My 10 hopes for the playoff run

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

1.    Playoff Josh returns

2.   Beasley becomes the primary slot receiver and starts moving the sticks again

3.   Dorsey unveils the Nuclear Nyheim package

4 .  Ike Boettger nudges Saffold out of the starting lineup solidifying the O-line

5.   Micah Hyde returns to the field

6.   Tre White continues to regain his pre-injury form

7.   James Cook is used more in the short passing game and becomes a YAC god

8.   We have one rumbling bumbling stumbling defensive lineman TD along the way

9.   We beat the Cowboys in Super Bowl LVII exorcising all kinds of demons

10.  Kim Pegula and Damar Hamlin are well enough to enjoy the ride

11.) Playoff Gabe returns. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Fine, just not sure why this love for Beasley.  It's like pining for someone from high school 20 years later, expecting her to look the exact same.

He was cut by TB, get over it.

Curious take.

Why wouldn't I love Beasley?  

Not 20 years ago, but just last season the guy had 82 catches out of the slot for 693 yards on this team.  37 of those completions were for 1st downs.  Is there anyone on our roster playing the slot who has anywhere near that production this year?

He was active for 2 games for TB and had 4 catches on 5 targets and then decided he didn't want to play with Tom Terrific anymore.

I see zero evidence that he can't help this team by stepping into our woefully underperforming slot position.   Now that we are in the playoffs and they can call up practice squad players as often as they want, I suspect we're going to see a lot more of Beasley during this playoff run. 

If you're still dragging an anchor around over his vaccine stance then you, respectfully, need to get over it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Seventeen said:

My guess for least liklely would be 5 and 9

8 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

Yup

Yup

Yup

We just need new guys at wideout. For this year though, these two fellas likely need to step it up.

Or... Where you at, Odell? Playoffs are here

I disagree # 5 is going to happen-# 9 NO WAY Jerry & the Boys will be watching from home! I feel Micah & Poyer is the BEST NEWS  for Cincinnati & KC! Go Bills!!

19 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Curious take.

Why wouldn't I love Beasley?  

Not 20 years ago, but just last season the guy had 82 catches out of the slot for 693 yards on this team.  37 of those completions were for 1st downs.  Is there anyone on our roster playing the slot who has anywhere near that production this year?

He was active for 2 games for TB and had 4 catches on 5 targets and then decided he didn't want to play with Tom Terrific anymore.

I see zero evidence that he can't help this team by stepping into our woefully underperforming slot position.   Now that we are in the playoffs and they can call up practice squad players as often as they want, I suspect we're going to see a lot more of Beasley during this playoff run. 

If you're still dragging an anchor around over his vaccine stance then you, respectfully, need to get over it.

I love Beasley, but if I were hoping for something, it'd be that playoff Gabe returns or Shakir breaks out and has a beastly playoff performance from the slot. Eyes towards the future.

Also, I'd rather play the Eagles or Vikings in the SB.

22 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

1.    Playoff Josh returns

2.   Beasley becomes the primary slot receiver and starts moving the sticks again

3.   Dorsey unveils the Nuclear Nyheim package

4 .  Ike Boettger nudges Saffold out of the starting lineup solidifying the O-line

5.   Micah Hyde returns to the field

6.   Tre White continues to regain his pre-injury form

7.   James Cook is used more in the short passing game and becomes a YAC god

8.   We have one rumbling bumbling stumbling defensive lineman TD along the way

9.   We beat the Cowboys in Super Bowl LVII exorcising all kinds of demons

10.  Kim Pegula and Damar Hamlin are well enough to enjoy the ride

I am great with all of these and want them too.  8 and 9 aren't necessary, but, fun IF they happen.

IF 1-7 & 10 happen we will be very successful!

21 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Gabe Davis not dropping balls should be added to the list.

Yes, that should be added and would help us keep moving the chains and extending drives.  That would be a very good thing.

• Agree 1

If playoff Josh returns, the entire rest of the list will take care of itself.

If playoff Josh returns, and we somehow do not win the SB, what can you do as a fan?  You have to accept it.

This team will always live and die with Josh.  When he starts getting over the hill, we'll gradually revert to a .500 team again, and everyone will be talking about upcoming college QB talent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.