The Walls be Closing

Kemp

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes, whatever their reason for being there, there was no justification or prompting by anyone to break into the Capitol.  Should I say it even slower for you?

Yeah.

It remains a mystery to you why they were there that day.

Don't worry about how slow you talk.

It's not about your not being able to figure out why they were there.

It's about your being afraid to acknowledge truth.

You know why they were there.

Everyone knows why they were except perhaps Farley.

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

If these are, history is missing a shytload of additional indictments against others, including the sitting president. Pass me a ham sandwich.

Biden returned his documents.

Biden didn't try to overthrow an election.

Maybe you are a ham sandwich.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

Biden isn't coordinating anything beyond the stock selection of frozen desserts in the White House walk-in. Your right on that point Kemp.

Tell that to the other Trump fool in this thread.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Why do Trump supporters still support him when every single person who worked for him in the White House is now warning America what will happen if he gets there again?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Why do Trump supporters still support him when every single person who worked for him in the White House is now warning America what will happen if he gets there again?

I'm not a supporter of Trump. I never have and never will support him. I do, however, support the constitution and our democracy. Why do Trump haters want to turn the US into a banana republic?

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t have certainty that Biden had no knowledge of the documents. That’s why I’m glad he’s being investigated by someone appointed by Trump. 

I’m not so delusional as to think that the Vice President of the United States personally packs their things to leave, nor am I ignorant of the many failings of controls for government documents. 

However, at this point we have no evidence that Biden or Pence were personally involved in intentionally taking documents. That may change with Biden depending on the investigation. 

But Trump was told he had documents and refused to return them despite having no right to them. Had he turned them over when notified, he wouldn’t be in any trouble. He’d be in the same camp as Biden and Pence. His refusal to do so is what makes him guilty. 

I don't care who gave what back immediately upon being asked.  I care about why people had material for years and what they may have done with it.  Otherwise it's just a property crime.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Yeah.

It remains a mystery to you why they were there that day.

Don't worry about how slow you talk.

It's not about your not being able to figure out why they were there.

It's about your being afraid to acknowledge truth.

You know why they were there.

Everyone knows why they were except perhaps Farley.

So the theory is they came there to overthrow the government?  Without weapons?  And they left on their own without finishing the job?  Good one.

Edited by Doc

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't care who gave what back immediately upon being asked.  I care about why people had material for years and what they may have done with it.  Otherwise it's just a property crime.

“I don’t understand how laws and facts work. I just want an excuse to hate people I hate and justify bad behavior by people I like.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“I don’t understand how laws and facts work. I just want an excuse to hate people I hate and justify bad behavior by people I like.”

Tell us how the laws and facts are supposed to work for illegally possessing classified documents for a very extended period. It’s ok if you claim spillage, blame an anonymous staffer and return them with an apology? I know you have never worked in a classified environment but are somehow expert in the matter. Fill us all in. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I'm not a supporter of Trump. I never have and never will support him. I do, however, support the constitution and our democracy. Why do Trump haters want to turn the US into a banana republic?

Trump wants to be POTUS for life. Can you highlight where that is in the Constitution?

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I know you have never worked in a classified environment

Do you have US government clearance?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Tell us how the laws and facts are supposed to work for illegally possessing classified documents for a very extended period. It’s ok if you claim spillage, blame an anonymous staffer and return them with an apology? I know you have never worked in a classified environment but are somehow expert in the matter. Fill us all in. 

Simple:

You need proof of intentionality and mere possession is not sufficient proof of intentionality. 

The laws were written for the more than one million people with security clearance. They clearly have a gap for elected officials.

• Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Trump wants to be POTUS for life. Can you highlight where that is in the Constitution?

Trump can't be and won't be POTUS for life. You know that, right? You believe that, right?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh really? When Conald packed the Supreme Court - anything is possible.

All he did was place the nomination. The senate confirmed.

You scared that anyone will be POTUS for life is amusing.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Oh, I'm not scared... but I'm also not stupid like you.

We will save this for posterity.

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Tell me you're naive and/or partisan and/or hypocritical without actually saying it...

10 hours ago, Pokebball said:

They need to invent new and stupid ***** to keep the fear going.  

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

They need to invent new and stupid ***** to keep the fear going

While some of these imagined fears are of one’s own making, many are the consequence of narratives created by those in positions of power. Individuals looking to take advantage of, and manipulate others, have long realized the power of fear.  When one is gripped by fear of a threat, real or imagined, their rational and higher cognitive capacities shut down, making them easily manipulable by anyone that promises safety from the threat

“No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear”, wrote the 18th century philosopher Edmund Burke.

“There are more things…likely to frighten us than there are to crush us; we suffer more often in imagination than in reality.” (Letters from a Stoic, Seneca)

ITs an ancient way of controlling masses, and still being used non stop.

Fear and Social Control (academyofideas.com)

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Tell me you're naive and/or partisan and/or hypocritical without actually saying it...

They need to invent new and stupid ***** to keep the fear going.  

I’m sorry that facts are so hard for you. Must be tough. 

• Eyeroll 1