The Walls be Closing

Kemp

12 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

so what if congress makes it legal?  both houses are D?  then what? and impeach on what legal grounds?  pass the law before the order to arrest.  Do u find that scenario far fetched?  it actually only takes the senate to stop the impeachment.  and he could still threaten without breaking any law.  then get the law passed and dishonorably discharge them at a later date if an insurrection occurs and they do it again....

I can't believe you have actually dreamt this hypothetical.

Are you completely unaware of the other players in this scenario?

First, the US Congress would never pass a law that would commit the military to becoming an extension of some nut's campaign staff.

Second, the military is not composed of a group of robots.

The very first thing I was asked during my initial interview for Nava Aviation Officer Candidate's School related to political views and I answered that as a military officer I was to conduct myself in an apolitical fashion. While having views, which these highly educated skilled professionals do, the fastest way to lose your career is to express political or religious views in a work setting.

Believe whatever you want, and those discussions among peers do occur, but never in a work scenario.

It is an all volunteer organization, and people don't sign up and stay in to be used as political weapons.

If that were to occur, the organization would disintegrate.

Sometimes these views are like reading the comments section of Youtube. Interesting only because of the the shear madness expressed.

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

So, you believe that "chaos follows him"  is going after him when he's the cause of the chaos?

She makes Trump sound like the character in Peanuts that is followed around by dirt.

She can't even criticize a man who tried to overthrow a democracy, instead saying he was a good President.

She can't even call him out for saying he wants to be a dictator. For his admiration for every despot in the world.

Then again, i very much doubt you can either.

If he offered her the VP spot, do you think she would accept it?

She's not lockstep with him like most of the other Republican chores. That’s about the best thing I can say about her.

I believe her strategy is going to unfold towards what you are suggesting if she gets enough traction in the early primaries to seriously threaten him.

To add to your view, she, and any breathing Republican still in the race would destroy the man currently in office in any debate.

That is the ultimate goal.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, sherpa said:

First, the US Congress would never pass a law that would commit the military to becoming an extension of some nut's campaign staff.

The very first thing I was asked during my initial interview for Nava Aviation Officer Candidate's School related to political views and I answered that as a military officer I was to conduct myself in an apolitical fashion. While having views, which these highly educated skilled professionals do, the fastest way to lose your career is to express political or religious views in a work setting.

Believe whatever you want, and those discussions among peers do occur, but never in a work scenario.

It is an all volunteer organization, and people don't sign up and stay in to be used as political weapons.

Sometimes these views are like reading the comments section of Youtube. Interesting only because of the the shear madness expressed.

I believe her strategy is going to unfold towards what you are suggesting if she gets enough traction in the early primaries to seriously threaten him.

To add to your view, she, and any breathing Republican still in the race would destroy the man currently in office in any debate.

It's pretty funny that you believe Haley can be the nominee. Her only chance is if Trump dies, and even then I'm not certain she could beat him. Her strategy is to attract the Trump base when the Trump base will only accept their cult leader. What a great tactician she is.

But what's the difference, you'll be casting your ballot for a man whose desire is to be a dictator.

Edited by Kemp

Just now, sherpa said:

you started badly and got worse.  This wouldn't be for a campaign.  it would be to show that the military will remain loyal to the chain of command.  And to illustrate that those who desert will be punished eventually.  That's about saving democracy and avoiding civil war.  btw, it took meall of 3 minutes to devise that scenario.  you hadn't considered it apparently

the rest of your argument is moot since the initial premise is false.

lastly a draft is not out of the question in dire times like revolution.  it would demarcate the sides quite quickly and we could start attacking areas based on demographics.  you seem to think civil war is fiction but not a con here denied a desire for it should certain parameters exist....

The civil wa4r has begun.  Glad to see a picture of the national guard responding on the correct side.  Wonder if any refused.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/violent-political-threats-surge-as-2024-begins-haunting-american-democracy/ar-AA1mGyru

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

They dream-up ridiculous scenario after scenario because, you know, TDS...

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

But what's the difference, you'll be casting your ballot for a man whose desire is to be a dictator.

I always am amazed when people here tell other people what they will do.

I have never voted for Trump and will never do so.

2 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

you started badly and got worse.  This wouldn't be for a campaign.  it would be to show that the military will remain loyal to the chain of command.  And to illustrate that those who desert will be punished eventually.  That's about saving democracy and avoiding civil war.  btw, it took meall of 3 minutes to devise that scenario.  you hadn't considered it apparently

the rest of your argument is moot since the initial premise is false.

lastly a draft is not out of the question in dire times like revolution.  it would demarcate the sides quite quickly and we could start attacking areas based on demographics.  you seem to think civil war is fiction but not a con here denied a desire for it should certain parameters exist....

The civil wa4r has begun.  Glad to see a picture of the national guard responding on the correct side.  Wonder if any refused.

Insanity.

Three minutes?

You should have spent more time.

Edited by sherpa
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

so she's in the majority of those having extramarital affairs.  and....

Got a feeling that case will just be more narratives for trumps defense.  

The fact he kept records from his meeting with the white house is really making this look like a political attempt at swaying an election.  

DEMS are a cartel.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Sounds like Putin threatening bad things if we help Ukraine 

Trump would absolutely adore the people perpetrating the bedlam, even though he asked them not to.  LOL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, daz28 said:

Trump would absolutely adore the people perpetrating the bedlam, even though he asked them not to.  LOL

the good news is that there will be less traitorous scum walking the streets.  meanwhile bm man is perseverating on hunter's "art"....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the good news is that there will be less traitorous scum walking the streets.  meanwhile bm man is perseverating on hunter's "art"....

I mean it would be survival of the fittest(or thinning of the dumbest depending on how you look at it), but I'm not looking for it to go the Darwin route.  

• Eyeroll 1