Crime vs racism

57 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Read my posts ITT. Engage the data.  

Victimization surveys reflect similar ratios as incarceration data. They are data from victims of crimes regardless of the outcome of the criminal justice system in regard to the crime.

"Racism" is your all-purpose, faith-based rationalization for every interesting disparity in race-based data in America. And again, your "racism" boogeyman seems to not affect black women nearly as much as it does black men in regards to criminality. That seems odd since they're both black. 

It also skips over the fact that Hispanics as a group have actually decreased their arrest and incarceration rates in recent years. But that's an unwelcome distraction for those who make a living peddling the sacrament of "anti-racism."

Read it again. 2600 offenders were black when the victim was black. Need to add 514 (white victim), 39 (victim of other race), and 24 (victim of unknown race) to that number.

Geez... my brain isn't working today. Thanks goodness it's Friday. I need a weekend of rest (I won't get any, I know my girl already has 100 projects planned). 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

When we were home for Easter we went to the Dyngus Day parade on the East Side near the Central Terminal.

What a bombed out - absolutely horrific site to see.

And the pro tailgating nut jobs tell us there is no space or economic development potential w a $1.4 billion stadium in that area?

smfh

Small world lol, some friends and I were at Arty’s for Dyngus Day. 

East Side is case in point - wealthier people left through the 1970s as major firms like Buffalo Forge Co. closed. Black Americans moved in and got trapped. 

Plus, there were very real racial issues. A huge topic was bussing for Blacks from schools like Buffalo East to Hutch Tech, which was blocked. Instead they were forced to stay at the worse Emerson Vocational. 

39 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Putting on my urban planner hat. 

The inner cities are the way they are because of the valorization of suburban single family homes, which were seen as appreciating assets. 

Wealthy people, predominantly white although not all of them, left cities for suburbs. This obliterated tax bases in cities and forced deep cuts to services. Businesses followed.

Black Americans migrated to cities after WWII seeking better jobs up north, usually in factories where they could get a job without much education. Problem is, most of those dried up as firms went out of business or moved. 

So, you ended up with poorly educated people stuck in underdeveloped neighborhoods with no real route out. That’s not a “Democrat vs Republican” issue, it’s an investment issue. Getting either side to invest into good housing and education systems has been tough, because they’re not policies with immediate payback and political clout like boosting police are. 

this makes sense, what’s forcing anyone to stay in these deteriorating cities?

It’s not cheap to live there and if you move far enough outside it is going to be less expensive. 

This seems like a decision making process problem. 

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

i haven't seen anything like what the op stated.  it's incumbent on him.  interesting that the meme posted also has the source obscured

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

and has yet to produce a reference...

6 hours ago, Precision said:

I don't believe his numbers, but you are the one that called them into doubt.  If you are saying the numbers are wrong, it is incumbent on you to prove they are incorrect.  He already provided his data.

he has one post in the thread that I see.  no reference despite the first reply asking for one.

except homicide and "violent crime" are not synonymous.  the numbers I linked are a closer approximation to that measure and are not even close. 

homocide again...and i am arguing with the op he's just not answering.

Sorry- high level meeting with Dunkirk Don…

back now… Well now that the data is there and several sources substantiate the magnitude if not exact numbers. please, someone tell me Why in a systemically racist country, is the violence proportionality counter to the directionality of the alleged racism? 

Surely somebody here is woke enough to woke’splain this ‘outcome’ 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Not sure facts and data work on emotionally driven people.  

It’s why they keep shifting goal posts on racism, Gay rights, and now since science is against them they want change what science means. 

it really is pointless. theres not going to be a great awakening of the woke. dont address it directly and it doesnt exist. force them to look and blame someone/thing else.

nigerians are "black". are in a worse position economically comming in the country including language barrier. very successful with same skin tone.

how many other identity groups are successful and nonviolent but not "white". alot.

problems cannot be addressed when they are given a baked in excuse to exist and ignored. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

this makes sense, what’s forcing anyone to stay in these deteriorating cities?

It’s not cheap to live there and if you move far enough outside it is going to be less expensive. 

This seems like a decision making process problem. 

Oh no, the inner cities’ property values are still half of other neighborhoods. You can get a beater 2 1/2 story home in Kensington/Bailey in Buffalo for like 90k. 

People also are tied to an area where they have roots, as bad as they are. I admit I didn’t take many sociology classes for my masters, but that was one concept we explored. 

4 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

it really is pointless. theres not going to be a great awakening of the woke. dont address it directly and it doesnt exist. force them to look and blame someone/thing else.

nigerians are "black". are in a worse position economically comming in the country including language barrier. very successful with same skin tone.

how many other identity groups are successful and nonviolent but not "white". alot.

problems cannot be addressed when they are given a baked in excuse to exist and ignored. 

You can scroll through the thread and watch the deconstruction of the narrative.  I Deliberately didn’t post any links to see where it went. 

All the rank and file libs come out of the woodwork saying no data?, no link can’t be all lies blah blah. Nobody can question what the sheep masters say… 

leviF Biltz others eviscerate them with data substantiating the counter narrative statistics. 

The libs go silent because their playbook has no answer.  The slim hope is at some point they start to question some of their programming or at least try to offer some explanation.

it’s an uncomfortable topic, but as you point out, until the real problem becomes know it can never be solved. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

46 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Small world lol, some friends and I were at Arty’s for Dyngus Day. 

East Side is case in point - wealthier people left through the 1970s as major firms like Buffalo Forge Co. closed. Black Americans moved in and got trapped. 

Plus, there were very real racial issues. A huge topic was bussing for Blacks from schools like Buffalo East to Hutch Tech, which was blocked. Instead they were forced to stay at the worse Emerson Vocational. 

We walked passed Arty’s but found ourselves sitting outside another bar a block away. 

I literally looked out at block full of grass and not one home and thought - imagine tailgating here and then walking into the stadium.

Such a missed opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

All the rank and file libs come out of the woodwork saying no data?, no link can’t be all lies blah blah. Nobody can question what the sheep masters say… 

1f3.png

• Haha (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

and dont get me started with making it "cool" to be racist that whole thing that has started since 2016...

There's definitely some racist toxicity and indoctrination going on there with the younger edgelord types, but a lot of people I know are just frankly frustrated and exhausted by being called bigots or white supremacists for making the smallest argument that isn't in line with the current Woke dogma.  If people aren't willing to engage you in an actual good faith discussion and immediately reduce any disagreement to racism, what are you to do?  Some get defensive and try to prove their non-racist bonafides, while others lash out back at their accusers.  An increasing number of folks just say "F it".  If that (a WS) is what I am to you, then I'm just going to wear it.  By labeling anyone who disagrees with you a racist (or Uncle Tom), you're devaluing the word and risk making it meaningless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

This is the key point.  It is a religion.  There is no point in really engaging it at this point.  You're no more likely to shake a Woke cult member off their beliefs than you are to convert a devout evangelical to atheism.  It ain't happening.  If a Wokeperson ever wakes up, they'll have to arrive at it organically through their lived experience (which is harder these days as people increasing live online or in the safe space of their "community").  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

well I’m sorry but if you supported the guy who got literally into politics based on the racist trope that our black president couldn’t be an American then I don’t really have sympathy when others call you racist as well 

that was old school racism 101 from trump

I am sorry that you think it is racist to ask why Obamas publicist stated he was born in Africa in 1991. A reasonable media would have asked the question instead of making it "racist" for asking Obama to clarify.     https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/OTUS/born-kenya-obamas-literary-agent-misidentified-birthplace-1991/story%3fid=16372566

What is amazing to me is that you accepted everything that Obama said without hesitation and never asked him to prove anything despite knowing that he and his mom spent many years overseas. BTW I believe the publicist put the wrong information on their intentionally because to liberals an exotic foreigner is more exciting that a stodgy Irishman.

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

We walked passed Arty’s but found ourselves sitting outside another bar a block away. 

I literally looked out at block full of grass and not one home and thought - imagine tailgating here and then walking into the stadium.

Fill me in…what is/was Arty’s? I don’t know that I remember it.  A restaurant? Near the Rockpile? 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

Do you actually think a football stadium footprint in within any of those blocks near Broadway market? Between the stadium and minimal parking lot, and any other practice facilities they have to build there it would have to be a lot of homes razed, and only a bigot would not worry about the black families hurt by your idea.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Yep a bunch of California hippie haters wanting to kill Jews and a heroic Florida cop. Explains why you need to go to Australia for that story… doesn’t  msm narrative. Thx for posting 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn’t accept everything the Obama’s say, at all.

I’m just not outwardly racist so I don’t question his citizenship just because he is black. (Like trump and his fanbois that hump him do)

It is racist to believe his own publicist? Interesting line of thought. 

• Thank you (+1) 2