The Walls be Closing

Kemp

But yet the elites are. 

They tend to move to islands and on the coast as well.  traveling in private jets. while talking and funding Climate groups.

Bezos is buying more homes on Indian creak island.

And in reality, you're talking about the taxpayers and small business owners. Not exactly the bottom feeders the left covets.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

Geography smack always amuses me

yeah, the insurance companies find fla funny too

Just now, Tommy Callahan said:

But yet the elites are. 

They tend to move to islands and on the coast as well.  traveling in private jets. while talking and funding Climate groups.

Bezos is buying more homes on Indian creak island.

And in reality, you're talking about the taxpayers and small business owners. Not exactly the bottom feeders the left covets.

they can afford to lose a few million....a fly out before a storm

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

35 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

yeah, the insurance companies find fla funny too

Same with California.  From where people are fleeing, to go to Florida.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Same with California.  From where people are fleeing, to go to Florida.

Can a President be prosecuted for a crime if he wasn't convicted in an impeachment? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

Am I wrong in thinking all Dumb Don's lawyers arguments border on absurd?  Because when I hear them I default to "well that's a lawyer they must at least have some idea what they're talking about ".

Not all of them, but quite a few. So far, I am not sure I've seen anything that is clearly sanctionable (like with the Kraken lawsuits), but some of the arguments are quite dumb and come up to the line of arguably sanctionable.

The thing is, we've never had a president / presidential candidate commit so many crimes, so there isn't much precedent here on a lot of the issues. In other cases, there would be a long list of history that is relevant and can provide guidance and arguments for either side. Here, there is no history on things like presidential immunity for crimes committed after their presidency and whether electioneering falls within the gray area of presidential duties. So even though it seems clear that those issues *should* be decided in favor of the prosecution, there isn't a big stack of case law to put in front of the judge.

If you were to give Trump's attorneys the benefit of the doubt: where there is no case law directly on point they just interpret everything in a manner that is best for their client, even when it leads to nonsensical conclusions like "the president is required to be impeached before they can be convicted." They're throwing things against the wall to see what sticks.

Strategically, however, I don't think they are trying to win these cases. He's in deep here and his chances of victory in these cases range from borderline to impossible. If you assume the goal is just to delay as long as possible in the hopes of escaping through being elected president, their strategy makes much more sense than if you think they are actually trying to win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You should ask @B-Man about the Wrath of God being visited upon Florida again. So saith The Book of Jack of Poso. 

Hey look fellow PPPers

Frank, the man (?) who gave us "crush them like the cockroaches they are"   

Is attempting to make a joke about Floridians and bad weather.

I , for one, thank God for giving us such a wise and compassionate voice like Frank to set all of us down here straight.

His proclamations from the mountaintop are always so inspiring.

0:)

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You should ask @B-Man about the Wrath of God being visited upon Florida again. So saith The Book of Jack of Poso. 

He's still working on California...

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's it, Frank the Man. Or The Man Frank.

And no need for divine intervention to crush those January 6 cockroaches. Just good old law enforcement.

They are upset because conservatism requires a belief that:

“There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

That law enforcement would bind their group is such a foreign concept to them that they literally cannot wrap their heads around it and come up with crazy conspiracies as to why law enforcement would dare enforce the law. 

39 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That's it, Frank the Man. Or The Man Frank.

And no need for divine intervention to crush those January 6 cockroaches. Just good old law enforcement.

If there had been proper "good old law enforcement," J6 would never have happened.