Biden, A Good American President, Pilfers Classified Docs

16 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Actually obstruction generally would be the biggest problem. Possessing the documents illegally is rarely prosecuted if people cooperate with authorities. 

The biggest problem is classified data being seen by the wrong eyes, and falling into the wrong hands. That goes for the Trump case and the Biden case. God only knows what the crackhead would do to line his pockets if he was in possession of classified information. There’s no way that could’ve happened though, right? So long as it’s returned six years later. No harm no foul.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

The biggest problem is classified data being seen by the wrong eyes, and falling into the wrong hands. That goes for the Trump case and the Biden case. God only knows what the crackhead would do to line his pockets if he was in possession of classified information. There’s no way that could’ve happened though, right? So long as it’s returned six years later. No harm no foul.

Thank you.  I didn't think this needed to be said out loud.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

A second batch at another site has reportedly been found.  This is going to get bad for Biden. 

Also, we need to recognize that in Biden's case he was the former VP.  I expect the Presidential records act and other conditions, provisions, and protections that apply to the President do not extend to the Vice President or other former members of the executive branch.  

• Like (+1) 1

lol corrupt media already playing it down.

https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/msnbc-opinion/biden-classified-documents-trump-rcna65070

Biden isn’t on the same legal planet as Trump when it comes to classified docs

Don’t be fooled by GOP talking points that Biden is guilty of Trump-level deception. There’s no case against Biden based on what we know so far.

US is a third world country already, funded by sheep uninformed taxpayers. It's all going to crumble within 20 years.

That's why they are desperately filling the country with illegals.

The credit card is maxed, the politicians and every level of governments is polluted with corruption.

Rome has fallen, again.

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Also, we need to recognize that in Biden's case he was the former VP.  I expect the Presidential records act and other conditions, provisions, and protections that apply to the President do not extend to the Vice President or other former members of the executive branch.  

Oh, they definitely don’t.  Which is why you have people like Tibs making a hypocrite of himself, saying that Obama could have the declassified them, but the same doesn’t apply to Trump.  

Edited by Doc
Correcting stupid iPhone autocorrect

16 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don’t think there are any rights for a Vice President or President to have government documents after they leave office. 

Assigning the Biden case to a Trump-appointed US Attorney was the right call here. 

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

A second batch at another site has reportedly been found.  This is going to get bad for Biden. 

He probably only pilfered those documents so that Trump could not pilfer them years later. We should be thanking Biden. 

(insert name-calling and overused Trump gif here)

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t think there are any rights for a Vice President or President to have government documents after they leave office. 

Assigning the Biden case to a Trump-appointed US Attorney was the right call here. 

You’re the legal scholar here. Wouldn’t Trump simply say “I thought I had declassified those documents”? Biden on the other hand has no such defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re the legal scholar here. Wouldn’t Trump simply say “I thought I had declassified those documents”? Biden on the other hand has no such defense. 

Because it doesn’t matter if the documents were declassified or not, they were government property he wasn’t supposed to possess.

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Because it doesn’t matter if the documents were declassified or not, they were government property he wasn’t supposed to possess.

Wait….The President cannot have any documents when he leaves office? Are you sure? And if So then Biden is equally guilty. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So then Biden is equally guilty. 

Yes, Biden is guilty of having government documents he shouldn’t have. 

However, simple possession is rarely prosecuted if people cooperate with law enforcement since their main goal is to get the property back, so they want to encourage cooperation. 

At this point, that’s the difference between the situations: when Biden’s team found the documents, they immediately notified authorities and turned them over while Trump obstructed law enforcement. 

Biden’s case is being managed by a Trump-appointed US Attorney so we’ll see if more evidence comes out about how he handled this. If it was simply packing up a bunch of stuff and not realizing he had the docs, there won’t be a punishment. If it was something more nefarious, he could be in legal jeopardy. 

• Like (+1) 1

Republicans, FBI and the media should investigate the crap out of this story as with Trump’s classified document possession scandal. Clearly the government has systemic issues with controlling the distribution and recovery of classified documents. That problem should be fixed. Maybe that is an issue Ds and Rs can work together on fixing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Republicans, FBI and the media should investigate the crap out of this story as with Trump’s classified document possession scandal. Clearly the government has systemic issues with controlling the distribution and recovery of classified documents. That problem should be fixed. Maybe that is an issue Ds and Rs can work together on fixing. 

Somethings definitely not working correctly if people keep walking off the job with government property.