McDermott The Only Defensive Head Coach in Divisional Round

ArtVandalay

20 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

There will always be injuries, really bad excuse. 

The entire team was dominated. If we lost by a play or 2 maybe I could get on board.

Cincy is literally pulling up and playing safe, and have been the whole 2nd half.

There will?  Who didn’t KC miss in their first SB win? 

Injuries matter.  If you invest in certain players to improve the team And they don’t play, it hurts.  It hurt today.  I feel von and Daquan would e made a difference. 

who knows if we would’ve won.  No one.  But the injuries impacted us. 

frazier didn’t call a good game.  Either did Dorsey.  Gabes drop was massive. 

hopefully we can build the OL and replace brown and Saffold.  I think that’ll do wonders.  

Poyer had one of his worst game as a bills.  Wasn’t our day.  

it wasn’t our day day.  Move forward do what’s necessary to get the job done 

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Injuries matter.  If you invest in certain players to improve the team And they don’t play, it hurts.  It hurt today.  I feel von and Daquan would e made a difference. 

hopefully we can build the OL and replace brown and Saffold.  I think that’ll do wonders.  

Cincinnati invested heavily in OL, 3/5 were injured and they dominated with backups.

Dress it up if you want to, the team wasn't ready. That's on the coaches not the injuries.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I said it years ago and got yelled at. Frazier’s defense never has been and never will be good enough. If he isn’t fired next week, McD also has to go.

How many more years wasted when we could all see the problem years ago?

If Frazier wasn’t our DC, he wouldn’t still be in the league, let alone a HC. Are you kidding me? In fact, he WASN’T still in the league with a leadership position until WE hired him. Put that clown out of his misery for gods sake.

Edited by Governor

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Bills were predictable.  Cincy knew what Buffalo would do on defense and Offense.  If im Terry I would have a conversation with Sean Payton.  Does Tampa win with Dungy?  Does Indy win someone with Peyton?  As a Billionaire I make the call and see.  With a generational talent Mcdermott could get out of the divisional round.  I do it.  Shake it up.  Do you want to win the division and make the playoffs or win it all? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Cincinnati invested heavily in OL, 3/5 were injured and they dominated with backups.

Dress it up if you want to, the team wasn't ready. That's on the coaches not the injuries.

You act as if I said we were the best team in the league and we’d win it all. 

that’s not the case.  I know we had our deficiencies.  We couldn’t over come them. 

our OL ruined our game plan.  Gabes drop was massive.  Dorsey was a rookie play caller.  Frazier failed.  Season over. 

That’s the nfl

27 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

The Bills were predictable.  Cincy knew what Buffalo would do on defense and Offense.  If im Terry I would have a conversation with Sean Payton.  Does Tampa win with Dungy?  Does Indy win someone with Peyton?  As a Billionaire I make the call and see.  With a generational talent Mcdermott could get out of the divisional round.  I do it.  Shake it up.  Do you want to win the division and make the playoffs or win it all? 

I wish.

35 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You act as if I said we were the best team in the league and we’d win it all. 

that’s not the case.  I know we had our deficiencies.  We couldn’t over come them. 

our OL ruined our game plan.  Gabes drop was massive.  Dorsey was a rookie play caller.  Frazier failed.  Season over. 

That’s the nfl

I can agree, I just have less faith than you the current coaching staff ever gets it right I suppose. 

Frazier should have been fired last year and McDermott looks less and less like the right the right guy with the choices he makes about the coaches around him.

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

I can agree, I just have less faith than you the current coaching staff ever gets it right I suppose. 

Frazier should have been fired last year and McDermott looks less and less like the right the right guy with the choices he makes about the coaches around him.

I don’t have a lot of faith in the current coaching staff.  At this point, I’m hoping for some change. 

I hated Frazier’s approach today. Give them the 3 yard pass and 5 yards after the catch.  They did it all game.   The bengals plan was to get the ball out quick and not give their OL a chance to get wrecked. We never adjusted. We gave it to them all game and paid the price. 

I’ve been very critical of Dorsey. Rookie play caller leading the best team in the league was questionable and, again, we paid the price. 

we paid the price for not investing in the OL.  We paid the price for not upgrading WR2.  

maybe our D would’ve been good enough to stop them if we were healthy.  One thing we know.  Our offense wasn’t nearly good enough.  10 points.  Gabes drop ended the season. Fitting. 

hopefully we can upgrade RT, LG and WR2.  It looks to be necessary.  

Who survive SB. Dorsey or Frazier?  Or both……

Edited by NewEra

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

if we went after Payton, I’d understand why.   I like mcdermott and I’m worried that if we move on from him, that we’d **** the next hire.  He’s a good coach.  He’s done a lot for the franchise. I believe he can get it done….. but he hasn’t.  It was a poor showing today and I wouldn’t be chocked if it cost him his job.  That said-  Payton is the only guy I think would be a definite upgrade.  

id be happy if we hired Reich and Fangio.  As OC and Dc while keeping McD.  I won’t hold my breath.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.