Matt Araiza

SCBills

Good for Matt.  I think the situation was such that the Bills had to cut him so that he could go and focus on defending his life.   I don't think the Bills or anyone else owe an apology.  Mat should blame himself for putting himself in such a position. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 12
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 17
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Anxiously awaiting all of you Bills podcast hosts, content creators and Twitter clout chasers who read the board to publicly apologize for what they said about this man…

I know, I know… they’ll say nothing. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Pretty sure I was flamed for even suggesting we shouldn’t judge him before the facts come out (not sure if it was on here or elsewhere). This is the sad side of “believe all women”. Hopefully he gets himself on track! 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Agree 26
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unfortunately it won't be enough for some people.  When it comes to sexual assault charges, the accused is forever guilty and any evidence to the contrary is dismissed as a lie or conspiracy.  While not the same circumstance, Amber Heard still has throngs of diehard believers despite mountains of evidence showing her to be an objectively terrible person.

• Agree 1

Unfortunately this is the America we live in

If you are even close to being under the microscope… You better leave a squeaky clean life

Because if somebody cries rape at your house you’re going to get hit with it

innocent until proven guilty in this country 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think the situation was such that the Bills had to cut him so that he could go and focus on defending his life.   I don't think the Bills or anyone else owe an apology.

The Bills did nothing wrong. I respect that Beane didn't jump on the bandwagon, I could tell that he found it difficult to let Araiza go after the Bills had run their own investigation and found nothing incriminating. But there was a black cloud hanging over the team after the allegation came out and it just isn't worth holding on to a punter with that kind of baggage. I just hope he gets his NFL career back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 13

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

Unfortunately it won't be enough for some people.  When it comes to sexual assault charges, the accused is forever guilty and any evidence to the contrary is dismissed as a lie or conspiracy.  While not the same circumstance, Amber Heard still has throngs of diehard believers despite mountains of evidence showing her to be an objectively terrible person.

He's got proof he wasn't there at the time of the alleged gang rape.  Many cases don't have that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

Pretty sure I was flamed for even suggesting we shouldn’t judge him before the facts come out (not sure if it was on here or elsewhere). This is the sad side of “believe all women”. Hopefully he gets himself on track! 

You weren't alone.  I was heavily in the "the evidence doesn't add up" camp.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

The Bills did nothing wrong. I respect that Beane didn't jump on the bandwagon, I could tell that he found it difficult to let Araiza go after the Bills had run their own investigation and found nothing incriminating. But there was a black cloud hanging over the team after the allegation came out and it just isn't worth holding on to a punter with that kind of baggage. I just hope he gets his NFL career back.

Yea, I don’t fault Beane at all.  The public pressure (and likely internal NFL pressure) was too much.  

You could tell Beane felt torn up inside to have to let Arazia go. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

I heard more than a few people saying that he should sue the Bills/NFL.  He's got no case against them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.