The Walls be Closing

Kemp

10 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

example 8,567,764-

Democrats… deadbeats that are always working new angles to steal other peoples money.

It was hyperbole, dude.  It's punishment enough for the base to watch this all collapse.  I'm just hoping that because of the intense humiliation, trump doesn't go down into a bunker and off himself

28 minutes ago, TSOL said:

See, the Dems make it too personal. This is a grudge match, not racketeering 

it's both.  We'll never get over Jan 6...

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Maybe we can get him on tax fraud as well

https://dnyuz.com/2023/08/17/how-trump-uses-supporters-donations-to-pay-his-legal-bills/

In 2021 and 2022, Save America spent $16 million on legal bills, The New York Times has reported. In the first six months of this year, almost a third of the money raised by his committees and the super PAC backing him has gone toward legal costs — more than $27 million, according to a Times analysis of federal records.

The legal payments could have tax implications, some experts said, if the underlying legal matter were deemed by the Internal Revenue Service to be related to Mr. Trump personally, rather than to his official role. The payments could, in theory, count as taxable income for Mr. Trump.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think that some of what you say there is true

But

The Dems have the law on their side Donald Trump makes this too easy

I think I need to hear the actual evidence Smith intends to present.  That might be when the trial starts.

Based on what I 've heard so far, I'm having trouble getting beyond a conclusion that the government's case rests entirely on conjecture and some mindcrime argument premise.

That saying one thing while believing something else is a crime.  And somehow Smith employs mind reading experts that know the true thought of others.  Knows when thier thoughts match their words and when they don't. If that's some or all of the basis of the case it laughable.  And its 100% certainty that any conviction rendered and asisted by a favorable judge and jury will get overturned on appeals.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think I need to hear the actual evidence Smith intends to present.  That might be when the trial starts.

Based on what I 've heard so far, I'm having trouble getting beyond a conclusion that the government's case rests entirely on conjecture and some mindcrime argument premise.

That saying one thing while believing something else is a crime.  And somehow Smith employs mind reading experts that know the true thought of others.  Knows when thier thoughts match their words and when they don't. If that's some or all of the basis of the case it laughable.  And its 100% certainty that any conviction rendered and asisted by a favorable judge and jury will get overturned on appeals.

Jurors can simply hear what people said, wrote and did and decide if their actions match the crime. No mind reading needed. He's going to jail...if he doesn't flee to Putin first 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TSOL said:

Now, in your opinion, is that something for the courts to decide? 

Or the media? 

The way you phrased your question unwittingly undercuts your point.  Everyone is going to decide that issue.  The legal determination, of course, will be made in a court or courts of law.  But voters will also have input through at least the early primary process in 2024.  And the court of public opinion is free to draw whatever conclusion is pleases.  

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Aw. the fascist mob was up late last night attacking anyone with different opinions.

One day it's Commies. The next, fascist.

Your group should get together and come up with a more coherent stance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Jurors can simply hear what people said, wrote and did and decide if their actions match the crime. No mind reading needed. He's going to jail...if he doesn't flee to Putin first 

I'm not quite as certain and I hope wins the primary, destroying R's chances in '24.  But that would be interesting.  How many MAGA's would follow?

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It was hyperbole, dude.  It's punishment enough for the base to watch this all collapse.  I'm just hoping that because of the intense humiliation, trump doesn't go down into a bunker and off himself

it's both.  We'll never get over Jan 6...

Guys like Trump don't off themselves. They make life miserable for others.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Can you clearly articulate the spoken or written words, or deeds, and the case Smith intends to present per the indictment? 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TSOL said:

You're not gonna catch him, he's gonna keep on campaigning 

Power to the people! ✊🏾

I mean there's a distinct possibility he's going to get himself thrown jail until his trials, if he doesn't find a way to listen to what the judges are telling him, if he was anyone else he'd likely already be in jail.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean there's a distinct possibility he's going to get himself thrown jail until his trials, if he doesn't find a way to listen to what the judges are telling him, if he was anyone else he'd likely already be in jail.

If they throw him in jail he becomes a pariah, they won't do that. He knows it and that's why he's acting the way he is 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kemp said:

One day it's Commies. The next, fascist.

Your group should get together and come up with a more coherent stance.

don’t think those things can come together?  

Odd how party sycophants tend to correlate with a misunderstanding of history. 🤔 

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

If they throw him in jail he becomes a pariah, they won't do that. He knows it and that's why he's acting the way he is 

yeah keep indicting, stall the trial convict, bleed financial resources on legal fees. They might even get a couple more election cycles out of this. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TSOL said:

I'm guessing you meant to say martyr because that's practically the opposite of that, also assuming that was the case and assuming whatever conspiracy you require for there to be an effort to avoid that, then why would they have indicted him in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm guessing you meant to say martyr because that's practically the opposite of that, also assuming that was the case and assuming whatever conspiracy you require for there to be an effort to avoid that, then why would they have indicted him in the first place?

A martyr? They aren't going to kill him! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

You know that's not required right?

Pariah is the word, that's what I'm going with. 

Idk maybe English isn't your first language and if so that's totally cool 

But I'll take pariah for $500 Alex 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

Pariah is the word, that's what I'm going with. 

Idk maybe English isn't your first language and if so that's totally cool 

But I'll take pariah for $500 Alex 

So they're not going to put Trump in jail for not listening to the orders of the judges in these cases because it'd make him a pariah?

Pariah- someone or something that is despised or rejected.

giphy.gif

• Thank you (+1) 2