FA and draft needs? Shoot your shot.

thunderingsquid

I find it sad that these lists always read like a virtual graveyard of underperforming, already cut, or soon to be cut, previous top (or near top) draft picks. 

Edmunds

Oliver

Singletary

Moss

Ford

Lawson

Epenesa 

Zay Jones 

Basham 

We've really got to start hitting on more of these top picks. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

If you watched the Bengals game then it’s obvious they need to prioritize DL and OL in the first 3 rounds- pretty much any position there would work. Then take the best available player after that. And if they can’t resign Edmunds, then ILB moves up the list too. Forget FA except for role players and backups. They don’t have the money to get solid starters that way.

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find it sad that these lists always read like a virtual graveyard of underperforming, already cut, or soon to be cut, previous top (or near top) draft picks. 

Edmunds

Oliver

Singletary

Moss

Ford

Lawson

Epenesa 

Zay Jones 

Basham 

We've really got to start hitting on more of these top picks. 

Bring Doug Whaley back as scout? 😊

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/6/2023 at 9:28 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

1.  RT, Brown needs to be a backup only.

2. RG, Bates will be replacing Saffold at LG so we'll need RG who can transition to C when Morse leaves.

3. WR2, not going to be Davis or Shakir.  Josh deserves better with Diggs approaching 30. 

Other areas of need include power RB, S,  DT, TE2. 

Trade Diggs for as much as you can get! This will allow you to pick up a stud offensive linemen. Then bring in a couple of stop gap Wrs. Maybe even keep Beasley.

Build that Oline. Josh with time can throw to almost anyone and be successful. Problem is he doesn't get time. 

Diggs is going to become a problem next year. I truly believe his patience has run out. We've seen his behavior in Minn. Cut ties and get the max in a trade now. 

This isn't a far fetched wild idea. Look at what KC did. Traded Hill and created a great Oline. 

Mahomes had a bunch of nobodies to throw too. A bunch of mediocre Rbs. The Oline is elite and makes Mahomes and the Chief offense run like clockwork. 

The Bills need to take page out of the Chiefs playbook. 

The Bills just can't run it back this season. That will not work!

We need to hedge your bets on a offensive line by getting a actual quality, not over the hill, veteran to go along with drafting another offense of lineman, high, and getting another one in the draft

I would like to see at least one quality, veteran wide receiver, and one quality, veteran offense of lineman

8 minutes ago, philholbroo said:

FA:

Dalton Risner

Tremaine Edmunds

N'keal Harry

Nasir Adderley

Trade for:

Montez Sweat 

Draft:

Bijan Robinson (probably trade up)

Dalton Kincaid or Michael Mayer if no trade up. Would also not mind an OL that falls.

Do you have to be joking with N’Keal Harry what a bust

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

We need to hedge your bets on a offensive line by getting a actual quality, not over the hill, veteran to go along with drafting another offense of lineman, high, and getting another one in the draft

I would like to see at least one quality, veteran wide receiver, and one quality, veteran offense of lineman

Do you have to be joking with N’Keal Harry what a bust

Yes on the OL, its why Risner would be my #1 signing. Young enough to last for the next 5 years at a high level, but veteran enough to know what hes doing. Would also like the hedge of draft too.

Harry is somewhat of a joke entry, but also is the type of receiver that Allen would like throwing too, although he is a lot like Gabe Davis just worse. The reason I would look at him is cheapness or at least should be. Plus I dont know what other receiver to look at that would fit in the cap, I'm sure there are some.

1 hour ago, philholbroo said:

Yes on the OL, its why Risner would be my #1 signing. Young enough to last for the next 5 years at a high level, but veteran enough to know what hes doing. Would also like the hedge of draft too.

Harry is somewhat of a joke entry, but also is the type of receiver that Allen would like throwing too, although he is a lot like Gabe Davis just worse. The reason I would look at him is cheapness or at least should be. Plus I dont know what other receiver to look at that would fit in the cap, I'm sure there are some.

I would look at a guy like Paris Cample

On 2/7/2023 at 12:48 AM, Mark Vader said:

My wish list.

Free Agency:

OL Issac Seamolu

OL Dalton Risner

WR DJ Chark

RB Samaje Perine

I don't think signing these players is that difficult to do and will not hurt our salary cap.

Draft:

S Antonio Johnson or Jordan Battle

OL John Michael Schmitz or Olusegun Oluwatimi & Steve Avila or Andrew Vorhees

WR Rashee Rice or Cedric Tillman or Zay Flowers or Rakim Jarrett

DL Mike Morris

We will need a Safety, if that means using our first pick on one, so be it.

Offensive Guard & Center is more of a dire need than Offensive Tackle.

I don't want to draft a safety early but as an Alabama Fan who watches every game, I think that Brian Branch is a better player than Battle.

Battle is bigger and stronger than Branch but the quality of his play diminished last season. He is good mind you but Branch excels at every phase of the position. He even reminds me a bit of Poyer.

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't want to draft a safety early but as an Alabama Fan who watches every game, I think that Brian Branch is a better player than Battle.

Battle is bigger and stronger than Branch but the quality of his play diminished last season. He is good mind you but Branch excels at every phase of the position. He even reminds me a bit of Poyer.

Jmo.

Good to know.

Although, I like Antonio Johnson the most.

I think this would be a fantastic draft, but I don't see a few of these guys still being on the board for us in those particular rounds.  They were still there in the simulator, so I rolled with it.  I can dream.  I'm not trying to take a RB in the first round, but I think we'd be foolish to not grab Robinson if he's still there.  I think we'd have one of the best backfields in football with him and Cook assuming he produces like we would expect.

Grabbed a Safety and DT because I'm assuming Poyer isn't going to be back and I'd like to shop Oliver and get bigger up front on the D-Line.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 13.41.09.png

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.