Rumor: McDaniel could be fired if Fins lose to the Jets and miss playoffs

Greg S

1 hour ago, DJB said:

I hope they fire McDaniel. He’s been good for Tua

McDaniels is only good for Tua if he was a set of power armor.  

Physically he cannot handle game and in Jim Kelly era he could not handle a season.

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They would be absolutely stupid to fire McDaniel. He inherited Tua and turned chicken ***** into chicken salad as far as I’m concerned + he turned that offense into something viable. Beat the Bills and played them down to the wire at Buffalo the 2nd game. They are still in the playoff hunt and won a lot more games than I thought they would. Yes, Tua has been inconsistent, but I’m sure he would’ve won at least one of those games that Bridgewater dropped. With a top 10 QB their offense would be absolutely lethal. I thank God everyday they passed on Herbert (and Brees back in the day for Culpepper.) I don’t think they’ll ever compete consistently w/ us for the AFCE crown until they get someone decent under center, but they may steal it one of these years if Allen ever went down or if they build a beast running attack.

If anything they outcoached themselves calling those passing plays on 3rd and short when they were running it nicely. It’s his first year though and maybe he’ll learn from it. 

Phish beat the Bills in one of the hottest games on record with 30 degree difference.

10 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Physically he cannot handle game and in Jim Kelly era he could not handle a season.

Phish beat the Bills in one of the hottest games on record with 30 degree difference.

Yes , the defense was Fd up and it was hot as hell,  but the Bills still had no problem moving the ball. Allen and & co generated 500+ total yards of offense  while the Fins barely cracked 220. That’s good coaching when you’re getting annihilated offensively and still able to pull off a win. 

10 hours ago, Magox said:

What a ***** show if this report is true.

Yeah, they imploded but there were plenty of green chutes for them to hang on to continue with McDaniel.

If they fire him they deserve to be a dumpster fire.

The Miami Dolphins have demonstrably been a s#!% show since long before this report. 

They already deserve to be a dumpster fire. 

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

But even in the Josh Allen era he (Tua) cannot handle a season, physically. Nevermind back when QBs were sitting ducks and maybe played well into their early-to-mid 30s.

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

This would be foolish imo.

I don't think McDaniel is a homerun or anything, but he was brought in to revamp that offense along with your other acquisitions. He accomplished that.

2021: 17th in passing/ 30th in rushing/ 25th in yards per game/ 22nd in points per game

2022: 3rd in passing/ 26th in rushing/ 6th in yards per game/ 10th in points per game

Problem is the defense regressed, which we knew wasn't his strong suit anyway. 

Defense:

2021: 15th in yards per game/ 16th in points

2022: 20th in yards per game/ 27th in points

We also know Tua has potential, but he's far too injury-prone at this point to continue playing. There's really no way I'd ever feel comfortable putting him out on the field, as every new concussion has the risk of permanently ruining his life. Dolphins should be looking to sign a new QB & upgrade defensive coordinators.

There is an argument (not saying I totally buy it, but hear me out) that they had a very good DC acting as HC and as such the offense was a mess and they replaced him with a very good OC acting as HC and as such the defense is a mess.

I think that is a bit harsh to both Flores and McDaniel but I think both were relatively inexperienced guys when hired and as such didn't have a clear developed view of what they wanted the "other" side of the ball to look like. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You're comparing Mike McDaniel( ) to John Harbaugh?

Yes & no.

Two different teams, two similar situations. Ratbirds have slumped at the end of the season 2 years in a row. Miami doing the same thing this season. Both teams with QB injuries, and bothe QBs have questions about their starting QB moving forward. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.