Who are you rooting for next week? Cincy or KC?

Draconator

On 1/22/2023 at 6:06 PM, Bills Fan in MD said:

Cincinnati, but I'm not sure I have it in me to watch another game next week.

It would be nice to see the Eagles win it all as they seem to have done just about everything right in terms of roster building, coaching, etc.

Which is why we should fire our guys and hire someone from there.

1 hour ago, Sisyphean Bills said:

Bengals. Lessen the confusion about who's the lead dog out front.

F the Bengals!! The more I think about it, this is the team I want the Bills to stomp a mud hole in for years to come. They exhibit NO HUMILITY and are the BIGGEST whiners in the league. I'm hoping the Chiefs win today so I can save Joe Mixon a tee time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Since i bet on KC +1 earlier in the week I'll be rooting for that to hit.   I just can't fathom Cinci beating the Mahomes led Chiefs 4 straight times including 2 AFC Championship games AT Arrowhead.  It sure seems like we're due for a KC win here...  

24 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

F the Bengals!! The more I think about it, this is the team I want the Bills to stomp a mud hole in for years to come. They exhibit NO HUMILITY and are the BIGGEST whiners in the league. I'm hoping the Chiefs win today so I can save Joe Mixon a tee time. 

Let me add some context.

I was here for the "glory years" of the early 90s. We had an awesome team. It was built to beat Dan Marino. It was improved and it beat Boomer Esiason. It stood up to and beat Elway and the Broncos. The AFC was loaded with Hall of Fame QBs and innovative offenses, and we beat them all to 4 straight Super Bowls.

But we were NOT built to beat anybody in the NFC East. 4 straight trips and the beat downs in the Super Bowl got worse and worse. The NFC East was just flat out bigger, stronger, and meaner than any team in the AFC. We failed to hoist a Lombardi because we failed to see who it was we had to beat to win it all.

The Bengals went to the Super Bowl last year and I think they were written off as a sort of fluke. It was the Bills and Chiefs as the favorites this year. We're built in much the same way (not surprising given the coaching tree), and when we play it's an exciting edge-of-your-seat experience.

Meanwhile, somewhat under the radar, the Bengals have gotten really, really good. Their identity is to beat down the bullies in their division. That makes them a very, very tough out for us. If our destiny is not to completely waste this era with Josh Allen in futility, we're going to have to figure out how to beat the new bullies that stand in the way. Quickly.

Edited by Sisyphean Bills
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Rooting for rematch of SB 16 & 23.  This time Cincy winning.  SF has enough Lombardis.

Would much prefer the Niners add to the trophy case than for the Bengals to get “ off the schneid” in Super Bowls . Mahomes losing another AFC title game at home would be a satisfying outcome though. 

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Would much prefer the Niners add to the trophy case than for the Bengals to get “ off the schneid” in Super Bowls . Mahomes losing another AFC title game at home would be a satisfying outcome though. 

IMO, NOTHING would be more satisfying than watching those POMPOUS, PAPER BAG WEARING, WHO DEY SHOUTING bastards smoking cigars on their way to the Pebble Beach Pro Am tournament next week!! F dem PAPER TIGERS with hopes to meeting up with them next season!! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.