Bradley Chubb wants to be more of a leader....

TBBills Fan

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/bradley-chubb-wants-to-be-more-of-a-leader-and-a-tone-setter-in-his-first-full-season-in-miami/

“I was up and down with it,” Chubb said Tuesday, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “Coming in grasping a whole new defense, a whole new set of teammates. I felt like I did OK, you know what I mean? For sure I hold myself to a higher standard. I wanted to come in and be that guy that that got 10 sacks in half a season.”

Chubb, 26, has five years, $110 million left on his contract, so the Dolphins are counting on him being more of an impact player this season and beyond. Chubb is expecting that, too, saying, “They brought me here for a reason, and I’ve just got to make sure I live up to that reason.”

“Just to be more of a more of a leader, more of a tone-setter,” Chubb said of his goal. “How can I lead when I don’t know everybody around me? I tried to learn names. I tried to do this, but it just wasn’t clicking for me. Yeah, I mean, and that’s no excuse, but it’s just like, there’s just the reality of it. You know, so my main thing is, is being the person that they that they drafted, that Denver drafted, and Miami was decided, OK, yeah, we need that guy on our team.

this last paragraph just made me laugh... glad the phins gave up a first and have a ton of money committed to him.  Seems like a natural leader of men, most definitely

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Chubb needs a chat with Yoda…., “there is do or not do, there is no try”

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Somebody give Chubb a Dolphins roster with all the names and numbers.  Help a fella out for crying out loud! 😂

Not to mention guys tend to stand in front of lockers with their names on 'em

Unless the Dolphins took those nameplates down to maintain building security LOL

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not to mention guys tend to stand in front of lockers with their names on 'em

Unless the Dolphins took those nameplates down to maintain building security LOL

Belichick had the name tags all moved around. No stone left unturned! If you’re not cheatin’, you’re not trying! A rare thanks, Bill! 

4 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/04/25/bradley-chubb-wants-to-be-more-of-a-leader-and-a-tone-setter-in-his-first-full-season-in-miami/

“I was up and down with it,” Chubb said Tuesday, via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. “Coming in grasping a whole new defense, a whole new set of teammates. I felt like I did OK, you know what I mean? For sure I hold myself to a higher standard. I wanted to come in and be that guy that that got 10 sacks in half a season.”

Chubb, 26, has five years, $110 million left on his contract, so the Dolphins are counting on him being more of an impact player this season and beyond. Chubb is expecting that, too, saying, “They brought me here for a reason, and I’ve just got to make sure I live up to that reason.”

“Just to be more of a more of a leader, more of a tone-setter,” Chubb said of his goal. “How can I lead when I don’t know everybody around me? I tried to learn names. I tried to do this, but it just wasn’t clicking for me. Yeah, I mean, and that’s no excuse, but it’s just like, there’s just the reality of it. You know, so my main thing is, is being the person that they that they drafted, that Denver drafted, and Miami was decided, OK, yeah, we need that guy on our team.

this last paragraph just made me laugh... glad the phins gave up a first and have a ton of money committed to him.  Seems like a natural leader of men, most definitely

He good.  Not as good as his contract

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Seems like an honest and fair quote to me. He came in halfway through the season and didn't know anyone. How is that either surprising or problematic? 

38 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Seems like an honest and fair quote to me. He came in halfway through the season and didn't know anyone. How is that either surprising or problematic? 

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/players-roster/

It took me 10 seconds to get a roster list with names and pictures......

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.