A Not So Trivia Trivia Question

RevWarRifleman

20 minutes ago, RevWarRifleman said:

The other day, something reminded me of that old Lou Saban half time speech that NFL Films used to showed:  "You can get it done. You can

get it done. What's worse, you GOTTA get it done!!!

What team were the Bills playing and, did the Bills  "get it done" and win that game?

Something made me think it was Miami, and the answer is no. But I could totally be making that up.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Nov 17 1974, 35-28 loss to the Dolphins in Miami 

Q1q

I was right!! Wow.

Saban was beside himself about allowing the Fins to drive for a TD in 56 seconds...can't imagine how he'd feel about 13 seconds...

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, RevWarRifleman said:

The other day, something reminded me of that old Lou Saban half time speech that NFL Films used to showed:  "You can get it done. You can

get it done. What's worse, you GOTTA get it done!!!

What team were the Bills playing and, did the Bills  "get it done" and win that game?

Miami

16 hours ago, Rubes said:

I was right!! Wow.

Saban was beside himself about allowing the Fins to drive for a TD in 56 seconds...can't imagine how he'd feel about 13 seconds...

That game was on Pluto TV NFL channel last night.

For those that do not know - Pluto is a free streaming service that's amazing. But they have a channel that plays NfL games of the past. I've seen games from the 60s and 70s on up to last year's Superbowl and playoffs. Random games all the time and fun. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Rubes said:

I was right!! Wow.

Yup, basically the Chiefs are this era's Fins for us. I don't think McDermott takes loses as hard as Lou did. And as usual the defense crumbles in the end.

• Sad 1

Ahhh, the good 'ole days where the coach could be animated on the sideline and say or do what he wanted. No fear that every conversation and gesture would be replayed 150 times and scrutinized on the dozens of sports shows all week long.  Just 7-8 minutes sports segment on the 11 o'clock news.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.