Fox Files

BillStime

On 2/17/2023 at 7:32 PM, Tiberius said:

Tucker was worried the truth would hurt Fox’s stock price

News organization hurt by telling the truth 

This is very true, CNN went to straight news and their ratings died quickly. People who spend so much time watching political news want to be reinforced only.

• Like (+1) 2

If someone was telling me one thing to my face and the opposite behind my back, I would simply stop listening to that person. 

But the feelings over facts crowd will stick with Fox News because even though they know it’s all a lie, it’s a lie that feels good. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

If someone was telling me one thing to my face and the opposite behind my back, I would simply stop listening to that person. 

But the feelings over facts crowd will stick with Fox News because even though they know it’s all a lie, it’s a lie that feels good. 

Oh the irony! 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

48 minutes ago, Westside said:

Oh the irony! 

He still thinks Russia collusion and the steele dossier are real and the Hunter laptop brute censorship was just a mistake, made in unison by 90% of the media, that they will straighten out going forward.

:lol:

That lack of self awareness and hypocrisy should be staggering, but it's just par for the course for the @ChiGoose and @redtail hawk of the day.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanNC said:

He still thinks Russia collusion and the steele dossier are real and the Hunter laptop brute censorship was just a mistake, made in unison by 90% of the media, that they will straighten out going forward.

:lol:

That lack of self awareness and hypocrisy should be staggering, but it's just par for the course for the @ChiGoose and @redtail hawk of the day.

Man, you really do live in a fantasy world, don’t you? Must be scary to believe that the whole world is conspiring against you. 

1. The Trump campaign sought and accepted help from Russia. This is not a disputed fact and if you don’t believe it, you’re just exposing your ignorance. 

2. The Steele dossier was a raw intelligence document. It was a collection of unvetted rumors and as such should not have been made public until the rumors could be investigated and their truth or falsity determined.

3. I really have a hard time understanding how something can be censorship if people weren’t forced to censor it. Anybody could run the Hunter laptop story if they wanted to. We know this because the Post ran the story. Other outlets were concerned about its veracity so they held off until they could further verify it. It’s not some big government conspiracy. 

4. The media sucks. But one media outlet sucking isn’t an excuse for another to suck. The fact that Fox News thinks their viewers are morons and will buy any lie their told isn’t justified by other media outlets sucking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Man, you really do live in a fantasy world, don’t you? Must be scary to believe that the whole world is conspiring against you. 

1. The Trump campaign sought and accepted help from Russia. This is not a disputed fact and if you don’t believe it, you’re just exposing your ignorance. 

2. The Steele dossier was a raw intelligence document. It was a collection of unvetted rumors and as such should not have been made public until the rumors could be investigated and their truth or falsity determined.

3. I really have a hard time understanding how something can be censorship if people weren’t forced to censor it. Anybody could run the Hunter laptop story if they wanted to. We know this because the Post ran the story. Other outlets were concerned about its veracity so they held off until they could further verify it. It’s not some big government conspiracy. 

4. The media sucks. But one media outlet sucking isn’t an excuse for another to suck. The fact that Fox News thinks their viewers are morons and will buy any lie their told isn’t justified by other media outlets sucking. 

lol msnbc blatantly lying to gaslight left wingers 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

lol msnbc blatantly lying to gaslight left wingers 

Whether or not MSNBC is a good outlet is irrelevant to the discussion of Fox News treating its audience like rubes. 

As to MSNBC, I don’t watch it so I’m not going to defend it. 

• Agree 1

The really sad part is fox wont lose any viewers.  Nor will they comprehend the level of sheer BS being thrown at them.  Yes, most news outlets are similar sadly.   Fox is the worst of the major ones.  Unfortunately where could conservative viewers go?   They won't watch the others because they can't take news that leans left.

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

I really have a hard time understanding how something can be censorship if people weren’t forced to censor it. Anybody could run the Hunter laptop story if they wanted to. We know this because the Post ran the story. Other outlets were concerned about its veracity so they held off until they could further verify it. It’s not some big government conspiracy. 

Twitter and Facebook made it such that the Post story could not be shared. Twitter locked the Post account unless they deleted their tweets regarding the very true laptop story. Virtually every other major media outlet joined the pack with glee. Do you truly have a hard time understanding how that is censorship? 

40 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Whether or not MSNBC is a good outlet is irrelevant to the discussion of Fox News treating its audience like rubes. 

As to MSNBC, I don’t watch it so I’m not going to defend it. 

here’s my issue. You act as though fox is the only one who does it.  The left ran headline after headline of trump being illegitimate and owned by Russians for four years. Then after he’s out of office and most or all debunked they pretend like it never happened. They claimed the Russians stole the election which they knew was bs. Now play high and mighty like they never made these claims. Total bull. I don’t watch fox either but don’t pretend both sides are guilty of it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, aristocrat said:

here’s my issue. You act as though fox is the only one who does it.  The left ran headline after headline of trump being illegitimate and owned by Russians for four years. Then after he’s out of office and most or all debunked they pretend like it never happened. They claimed the Russians stole the election which they knew was bs. Now play high and mighty like they never made these claims. Total bull. I don’t watch fox either but don’t pretend both sides are guilty of it 

Do you have internal text messages confirming this alleged fraud? I only ask because we now have that from Faux News. Did ya see?

4 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Do you have internal text messages confirming this alleged fraud?

You are not acknowledging that the Trump/Russian collusion story hasn't completely fallen apart ?

Well, then there is no point in debating anything with you about Fox.

You are not an honest poster.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

You are not acknowledging that the Trump/Russian collusion story hasn't completely fallen apart ?

Well, then there is no point in debating anything with you about Fox.

You are not an honest poster.

No, I'm asking for evidence.

You know, facts. Do you remember those?

2 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

No, I'm asking for evidence.

You know, facts. Do you remember those?

Unbelievable.

In order to hide his incompetence,

Gene is requiring us to "prove" that Trump didn't collude with Russia.

We know that you have been here the past 2 years and have seen every major newspaper and government inquiry has acknowledged this.

But thats not good enough for Juror #3 here,

Useless.

Just parrot "FOX BAD" all you want.  No one expects any better from you.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

my accusation that the Russians didn’t steal the election? 

I seek your evidence that the Lib media is intentionally providing provably false information to it's viewers while openly discussing it interally.

I'll hang up and listen.

5 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

I seek your evidence that the Lib media is intentionally providing provably false information to it's viewers while openly discussing it interally.

I'll hang up and listen.

well I never claimed they had internal texts showing this. But to me it would be a lot scarier if they didn’t know what they were reporting was false. Anybody with half a brain knew it was all nonsense but that’s why cnns ratings were so high those four years and tsnked afterwards. 

now do you believe the Russians stole the election?

55 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Twitter and Facebook made it such that the Post story could not be shared. Twitter locked the Post account unless they deleted their tweets regarding the very true laptop story. Virtually every other major media outlet joined the pack with glee. Do you truly have a hard time understanding how that is censorship? 

The problem is that you seem the believe that independent institutions enacting their own policies in regards to a questionable story is actually a coordinated effort at suppression. That’s not censorship, that’s capitalism. 

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I’m not pretending that Fox is the only bad news outlet. I think all TV news is bad and the country would be much better off if these outlets didn’t exist. 

I think, however, there’s a difference when the media outlet’s leadership and hosts are on the record acknowledging that they are lying to their audiences. 

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

The problem is that you seem the believe that independent institutions enacting their own policies in regards to a questionable story is actually a coordinated effort at suppression. That’s not censorship, that’s capitalism. 

I’m not pretending that Fox is the only bad news outlet. I think all TV news is bad and the country would be much better off if these outlets didn’t exist. 

I think, however, there’s a difference when the media outlet’s leadership and hosts are on the record acknowledging that they are lying to their audiences. 

in the msnbc video I showed you it literally shows her lying about desantis. Either she is incredibly dumb or she is knowingly lying with that question. I don’t think she’s that dumb and based on the amount of press it’s gotten I’d make an educated guess that there is communication between her and a producer acknowledging that the question was a lie. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

in the msnbc video I showed you it literally shows her lying about desantis. Either she is incredibly dumb or she is knowingly lying with that question. I don’t think she’s that dumb and based on the amount of press it’s gotten I’d make an educated guess that there is communication between her and a producer acknowledging that the question was a lie. 

I dunno, a lot of the talking heads are actually really dumb. 

9 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I dunno, a lot of the talking heads are actually really dumb. 

Did you know that tucker Carlson had hunter Biden help get his son into some Ivy League school? That’s the other thing they’re all in bed with each other 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Did you know that tucker Carlson had hunter Biden help get his son into some Ivy League school? That’s the other thing they’re all in bed with each other 

Yeah, saw that. The goal isn’t to inform, it’s to keep eyeballs on the tv for the ad breaks. If you want to know what’s really going on in the world, turn off the TV 

50 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

censorship

the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

You should consider freshening up on your understanding of censorship. 

The “questionable” story was actually quite true and very newsworthy. It was suppressed due to it being politically unacceptable to the vast majority of media (traditional and social) and those they make no secret of supporting. If you view that as capitalism rather than censorship you will certainly be breaking new ground in the use of the language. 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

censorship

the suppression or prohibition of any parts of books, films, news, etc. that are considered obscene, politically unacceptable, or a threat to security.

You should consider freshening up on your understanding of censorship. 

The “questionable” story was actually quite true and very newsworthy. It was suppressed due to it being politically unacceptable to the vast majority of media (traditional and social) and those they make no secret of supporting. If you view that as capitalism rather than censorship you will certainly be breaking new ground in the use of the language. 

We’re talking about a laptop held by some random guy who gave it to Rudy Giuliani, a known fabulist, who wouldn’t provide it to the outlets that wanted to vet its veracity. 

It absolutely stinks to high heaven as a disinfo op and it’s not surprising that outlets would be hesitant to run with the story until they could get their hands on the actual data. 

This whole idea that all of the media outlets, all of social media, and all of the government were in cahoots to bury the Hunter laptop story is ridiculous. Shady ass liars were promoting yet another shady ass story that looked everything like all of the other lies they were pushing. There’s plenty of reasons that even the most fair and balanced news outlets would hesitate to run with it until they fully vetted it. 

Turns out, this was the one time the crazies actually may have had something but when you’re the boy who cries wolf, don’t be surprised when people are reluctant to believe you when there’s actually a wolf. 

Edited by ChiGoose

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

well I never claimed they had internal texts showing this. But to me it would be a lot scarier if they didn’t know what they were reporting was false. Anybody with half a brain knew it was all nonsense but that’s why cnns ratings were so high those four years and tsnked afterwards. 

now do you believe the Russians stole the election?

Isn't there a thread for this? Or a dozen?

This thread is about how Fox News presents internally-known lies to its viewers in order to drive a political narrative and outcome.

Do you have any thoughts on this that aren't "whatabout cnn msnbc and the lamestream media - yee haw!"?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

We’re talking about a laptop held by some random guy who gave it to Rudy Giuliani, a known fabulist, who wouldn’t provide it to the outlets that wanted to vet its veracity. 

It absolutely stinks to high heaven as a disinfo op and it’s not surprising that outlets would be hesitant to run with the story until they could get their hands on the actual data. 

This whole idea that all of the media outlets, all of social media, and all of the government were in cahoots to bury the Hunter laptop story is ridiculous. Shady ass liars were promoting yet another shady ass story that looked everything like all of the other lies they were pushing. There’s plenty of reasons that even the most fair and balanced news outlets would hesitate to run with it until they fully vetted it. 

Turns out, this was the one time the crazies actually may have had something but when you’re the boy who cries wolf, don’t be surprised when people are reluctant to believe you when there’s actually a wolf. 

Irresponsible crack-addled loser leaves laptop behind with compromising information. That’s some disinfo op. Was it the Russians pulling the strings on that one? Meanwhile the hard hitting investigative journalists at 60 Minutes were running with this as part of their “vetting” of the story:

It’s a very important issue to find out whether a man’s corrupt who’s running for president, who’s accepted money from China, and Ukraine, and from Russia,” Trump responds. “Take a look at what’s going on, Leslie, and you say that shouldn’t be discussed?…I think it’s one of the biggest scandals I’ve ever seen, and you don’t cover it.”

“Well because it can’t be verified,” Stahl says. “I’m telling you—”

“Of course it can be verified,” Trump interjects. “Excuse me, Leslie, they found a laptop—”

“It can’t be verified,” Stahl repeats.

At least NPR was on the job with their “vetting”:

There was no censorship (maybe Twitter suspending the account of the NY Post would qualify as censorship but lets not quibble over the 6th largest newspaper in America) and I’m sure all the non-censorship had absolutely nothing to do with loathing of Donald Trump. All we have to do to make it so is redefine the word censorship and make it mean capitalism. Right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Hunter laptop story squelching (read censoring)? Oh no that was just a mistake by the media according to @ChiGoose.

A mistake that they all made simultaneously, in the days prior to a presidential election.

And I've also got some ocean front property in Omaha that you're gonna love.

Edited by BillsFanNC