We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I thought Kay was a Browns fan? Did she flip squads and jump the Cincy bandwagon? 

She's from Chicago as is Brandt so those are her hometown teams - her allegiances would change on GMFB if she went to hang out with fans at games etc

Edited by stevewin

Gotta say

i love how Bengals fans and media are using last years playoff success as a measuring stick for burrow

gane 1 against the raiders - Whoopi!!!! 

game two against a SHOT tennessee titans team - yes they were the 1 seed but everyone knew they werent the big boys

then KC after our emotional thriller

idk. I don’t give them much credit for it - maybe I am under estimating.

I don’t find their 9 game win streak impressive at all

I don’t see their playoff run impressive 

and I do see they are REALLY lucky and have been all year

so whatever 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't know about that ... they would have had second and goal from the 4 or 5 yard line if the refs had properly called forward progress stopped, but lots of teams fail to punch it in from there.

True. I'm just saying analytics wise?, they would've had 3 attempts to get 4.5 yards and NE was driving with ease that drive and whole 2nd half really. 

Odds would have been in their favor 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Don’t forget Basham and AJE who are near invisible for such highly invested picks…

Basham was a Beast against Miami!  That was his best game so far.  Boogie is going to feast on that weak Cincy oline.

So will Oliver.  My prediction is Oliver and Boogie bring interior pressure, and are some key factors to Bills win.  All QBs hate interior pressure 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Basham was a Beast against Miami!  That was his best game so far.  Boogie is going to feast on that weak Cincy oline.

So will Oliver.  My prediction is Oliver and Boogie bring interior pressure, and are some key factors to Bills win.  All QBs hate interior pressure 

I also thought Boogie did surprisingly well. I remember him busting through the Miami O line on a few occasions. 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Agree 1

I keep thinking about how aggressive the offense was against Miami and thinking that they are just getting warmed up. Josh is going to be slinging the rock a lot against Cincy and continue to aggressively take those deep shots. Miami was just a test run for what to expect later.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't know how people can possibly say the Bills offense is not talented when they are still in the top 5 in points for this season despite playing a game less than the teams in front of them.

The critics are saying that the Bills' offensive success is pretty much all due to Allen. I agree. Mahomes has the best line in football protecting him; Burrows has one of the best receiving corps. Allen has Diggs, and that's it.

If Allen was out for the season on the first day this year, this team would not have won more than five or six games. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

The critics are saying that the Bills' offensive success is pretty much all due to Allen. I agree. Mahomes has the best line in football protecting him; Burrows has one of the best receiving corps. Allen has Diggs, and that's it.

If Allen was out for the season on the first day this year, this team would not have won more than five or six games. 

That’s an MVP argument if there ever was one. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Gotta say

i love how Bengals fans and media are using last years playoff success as a measuring stick for burrow

gane 1 against the raiders - Whoopi!!!! 

game two against a SHOT tennessee titans team - yes they were the 1 seed but everyone knew they werent the big boys

then KC after our emotional thriller

idk. I don’t give them much credit for it - maybe I am under estimating.

I don’t find their 9 game win streak impressive at all

I don’t see their playoff run impressive 

and I do see they are REALLY lucky and have been all year

so whatever 

Bengals are very good.

You don’t fluke your way to a SB and then a divisional round game.

Have they gotten some breaks along their journey? Absolutely, like any team that makes a deep playoff run.

But overall they got a very good team with a top 3 QB in the league.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, finn said:

Pretty sure you could say the same about Mahomes and Burrow too.  Their backups are a huge step down. Who does Mahomes have other than Kelce? 

The Bills D has also been better than KC or Cincy too when it comes to points allowed.  

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Pretty sure you could say the same about Mahomes and Burrow too.  Their backups are a huge step down. Who does Mahomes have other than Kelce? 

The Bills D has been statistically better than KC or Cincy too when it comes to points allowed.  

Andy Reid. Best offensive mind in football and can out scheme basically anyone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Andy Reid. Best offensive mind in football and can out scheme basically anyone

OK?  Reid isn't on the football field, and you still need weapons to execute the plays.

So, the Chiefs don't skip a beat with Chad Henne at QB because of Andy Reid?  We all know that ain't happening.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

OK?  Reid isn't on the football field, and you still need weapons to execute the plays.

So, the Chiefs don't skip a beat with Chad Henne at QB because of Andy Reid?  We all know that ain't happening.

Chiefs lead the league in YAC by a wide margin. A lot of that is schemed throws/screens.

Well I mean, I think Andy got 14 wins with Alex smith.

Andy has a hall of fame QB and TE. That’s way more than enough for him.  (Their o line is also top 3 in football)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Chiefs lead the league in YAC by a wide margin. A lot of that is schemed throws/screens.

Well I mean, I think Andy got 14 wins with Alex smith.

Andy has a hall of fame QB and TE. That’s way more than enough for him.  (Their o line is also top 3 in football)

Alex Smith was already an established QB before even going to KC and has a career 87 rating.  Chad Henne is not even in the same ballpark talent wise.

And for as good a Reid is, he's won exactly 1 SB and that only happened once he had Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce. 

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Alex Smith was already an established QB before even going to KC and has a career 87 rating.  Chad Henne is not even in the same ballpark talent wise.

And for as good a Reid is, he's won exactly 1 SB and that only happened once he had Mahomes and Hill. 

You can definitely argue Andy has some flaws as a head coach, like time management. (Although I think he’s gotten a lot better as of late)

But what is pretty inarguable is the man can coach and scheme up offence. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

You can definitely argue Andy has some flaws as a head coach, like time management. (Although I think he’s gotten a lot better as of late)

But what is pretty inarguable is the man can coach and scheme up offence. 

Not going to argue with you there as far as his offensive mind.  Makes me wish McD was more of an offensive-minded coach. With Frazier, not much need for McD to get involved with the Defense.  

Talking about time management, McD was killing me with the T.O.s in the Miami game.

Edited by Billz4ever

28 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

The Bills D has also been better than KC or Cincy too when it comes to points allowed.  

Right. It comes down to which is more important to the success of a team with a star QB: a strong offensive line, a strong defense, or a strong set of receivers. I would say the Bills made the right choice going with defense. Trouble is, Miller and Hyde are injured, taking away much of that advantage. It's like if Chase on Bengals got hurt, or one or two of KCs lineman. 

I still think the Bills will win it all. The coaching, the team bond, and, most of all, Allen's ferocious will to win is the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Not going to argue with you there as far as his offensive mind.  Makes me wish McD was more of an offensive-minded coach. With Frazier, not much need for McD to get involved with the Defense.  

Talking about time management, McD was killing me with the T.O.s in the Miami game.

Oh same here drove me insane…

The most frustrating part? They never even worked.

Same thing with the 13 Second debacle last year

• Like (+1) 1