TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

Just an FYI Chad Reuter just posted his mock on NFL.com....

Traded up to 20 for Edge Defender Nolan Smith....   I've seen numerous mocks with the Bills selecting DE.  Are all of us missing something or.....

I drafted Nolan Smith at 36 for the Bucs.

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

With the 48th pick in the 2023 TSW NFL Mock draft, the Detroit Lions select Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB, UCLA.

Jared Goff earned another year as our starter, but we’re ready to add a young QB to the mix (Nate Sudfield ain’t it)…DTR has NFL traits and was a five-year starter at UCLA…we had him ranked just below Stroud and Young.

@GunnerBill and the Stillers are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

With the 49th pick of Virgil's 2023 Mock Draft, the Pittsbugh Steelers select:

Emmanuel Forbes, Cornerback, Mississippi State

I actually can't believe he is still here. He is STICKING out by my board. The Steelers do need an upgrade on Levi Wallace at corner, but even if they didn't this is such a clear BPA by my board that I couldn't have passed him up.

I think he will sneak into the backend of the 1st round on draft night. 14 interceptions in his college career, 6 returned for touchdowns. He still needs to fill out into his frame a little, but he plays aggressive for his size and his length and ball skills are high end. I have now selected three of the top 20 players on my board and addressed three of the Steelers' real positions of need.

@NewEra and the LA Rams are now on the clock.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually can't believe he is still here. He is STICKING out by my board. The Steelers do need an upgrade on Levi Wallace at corner, but even if they didn't this is such a clear BPA by my board that I couldn't have passed him up.

I think he will sneak into the backend of the 1st round on draft night. 14 interceptions in his college career, 6 returned for touchdowns. He still needs to fill out into his frame a little, but he plays aggressive for his size and his length and ball skills are high end. I have now selected three of the top 20 players on my board and addressed three of the Steelers' real positions of need.

You couldn't have at least picked an NFC team?

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is one skinny dude.😆

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Dam you!!  I was going to trade up for him but was too lazy.  should’ve known you’d take him.  

with the 50th pick, the LA Rams select, OT Cody Mauch, North Dakota St.  

Offensive line play was the reason we went from champs to chumps.  We need help everywhere along the OL and are happy to get a versatile beast in Mauch.  We’ll start him at tackle and see how he does.  We think, at worst, he’ll be a very good guard. 

@TBBills Fan and the fish stank are on the clock.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Just an FYI Chad Reuter just posted his mock on NFL.com....

Traded up to 20 for Edge Defender Nolan Smith....   I've seen numerous mocks with the Bills selecting DE.  Are all of us missing something or.....

I drafted Nolan Smith at 36 for the Bucs.

A couple of us have been saying this for awhile. A few are still holding out hope that they will draft a RT or guard which has never been their MO. It’s going to be WR or a defensive player imo. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am drinking Bira Moretti right now. Bit of a bank holiday pub crawl with the other half. 

@Virgil - Doc must be close to his 4 hours, right?

You get generous when you drink...let's hang out:wub:

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dam you!!  I was going to trade up for him but was too lazy.  should’ve known you’d take him.  

with the 50th pick, the LA Rams select, OT Cody Mauch, North Dakota St.  

Offensive line play was the reason we went from champs to chumps.  We need help everywhere along the OL and are happy to get a versatile beast in Mauch.  We’ll start him at tackle and see how he does.  We think, at worst, he’ll be a very good guard. 

@TBBills Fan and the fish stank are on the clock.  

Nooooooooooooo...I want all mullet or beuatiful hair on my line:wub:

• Haha (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like him. There was some McDermott connection at Missisppi state too I believe. I know we have corners, but if he somehow dropped to us in the 2nd I’d pick him up. I think all these corners go in the first round. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
Sn*tch
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Yantha said:

9 picks to go.

My top 9:

2 DTs 

1 OT (Dawand Jones)

1 LB (Daiyan Henley)

1 OC (Luke Wypler)

Reaches:  3 Safety prospects, or DT Saiki Ika (the big dude)

It’s definitely looking like we should trade up in rd 2.  Maybe some of these OL fall…. But I really don’t think they will.  It’s really such a weak class, seems like everyone needs OL help, inside and tackles.  There’s just a real shortage of good OL play and there look to be some solid prospects.  I think the OL we hope slip to us in rd 2 are gonna be gone- same for MLB-  same for WR……

We’re definitely going to draft DL and DB with our first 2 picks 🤣 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

With such a good draft and GM you should be able to trade the 49ers or Bills TJ watt:wub:

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s definitely looking like we should trade up in rd 2.  Maybe some of these OL fall…. But I really don’t think they will.  It’s really such a weak class, seems like everyone needs OL help, inside and tackles.  There’s just a real shortage of good OL play and there look to be some solid prospects.  I think the OL we hope slip to us in rd 2 are gonna be gone- same for MLB-  same for WR……

Better be Campbell and Sanders then if we're going D

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sadly, the draft seems to be deepest in positions we don't need...  lol.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Dolphins (TBBills Fan) are on the clock

Main page updated.  Nice run of picks in under an hour.

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This is why I think it's possible we trade up in Round 1 for an OT.  Then, hope they get one of the top 3 MLB's in round 2.  I just hate giving up the draft capitol.  

My real nightmare?  Knowing that Oliver might not get re-signed, Von is going into year 2 of essentially a 3 year deal, and everyone else being a FA besides Groot after next year.  We are going to be heading right back to wasting all of our picks on defensive line again because Beane can't seem to draft any winners at those positions.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Trade up in the first including a smart package with Ed Oliver.  Select OT.  

then package our 2d and 3rd and a 2024 pick to move up for jack Campbell.

I could get on board with that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Sadly, the draft seems to be deepest in positions we don't need...  lol.

Personally, I think the talk of a trade up rumors would be more in play for an offensive playmaker than any other position.  I think we can stay put at 27 and find some nice OL help, or maybe even trade down a tad too depending on who is left on the board of course.  

For example, if we stay put at 27, then with our emphasis on throwing the ball, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills select Anton Harrison at 27, assuming he is still on the board.  He has not been reported as a pre-draft visit, but also I am not so sure that matters.  

Interesting tid bit:  I went back each year and looked at the last updated NFL pre-draft visit tracker for the Bills, and the last time the Bills first pick came from someone on their known pre-draft visits was Ed Oliver in 2019.  At least on the lists I found leading up to the draft.  In 2020, it doesn't list AJE, in 2021 it doesn't list Groot or even Basham, and in 2022 it doesn't list Elam.  

If we do trade up, then I think its more likely for a playmaker like Bijan or whatever WR they covet.  I think the first 2 days of the draft are thinner at offensive playmakers than offensive line prospects.   

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Main page updated.  Nice run of picks in under an hour.

This is why I think it's possible we trade up in Round 1 for an OT.  Then, hope they get one of the top 3 MLB's in round 2.  I just hate giving up the draft capitol.  

My real nightmare?  Knowing that Oliver might not get re-signed, Von is going into year 2 of essentially a 3 year deal, and everyone else being a FA besides Groot after next year.  We are going to be heading right back to wasting all of our picks on defensive line again because Beane can't seem to draft any winners at those positions.

Trading up twice will leave us 2 nothing but those 2.  Trading away a pick next year is possible I suppose, but Beane hasn’t done that to date iirc.  But maybe.  If he’s eager to fill these holes with the best quality players. 

I think it’s more likely that we trade down and trade up but not sure in which order. But please…. No corners in rd 1 unless it’s Witherspoon or Gonzalez.  I could see McD falling in love with Branch though too

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I could get on board with that.  

6 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Trade up in the first including a smart package with Ed Oliver.  Select OT.  

then package our 2d and 3rd and a 2024 pick to move up for jack Campbell.

That would be great

Edited by NewEra

With the 51st selection, The Miami Dolphins select Luke Musgrave TE, Oregon State

Reason: Trading down for more picks is an options, and if his medical checks out he can be another weapon to add to help out Tua at a position of need.  With the weapons on hand, the phins can be patient here, but again the unknown medical issues are the big IF...in my dream scenario the phins are fine with the pick

The Seahawks @section122l is on the clock

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.