’t know a communist from a clown show. What they think they’re interested in is a country with a common, government approved narrative. You know…the old “it takes a village” nonsense. The other trappings of communism are a far distant second to them. That’s if they even ever given it much thought at all. 

• 2 weeks later...