What if the Bills refuse to play the Patriots?

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

They HAVE to = Because you say so

It's their job. They have to play again. If this happened with someone you worked with that you were close to, you have to go back to work, right? You may not be up for it, or wanna do it, but bottom line is, you have to. This isn't hard

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

You people are all missing the point lol

Read earlier in the thread and you'll see me saying that the Bills are going to play the game and that the NFL can't tolerate the franchise not doing it.  But it's the players who have the actual power here even if the team gets punished.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

It's their job. They have to play again. If this happened with someone you worked with that you were close to, you have to go back to work, right? You may not be up for it, or wanna do it, but bottom line is, you have to. This isn't hard

Could I not quit my job and do something else?

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

No, you literally don't have to.  You can quit any job.  I repeat, I don't want that to happen.  I don't think it will.  But nobody HAS to do anything.

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Do you guys really believe the Bills players (at this time )care about the #1 seed.

I hate to break it to you, nope, they don't.

I think they do. Its secondary right now but I would bet none of them have said lets throw our goals out of window and give up. The priority is on supporting their brother, but will return to business. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think the Bills will play.  If they chose not to, I wouldnt have a problem with it.  Who am I to judge or be mad at a team that pretty much just watched their brother die on the field and is currently fighting for his life in the hospital.  Thats a lot of trauma to witness and everyone reacts handles those emotions differently.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

No, you literally don't have to.  You can quit any job.  I repeat, I don't want that to happen.  I don't think it will.  But nobody HAS to do anything.

But the odds of someone quitting over that probably won't happen. And the Bills as a team can't just quit going to work. Maybe the whole nfl should just shut down. This is insane

Just now, WotAGuy said:

What exactly is “it”?   Your personal decision about how they need to handle their lives?  😂

Let me ask you in terms you might understand better, what happens to the league, if the Bills only play 15 games, the Bengals play 16 and the rest of the league plays 17? In literally a 2 week time frame this all has to be decided. How would they proceed with the playoffs?

I was listening to Booger on TV, and he was saying that if he was a current teammate, he would not suit up for an NFL football game again until there was 100% assurance that Damar was going to be fine. He said it’s too much emotion in a game and he would not be in the mindset to play now.

So if we assume even a fraction of the current Bills feel like this, they legitimately could decide not to play.  And Troy Vincent i believe indicated that McDermott was having a very difficult time too.

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

Let me ask you in terms you might understand better, what happens to the league, if the Bills only play 15 games, the Bengals play 16 and the rest of the league plays 17? In literally a 2 week time frame this all has to be decided. How would they proceed with the playoffs?

I’m sure the league has smart enough people to figure how to deal with that extremely unlikely scenario. The fact that you don’t like that happening or can’t fathom what would happen, if it did, doesn’t mean they can’t figure out a solution. 

14 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s not so much that they won’t eventually move on, it’s anonymous posters telling them what they “need” to do and how soon they “need” to do it. It’s hilarious actually. Even if the player agreed with what you’re saying they would still make sure you know your opinion of what they need to do doesn’t matter. 

I doubt that too.  Professional football players are human beings, just like you and me.  Very adults would be wiling to say "I know you saw somebody on fire from a car accident, but my trauma is worse than yours."  Like, not a soul would say that.   

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nope, it is being discussed in the media, this is a real possibility 

Think about what you just wrote …..how often does “discussed in the media” actually equate to “a real possibility”

lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.