Here come the restructures

78thealltimegreat

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not sure after the McGovern signing...estimate somewhere around $11-13 million maybe? Could be more based on how things are structured.

I estimated it around 13-15m,  so roughly the same range.  They probably have around twice that available if they restructure the other major contracts.  And then there's the possibility of trading off Oliver and his contract. 

They can make room to do whatever they want,  it's just a matter of how much they want to push into the future.  

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Not sure after the McGovern signing...estimate somewhere around $11-13 million maybe? Could be more based on how things are structured.

I think it’s more like $18-22M. 

I think we were around $14 over, and have restructured about $40M total. That makes $26M cap space. No details yet on the structure of McGovern’s deal but I imagine there is a signing bonus to keep the year 1 cap hit down. 

1 minute ago, TOboy said:

I think we were around $14 over, and have restructured about $40M total. That makes $26M cap space. No details yet on the structure of McGovern’s deal but I imagine there is a signing bonus to keep the year 1 cap hit down. 

In the McGovern thread someone posted his deal and it was a $4M hit in 2023.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

In the McGovern thread someone posted his deal and it was a $4M hit in 2023.

Yup. And Matakevich is around 1.9M. 

Cam Lewis is probably peanuts.  

Not sure about Sam Martin’s cap hit. 

27 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Oh...even better!

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Kind of interesting that no Diggs restructure and this tweet about un-following Bills??  Is there something going on here??

Not necessarily.   They likely won't free up more than they need anyway,  but it may just be that they don't want to push more money into future years. 

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Not necessarily.   They likely won't free up more than they need anyway,  but it may just be that they don't want to push more money into future years. 

Agree could be not doing it till needed, but also makes you wonder if they are concerned with pushing money down the road.  You won't do that unless certain player will be here. 

Likely nothing going on, but does make you wonder a little

White, Hyde, Oliver and Taron really the only contracts now where you question the cap hit bang for the buck.  

White and Hyde are coming off injury and their cash salary this year is reasonable.  So probably nothing to be done there.  Ride it out and see if they have bounce back years.  Taron probably a bargain at $6.5m salary this year.  He could be extension candidate to lower cap hit.  Oliver is the one that kinda sticks out like sore thumb.  $10.7m salary and cap hit is too rich with too little impact for a title contender with a QB not on a rookie deal.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.