NFL draft rumors 2023

HappyDays

37 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Giants fan buddy of mine said the G-Men love Mingo.  

And strongly believes if Addison or Flowers were there in RD 1 they’d pass on them.  

Mingo isn’t going to be there in RD 2.  

If Mingo goes round 1 let's shut the NFL down and play tiddlywinks or something instead. 

What I am hearing from well connected people who follow the Giants is corner, not receiver is likely to the their pick tonight depending on how the board falls. 

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Luke Tenuta was such a weird pick. Nobody I knew or had spoken to thought he was going to get drafted. And he wasn't their type at all. Something tells me it was an Austin Proehl moment. Who do McBeane know in the Tenuta family?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If they drafted a RB we’d hate it until the first game and he gets 12-15 touches for 100+ total yards and a TD.

RB is the easiest position to find but it’s also the easiest position to impact immediately.

Why would a rookie get 12-15 touches/game in this offense, on a roster that already has 3 RBs?  One of which was just signed this offseason, another a second round pick a year ago, and a third being a guy they re-signed for 2 yrs/$9M.

If one guy is getting 12-15 touches a game, that means the others aren't getting much of anything.

That's why a single feature back makes no sense in this offense, so drafting another one high in the draft makes even less sense.

Edited by Billz4ever

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If Mingo goes round 1 let's shut the NFL down and play tiddlywinks or something instead. 

What I am hearing from well connected people who follow the Giants is corner, not receiver is likely to the their pick tonight depending on how the board falls. 

No I’m not saying they’d take him RD 1 - they are hearing DB also - but absolutely see him being their WR target in RD 2.  

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Why would a rookie get 12-15 touches/game in this offense, on a roster that already has 3 RBs?  One of which was just signed this offseason, another a second round pick a year ago, and a third being a guy they re-signed for 2 yrs/$9M?

If one guy is getting 12-15 touches a game, that means the others aren't getting much of anything.

That's why a single feature back makes no sense in this offense, so drafting another one high in the draft makes even less sense.

He’d immediately take over for Singletary I would imagine. Singletary got 12-15 touches a game. 

If that happens you’re only getting Cook 5-7 touches. Harris as depth.

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He’d immediately take over for Singletary I would imagine. Singletary got 12-15 touches a game. 

I don't think we paid Harris almost $4M just to be depth and neither do I think we re-signed Hines for 2yrs/$9M just to return kicks. Not to mention, by the end of the season last year, Cook's playing time was significantly higher than the beginning of the season and he played well with the opportunities he had.

Sinking another high draft pick into the RB room we already have would be extremely foolish, especially if it's someone other than Robinson, who's not going to make it to 27.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Harris isn't signed just as depth.  He's going to get 8-10 carries a game.  Cook will probably get 12-14 carries a game.  

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't think we paid Harris almost $4M just to be depth and neither do I think we re-signed Hines for 2yrs/$9M just to return kicks. Not to mention, by the end of the season last year, Cook's playing time was significantly higher than the beginning of the season and he played well with the opportunities he had.

Sinking another high draft pick into the RB room we already have would be extremely foolish, especially if it's someone other than Robinson, who's not going to make it to 27.

The Gibbs chatter screams “smokescreen” to me. 

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Harris is at like $1.7 million but I’m not arguing to take a RB. I don’t want to take a RB.

All I’m saying is RB is the easiest position to impact early. If they draft a RB and actually give him snaps he’ll produce.

I think agents use Buffalo to hype RBs because the Bills never have a premier RB.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

27, 59, 2024 1, 2024 2 and a player for Hopkins and #3..... then Beane deals #3 to a QB desperate team and gets higher picks back 😆

Then the Mystery Machine pulls up, Scooby Doo jumps out, pulls off Brandon Beane’s mask to expose Kevin Costner as the real mastermind. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I have to wonder if they get a nice package of picks for the #3 pick if it would soften their stance even further of what they would take for Hopkins. I'm sure they would still want what they feel is good value...but it doesn't "make or break" their draft to take slightly less at t hat point to get that contract gone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.