Taking care of big money. Houses first act.

We are well aware that the "87,000 figure" in the "Inflation Reduction Act (😂)  for the IRS are not all "agents".

In fact, in  FY 2021, the IRS used 78,661 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions in conducting its work......https://www.irs.gov/statistics/irs-budget-and-workforce

Lets just say when ANY government agency is funded by the Left to DOUBLE it's employees,

It is not a good thing and should be (rightly) questioned.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

We are well aware that the "87,000 figure" in the "Inflation Reduction Act (😂)  for the IRS are not all "agents".

In fact, in  FY 2021, the IRS used 78,661 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions in conducting its work......https://www.irs.gov/statistics/irs-budget-and-workforce

Lets just say when ANY government agency is funded by the Left to DOUBLE it's employees,

It is not a good thing and should be (rightly) questioned.

This post sponsored by big business, big pharma, the Kochs, Amazon, etc. 

Starve the IRS so it can only go after the working class. The real problem in this country is that the rich don’t have enough money while the poor have too much!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. I don’t know your situation, and I’m sure the majority of business owners are on the up and up. 
Look, I hate our tax system. If I could be assured that the progressive income tax would never come back, I’d be all for a VAT/consumption tax + a low flat tax to finance the government. Tax compliance exerts a dead weight cost on all US economic activity. 
But that’s not what we have now, so we need to trust but verify. And audits are hated, but how else do you verify?

Well we agree then on more than you might think. And, I think if high earning taxpayers didn’t think they were throw their money down an out of control rat hole you’d see even less tax aversion. Until EVERYONE has skin in the game nothing changes….which is exactly how the political class wants it. 

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

So you agree that the IRS is terribly run? Wonderful! 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I believe with Dem oversight, they would go after big money.  And the effort would pay for itself many, many times over.  I don't think 1 agent/10000 very high earners is a bad ratio

Thank you for showing my the level of math you can do- it is 1 agent per 10 for each million dollar income and 1 per 200 families earning 250k per year. I am very curious why you "believe" Dems will go after big money? What have they done in the past few decades to prop that up for you?

35 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you agree that the IRS is terribly run?

The system is a terrible one. 
I will bring up Trump again not (believe me! You won’t) for political reasons, but just because his and the Trump Org’s tax returns are in the news. 
Trump Org man Alan Weisselberg pleaded guilty to tax fraud. The fraud: the Trump Org paid his kid’s private school tuition (in Manhattan, so that’s big private college type money), and he didn’t claim that payment as personal income. Really an easy case. You can’t do that as his kid’s education doesn’t benefit the company. 
He makes a ton of money. Let’s say the tuition was $100,000 over two years. If the Trump Org had paid him $100,00 more in salary, he would’ve brought home about $48,000. (Fed + NYS + NYC). So doing this scam netted him about $50,000. Not a ton of money for him, and he risked getting convicted/going to jail for $50,000. 
He risked it because he knew there was almost no chance this scheme would’ve been revealed. Except he was wrong, because everything Trump is under scrutiny now. You can debate whether that’s fair or good. You can debate whether exorbitant marginal tax rates cause such behavior. You can’t debate that this was tax fraud. It was. And under our ridiculously complex system, only an audit discovers that fraud, which no doubt takes places in tens (hundreds? Millions?) of other places all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Awesome! Defund the irs!

Leeches 

look at the job openings on their website- they are recruiting agents from all sorts of disciplines like education and stem… and requiring security clearance… 

wtf does an auditor need that for??

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Awesome! Defund the irs!

Leeches 

look at the job openings on their website- they are recruiting agents from all sorts of disciplines like education and stem… and requiring security clearance… 

FBI recruits many accountants - follow the money.

13 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Awesome! Defund the irs!

Leeches 

Millionaires for billionaires - how cute.

starting a thread about a posive move that got all the left to vote that they support this IRS army.

Right now we got 2K special agents. Why the heck would we need that number to climb to 50K  plus

ITs like some cant grasp this country was formed on tenants. one was NOT being taxed on one's labor. 

Then the income tax amendment came into play, in order to get the FEDERAL reserve to grow. 

And was sold as only 1% on the very rich.  And would never result on income taxes being levied on the other 99%.

And a good example of why many dont trust empty words from corporate owned tools with Long records of lying and lacking integrity.

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

starting a thread about a posive move that got all the left to vote that they support this IRS army.

Right now we got 2K special agents. Why the heck would we need that number to climb to 50K  plus

ITs like some cant grasp this country was formed on tenants. one was NOT being taxed on one's labor. 

Then the income tax amendment came into play, in order to get the FEDERAL reserve to grow. 

And was sold as only 1% on the very rich.  And would never result on income taxes being levied on the other 99%.

And a good example of why many dont trust empty words from corporate owned tools with Long records of lying and lacking integrity.

DR has you trained so well - freakn hilarious 

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Long records of lying and lacking integrity.

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The GOP! The Party of the Common Man!

Based on the brief summary I saw of the bill, I wouldn’t want it to pass and it won’t. 
But … I’m glad someone is starting the debate again. The debate about reforming the tax code to be less focused on income and more on consumption. Yes, this would be regressive if passes as is, but there are ways of addressing that. The worst thing to do is to add yet another layer of complexity to the current income tax system, and that’s where we’re headed unless/until Congress is ready to rethink a more fair and efficient way of funding the government. Two cheers for some wingnut named Buddy. 

On 1/10/2023 at 9:59 AM, JaCrispy said:

This is such a naive thread…Dems are Big Money, as big money runs the government…

It makes no sense for them to suppress their donors…But it does make sense to try to suppress the people attempting to expose the corruption…

All you have to do is look at every action the Biden administration has done to put down “the little guy” and then look at every action they have taken to side with Big Pharma, Big Tech and the Big Banks…

The Dems are Big Money…

https://qz.com/american-billionaires-political-spending-overwhelmingl-1849751449

7 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Basically every GOP policy falls into one of three buckets:

1. Transfer the nation’s wealth into the hands of the wealthy 

2. Gain and/or maintain control at all costs to facilitate #1

3. Create emotional reactions (usually anger) in the base so they come out and vote to accomplish #2, which facilitates #1.

Its also why basically every policy fails a simple root cause evaluation  

The idea that supporting the GOP helps the average American is a fantasy. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1