The Walls be Closing

Kemp

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

the stock market is closed. only bonds and futures

Good day for the Jews to tune their space lasers...

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

?

Amherst is correct:  from WSJ 2 hours ago — Trading in the bond market is set to end early at 12 p.m. ET for Good Friday. Stock futures stopped trading at 9:15 a.m. ET. The jobs report ...

to me, that meets the criteria for "trading"

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Good day for the Jews to tune their space lasers...

Amherst is correct:  from WSJ 2 hours ago — Trading in the bond market is set to end early at 12 p.m. ET for Good Friday. Stock futures stopped trading at 9:15 a.m. ET. The jobs report ...

to me, that meets the criteria for "trading"

Nonsense. Jobs report is not "trading," it's a report.

The "markets" by any reasonable, common interpretation means the stock market, ie., the big board, and the NASDAQ, which are both closed.

Not that any of that matters.

Don't need the Wall Street Journal for this, everyone knows it.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Nonsense. Jobs report is not "trading," it's a report.

The "markets" by any reasonable, common interpretation means the stock market, ie., the big board, and the NASDAQ, which are both closed.

Not that any of that matters.

So bonds don't count?  Oh no...you'd better inform the bond traders immediately.

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

here's what I actually said but you knew that and still made it into a big burrito:

"Wall street is trading today"

I made it a "big burrito" by posting no text, just a question mark in response to your nonsensical claim?

Ya that's a "big burrito."

When the New York Stock Exchange and the NASDAQ are closed, it is called the markets are closed.

That's the common interpretation and vernacular.

That's why CNBC is in total holiday mode.

It isn't a big burrito, it is just silly.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

you're assuming we are all Christians....very MAGA of you.  but yeah, taking a break soon.  first, a few more zingers...

@Chris farley.  What is the piecework pay for an eyeroll now?

No, I’m not assuming anything. There are some days however when you might want to stop and take a pause though. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

So you're a facist?  Must be cuz you certainly aren't nice around here to anyone who doesn't share your infallible opinions.

butt hurt? taking a break wouldn't be a bad idea.  Doping yoga to lighten up and clenching my jaw here.  Some think that requires meds.  I sure don't.  But yeah, I'll give it a try.  Not a contract or anything cuz I kinda like the game.