RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Everyone, and I mean everyone, went into this draft saying Josh needed more playmakers to keep pace with the Chiefs, Bengals, etc.  So they draft one and what do we now hear?  Negativity.  This place is hysterical sometimes.

We get the playmaker then it defaults to "but but but .... Dorsey won't use him properly!"  It actually is comical

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Some of the same people in this thread who knocked Mike Gesicki for being a big WR and not much of a blocker are praising Kincaid for being the same. Funny what a Bills jersey will do for the perception of a player. 

If you told me yesterday morning that we had signed Mike Gesicki at a rookie level deal I might have orgasmed on the spot. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep they are trying to create a mismatch situation and Mayer doesn't do that. It seems like they have a specific strategy for this. 

The league clearly disagrees. It seems like Dallas would have taken Kincaid if the Bills didn't and Mayer is still on the board. 

The league also clearly disagreed on Brady for 6 rounds. Also clearly disagreed on AJ Brown, etc etc. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yep they are trying to create a mismatch situation and Mayer doesn't do that. It seems like they have a specific strategy for this. 

The league clearly disagrees. It seems like Dallas would have taken Kincaid if the Bills didn't and Mayer is still on the board. 

Beane specifically talked about this.  He was saying in a traditional 12, we'd usually be met with a team's base D.  With Kincaid on the field with Knox, that's almost going to force the D to play nickel.

When you are able to force a D to play a certain way, that more often than not creates mismatches either against the pass or against the run.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If you told me yesterday morning that we had signed Mike Gesicki at a rookie level deal I might have orgasmed on the spot. 

MG gashed the Bills apart on a regular basis. I’m very excited we have potentially a better version of him. This is better than all WR other than maybe one from this draft. 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

The league also clearly disagreed on Brady for 6 rounds. Also clearly disagreed on AJ Brown, etc etc. 

So now you're contradicting yourself.

You're saying there's no way of knowing what a player might turn into, yet here you are acting like you have Kincaid all figured out and he's a bust before ever playing a down.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

absolutely love the pick

TE is the most under rated position in the game

Top 4 TE's

#1- Kelse SB Winner

#2- Kittle  Conf Champion....derailed by QB injury

#3- Andrews probably beats cincy if lamar healthy

#4- Goedert  SB finalist

In Philly the last few years they absolutely get Dallas Goddard in the mix while still having AJ Brown and DaVonte Smith on the outside. During their super bowl run Zach Ertz was one of their top 3 pass catchers and people were creaming themselves on this board for an older version of him about a year ago. That's the comparison NFL.com has on Kincaid

15 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I never said he wasn’t.

But for us not to question him and just blindly agree with everything he does would be foolish.

Wouldn’t you agree?

Fair enough. I got the feeling from your post, you felt he wasn't. IMO, Beane is one of the top GM's in the league and I was just pointing out how every GM has hits and misses. Even KC with the Clyde Edwards-Helaire pick. He was a 1st round pick and was replaced by a 7th round pick. KC got a lot of credit here for the Pacheco pick, forgetting(conveniently) that he replaced a huge miss by KC with their Clyde pick in the 1st round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

So now you're contradicting yourself.

You're saying there's no way of knowing what a player might turn into, yet here you are acting like you have Kincaid all figured out and he's a bust before ever playing a down.

I didn’t say he was a bust, I said he’s a Gesicki. 

• Disagree 1

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Do every GM with your same negative attitude and see how they hold up. You might find 2 maybe 3 that has done better. But you dont want that perspective, you wouldnt be able to complain.

Fine, maybe I am too negative. But his overall draft record is not good. 

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I will cut Beane a lot of slack if there is more to this plan. Kincaid makes a million times more sense if we end up landing Hopkins. 

Diggs

Hopkins

Kincaid 

That grouping would make so much more sense rather than a

Diggs 

Davis 

Kincaid 

Why are you leaving Knox off this list?  

I didn’t say he was a bust, I said he’s a Gesicki. 

OK, and?

Edited by Billz4ever

I will cut Beane a lot of slack if there is more to this plan. Kincaid makes a million times more sense if we end up landing Hopkins. 

Diggs

Hopkins

Kincaid 

That grouping would make so much more sense rather than a

Diggs 

Davis 

Kincaid 

DHop yes better than Davis but it’s not happening. Adding Kincaid frees up Diggs who demands 10 targets per game. DHop impacts that along w a massive cap hit. BB has determined the deal can’t get done. 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I get that, but right now the league thinks Kincaid is better. Who knows what they turn into. 

Well let's put it this way...if he was as smart as he thinks he is, he'd have been in a team's war room last night making picks instead of complaining about who the Bills took on TBD.  🤣

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I always fear there’s too much buy in to the “character” type guy. Kincaid appears to be an A+ human being. Hope he’s an A NFL football player. 

Well he’s rated a top 10 player in this draft. He’s a player that changes D strategy. He happens apparently to be a good kid. The Eagles took him off their board according to insiders 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.