Cancun on 3

PepeSilvia

I dont usually partake of twitter except what I read here. But I think I'm going to log in today to reed Eli Apples feed. It sounds like a laugh actually

Boooo freakin hooooo eli Burn Baby Burn!~!~!!!

😿

Edited by muppy

11 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

Exactly my line of thinking.  That, and I have a friend on the Eagles medical staff so him winning his 2nd ring would be cool.

After the Bengals antics and fake "chip on their shoulder" BS for the neutral site game, I want nothing but misery for them and their fans.  I actually love how badly the officiating impacted them.

two Super Bowls in 4 years…. The eagles!!! That’s crazy what a turn around, I’m jealous… 

#17 has an offseason home in southern california. So he being at a golf course here surprises me zero.

What I will say is that folks have left hate messages on their doorstep or just being nasty and mean need to really get a life and leave them Be. (Josh and Britt) That is taking things way too far.  Be Better.

Maybe I'm from the old school, but I still prefer teams to be classy and dignified when they win or lose, but particularly when they win.  The Bengals kicked the Bills' a*$es and the result spoke for itself.  No additional commentary was needed.  As to the Chiefs, they barely got by the Bengals.  It was a close, hard-fought battle that could have gone either way.  Chances are that if the Bengals didn't make that stupid play to hit Mahomes out of bounds, there would have been a punt or missed field goal and the Bengals would have gotten the ball back with an opportunity to win.  The Chiefs certainly did not dominate the Bengals or stand out as a superior team.  They also benefitted from some poor officiating.  There were significant injuries on both sides, but in the end, the teams were very evenly matched.  The Chiefs should be happy that they won the game and are entitled to celebrate their victory, but they should not be trolling an opponent who they barely squeezed by.

8 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Maybe I'm from the old school, but I still prefer teams to be classy and dignified when they win or lose, but particularly when they win.  The Bengals kicked the Bills' a*$es and the result spoke for itself.  No additional commentary was needed.  As to the Chiefs, they barely got by the Bengals.  It was a close, hard-fought battle that could have gone either way.  Chances are that if the Bengals didn't make that stupid play to hit Mahomes out of bounds, there would have been a punt or missed field goal and the Bengals would have gotten the ball back with an opportunity to win.  The Chiefs certainly did not dominate the Bengals or stand out as a superior team.  They also benefitted from some poor officiating.  There were significant injuries on both sides, but in the end, the teams were very evenly matched.  The Chiefs should be happy that they won the game and are entitled to celebrate their victory, but they should not be trolling an opponent who they barely squeezed by.

Exactly. Kelce all fired up about defending the sanctity of Arrowhead, the Church Of The Chiefs with their moronic drumbeat war chant. 

• Like (+1) 1

While I still prefer classy and dignified, I could see some shred of justification if one team makes a lot of inflammatory comments in the media before the game and the other team dominates them.  But in a close game with questionable calls that could have gone either way, you congratulate the other team for a hard-fought battle and go enjoy your victory.  I agree that Kelce looked like an idiot.  He's a great player - one of the best TEs of all-time and a first-ballot Hall of Famer, but he still looks like an idiot when he's screaming that stuff on national TV.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

Exactly my line of thinking.  That, and I have a friend on the Eagles medical staff so him winning his 2nd ring would be cool.

After the Bengals antics and fake "chip on their shoulder" BS for the neutral site game, I want nothing but misery for them and their fans.  I actually love how badly the officiating impacted them.

I can't love it when the zebras and their laundry take an unfair toll

But

if the penalties impacted the Bengals more than the Chiefs, the Bengals have no one to blame but their own selves.

I had a look at the penalties in the Gamebook

Bengals 9 penalties for 71 yds

Chiefs 4 penalties for 55 yds

But

The Chiefs were called for a 20 yd DPI while the Bengals only an 8 yd DPI

Both teams were called for 2 OH (the Chiefs for a 3rd that was decline), but the Chiefs actually had a TD called back on an OH penalty and settled for a FG in the 1Q

I think the difference was in what I would call "player controlled" penalties

The Bengals had 4 -Illegal touching for 5, delay of game 5, intentional grounding for 9 yds, and of course the "unnecessary roughness" penalty for 15, entirely legit

The Chiefs had 1 - taunting for 15 yds, which arguably gave the Bengals better field position and helped Cincy to a TD when Mahomes fumbled 3 plays later.

Basically, if the Bengals had cut their stupid penalties even in half with the illegal touching and UR, which they controlled and which were avoidable and dumb, the officiating would have been pretty equitable

If anything, KC had bigger penalty impacts because they had a TD called back and a 20 yd DPI against them.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.