#27 Jahmyr Gibbs

balln

Yes! What we need most is more RBs, we can get one in every round, it will be great, between the Special teamers and RBs we will be set for years…, 

(some sarcasm included) 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s not that he’s the same type of back, but possibly better than cook maybe he is

It’s that we have that skill set on our team now with cooki we just spent a second round pick on him and frankly he’s been doing pretty damn well

There were almost surely be a better player that fits what we’re trying to do on the draft board

• Like (+1) 2

Well actually Jahmyr was not the fastest RB in this class if one trusts the Combine results. Devon Achane was. And they were both quite a ways from Chris Johnson's 4.22.

Gibbs may well turn out to be a great back but it looks to me that Beane has started to address the position with the drafting of Cook, the trade for Hines and the signing of Harris. I don't think he's done but I don't believe his next move will be to spend a high draft pick on a RB when there are other needs and opportunities for improving the offense, including the run game itself with a better o-line. 
I get the impression that many commenters don't really know or closely follow the Bills. They've probably been hearing all year that the Bills need a more balanced attack so they say hey just draft Jahmyr. 

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

Rarely do I disagree with you River.. But there is no comparing this kids accomplishments in college to what and who cook is. 

He may end up being a better back then cook I’m not disputing that

What I am saying is given how much the resource is going to be used given what we have done in the off-season, and given the fact that we know that our o line has to improve It’s not a smart allocation of resource.

We need to start drafting o linemen with these premium pics and start taking it seriously

• Agree 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

He may end up being a better back then cook I’m not disputing that

What I am saying is given how much the resource is going to be used given what we have done in the off-season, and given the fact that we know that our o line has to improve It’s not a smart allocation of resource.

We need to start drafting o linemen with these premium pics and start taking it seriously

With the state of our WR's we have right now? It would not shock me if we ran more this year.. RB.. not QB runs. Keep in mind... this kid is no where close to what I want round 1... but if we landed him? I would not be upset. The HC has been very clear about wanting to protect the QB this year and how we go about doing it.. QB Slides and more RB runs. 

I would rather have T, WR well over a RB. 

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I'll barf if we take a RB in round 1, especially if it isn't even the best RB.

Yes, Bijan is the only RB I'd take at 27.  I still don't trust this organization attempting to expand the run game to take pressure off 17.  The WR room will need expanding immediately.  So if Bijan is not there,  stick to the plan and pick the best WR or OT available. And who knows, maybe there's an UDFA RB who shines and can supplement Cook/Harris.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Keep an eye at 18. If Bijan is still on the board, I see the Bills moving up and getting him with an Ed Oliver trade and swapping 1st rd picks. Getting Detroit's late 2nd/early 3rd for Ed. 

Trading up for a RB in round 1 would be ridiculous. Let's cross our fingers that doesn't happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Keep an eye at 18. If Bijan is still on the board, I see the Bills moving up and getting him with an Ed Oliver trade and swapping 1st rd picks. Getting Detroit's late 2nd/early 3rd for Ed. 

You think we’d give them Ed and 27 and get back 18 AND a 2nd or 3rd rd pick??  Cmon man.  You need to chill with the wake and bake

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.