Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Most people never even heard of Pegula before he was a name attatched to buying either team. 

That stands to reason but that doesn’t mean he didn’t have an affection for Buffalo, the Bills, Sabres, and WNY before buying either team. He just doesn’t fit the profile of someone who doesn’t care about this community. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That stands to reason but that doesn’t mean he didn’t have an affection for Buffalo, the Bills, Sabres, and WNY before buying either team. He just doesn’t fit the profile of someone who doesn’t care about this community. 

Well he is the one pricing many out of their long time season tickets.  PSL's are not needed, its money that goes right back into his pocket. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Well. I’ve never seen proof that he was a die hard fan of either team. Not have I ever seen proof that he was a ticket holder of each. And of course most people only found out about his “love for the team” only came out as he purchased them. Same with his “care about the community” the guy literally owned almost nothing in the area. Then as soon as he bought the Sabres he started building his empire in downtown Buffalo. Look for him to monopolize some new hotels, restaurants, and bars in OP after the new stadium is built. He doesn’t care about the area. He cares about money in his pocket. He’s no different from any other greedy owner

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Well he is the one pricing many out of their long time season tickets.  PSL's are not needed, its money that goes right back into his pocket. 

This 

20 minutes ago, mrags said:

Most people never even heard of Pegula before he was a name attached to buying either team. 

I did not even know how to pronounce his name, had a fellow STH correct me the first time I said it. 

Just now, Just Jack said:

I did not even know how to pronounce his name, had a fellow STH correct me the first time I said it. 

I consider you to be a fairly intelligent and knowledgeable person when it comes to the Bills. And hearing you say this rings true to what I believe just about every other person in the area was thinking at the time…… who the hell is that? They probably don’t even have the money to buy the team. Another Mark Hamister situation. 

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

I consider you to be a fairly intelligent and knowledgeable person when it comes to the Bills. And hearing you say this rings true to what I believe just about every other person in the area was thinking at the time…… who the hell is that? They probably don’t even have the money to buy the team. Another Mark Hamister situation. 

He certainly was not a part of the Buffalo community before he bought the sabres

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

He certainly was not a part of the Buffalo community before he bought the sabers

Thank you. Another person confirming this. I was just pointing out that he all the sudden cared about the community when it meant money in his pockets. Like I said, etch it in stone. You will see many new business pop up near/around the stadium with Pegula’s name on them. In theory, after collecting free money from tax payers to build his stadium, charging them absurd PSL fees, incredibly increased ticket prices, and then he’s going to get a 4th small fortune by overcharging hotel rooms and dining expenses from stupid bills fans that travel far and wide to overpay for his watered down Bills experience. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Thank you. Another person confirming this. I was just pointing out that he all the sudden cared about the community when it meant money in his pockets. Like I said, etch it in stone. You will see many new business pop up near/around the stadium with Pegula’s name on them. In theory, after collecting free money from tax payers to build his stadium, charging them absurd PSL fees, incredibly increased ticket prices, and then he’s going to get a 4th small fortune by overcharging hotel rooms and dining expenses from stupid bills fans that travel far and wide to overpay for his watered down Bills experience. 

I like the direction the experience for the stadium is heading. I'm glad the college atmosphere is going away. I welcome the hotels, bars and restaurants. Those are things that my family likes to do before games. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I like the direction the experience for the stadium is heading. I'm glad the college atmosphere is going away. I welcome the hotels, bars and restaurants. Those are things that my family likes to do before games. 

I never said it was a bad thing. I only said that Pegula will be lining his pockets even more with the way things are headed. He spent care about the town. He doesn’t live here. He lives in Florida and his yatch. He comes here for Bills games once a week and that’s it. I’m sure he’ll have some incredible owners suite with full apt and a helo pad somewhere in the new stadium. 

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Well. I’ve never seen proof that he was a die hard fan of either team. Not have I ever seen proof that he was a ticket holder of each. And of course most people only found out about his “love for the team” only came out as he purchased them. Same with his “care about the community” the guy literally owned almost nothing in the area. Then as soon as he bought the Sabres he started building his empire in downtown Buffalo. Look for him to monopolize some new hotels, restaurants, and bars in OP after the new stadium is built. He doesn’t care about the area. He cares about money in his pocket. He’s no different from any other greedy owner

This 

Sorry I don’t have the receipts for his season tickets to offer as proof. However, there were several articles at the time of his purchases that referenced his season tickets ownership. 

As for the rest of it, I have no particular affection for the guy, either. 

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He certainly was not a part of the Buffalo community before he bought the sabres

Perhaps not Buffalo proper, but living in Olean certainly qualifies as being part of the WNY community. As I’ve said, he was a longtime Sabres fan and season ticket holder long before he became a billionaire. 

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/columnists/remember-when-pegula-was-a-local-hockey-coach/article_b369f874-d847-11e5-b387-67e32cba2312.html

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

that's because you're clearly a communist that hates fun

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

that's because you're clearly a communist that hates fun

:lol:

Communist? Kind of the other way around. He wants the riff-raff priced out of an oak-lined hotel bar next to the stadium where he can sip single malt while smoking an illegal Cuban. I'll take my Blue Light in a parking lot, thank you very much.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Another poster who works in pro sports mentioned that even though the Bills are winning, they are known for being poorly or mediocrely run in pro sports business circles.

I missed this post. Who said this?

49 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm glad the college atmosphere is going away. I welcome the hotels, bars and restaurants. 

Hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to get hotels, bars and restaurants. No permits pulled for any of these.

Unless you mean the nachos you'll get at the bars inside the stadium.

Unfortunately, your family past time of eating food and laying down in bed will have to take place elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Perhaps not Buffalo proper, but living in Olean certainly qualifies as being part of the WNY community. As I’ve said, he was a longtime Sabres fan and season ticket holder long before he became a billionaire. 

https://www.oleantimesherald.com/sports/columnists/remember-when-pegula-was-a-local-hockey-coach/article_b369f874-d847-11e5-b387-67e32cba2312.html

The point of it was that he was literally non existent in Buffalo, business venture wise. Until he started buying teams here. Then all the sudden restaurants. Bars. Breweries. Hotels. Real estate. Etc. He was nobody in the area until owning the teams. All he’s doing is maximizing his profits. Gotta put gas in the yatch after all. 

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to get hotels, bars and restaurants. No permits pulled for any of these.

Unfortunately, your family past time of eating food and laying down in bed will have to take place elsewhere.

Put money on it there will be new businesses, restaurants, bars, and likely a hotel or 2 will pop up near/around the stadium. And they won’t be dumps like the Prospector, Kettles  and motel 6

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Put money on it there will be new businesses, restaurants, bars, and likely a hotel or 2 will pop up near/around the stadium. And they won’t be dumps like the Prospector, Kettles  and motel 6

There will be new business in general. There has been new businesses in Orchard Park every year for the past three decades.

However, no large hotel chain or business is building in OP because of 8 days of crowds per year. 

11 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Wow. I get it, you and most others hate that you're getting priced out. I'm happy cause Buffalo is finally moving out of the blue collar era. Even Cleveland has upgraded. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Wow. I get it, you and most others hate that you're getting priced out. I'm happy cause Buffalo is finally moving out of the blue collar era. Even Cleveland has upgraded. 

I'm not sure what you mean. I don't own seasons anymore and am not interested in them. You stated that you are looking forward to hotels and restaurants and bars and I was letting you know that there is nothing that hints at this happening. No large chain will build based off 8 days of business a year. Not sure why even a local restaurant would build there for 8 days of business. It makes no fiscal sense, which probably explains why we see no permits being pulled around the stadium for any of these. 

Ps, the Cleveland Browns stadium is still very blue collar and tailgates similarly to Buffalo.

ghows-OH-200829387-860812fd.jpg?width=19

• Thank you (+1) 1