Bills signJared Mayden release Rhodes

Einstein

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So we keep Rhodes even if he’s terrible just because he has experience?

Tre White
58.1 PFF
15/28 targets
53.6% completion
14.4 yards/completion
90.8 rating

Dane Jackson
56.7 PFF
43/75
57.3% completion
11.6 yards/completion
79.8 rating

Kaiir Elam
59.3 PFF
31/45
68.9% completion
10.5 yards/completion
86.1 rating

Christian Benford
55.7 PFF
17/28
60.7% completion
13.6 yards/completion
84.1 rating

Taron Johnson
64.9 PFF
61/90
67.8% completion
9.4 yards/completion
102.6 rating

Xavier Rhodes
51.1 PFF
5/7
71.4% completion
9.8 yards/completion
90.8 rating

Siran Neal
57.4 PFF 
5/12
41.7% completion
5.0 yards/completion
49.3 rating

Cam Lewis

47.9 PFF

2/3 completion

66.7% completion

23.0 yards/completion

109.7 rating

I would keep Rhodes because he has 9-years starting experience in the NFL. 

I think the stats prove your point some, he is around the lowest rated corner we had, but if you look at the grades, with the exception of Elam who needs to be on the field over Tre White, these guys are interchangeable. None of them are rating all that highly. 

The start the Bengals game, and the Dolphins game would indicate Tre doesn't have long speed at the moment. I don't think the coaches will make the change though. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tre White
58.1 PFF
15/28 targets
53.6% completion
14.4 yards/completion
90.8 rating

Dane Jackson
56.7 PFF
43/75
57.3% completion
11.6 yards/completion
79.8 rating

Kaiir Elam
59.3 PFF
31/45
68.9% completion
10.5 yards/completion
86.1 rating

Christian Benford
55.7 PFF
17/28
60.7% completion
13.6 yards/completion
84.1 rating

Taron Johnson
64.9 PFF
61/90
67.8% completion
9.4 yards/completion
102.6 rating

Xavier Rhodes
51.1 PFF
5/7
71.4% completion
9.8 yards/completion
90.8 rating

Siran Neal
57.4 PFF 
5/12
41.7% completion
5.0 yards/completion
49.3 rating

Cam Lewis

47.9 PFF

2/3 completion

66.7% completion

23.0 yards/completion

109.7 rating

I would keep Rhodes because he has 9-years starting experience in the NFL. 

I think the stats prove your point some, he is around the lowest rated corner we had, but if you look at the grades, with the exception of Elam who needs to be on the field over Tre White, these guys are interchangeable. None of them are rating all that highly. 

The start the Bengals game, and the Dolphins game would indicate Tre doesn't have long speed at the moment. I don't think the coaches will make the change though. 

PFF player grades is not evidence or proof....come on.

Do you know who watches film and sees them in practice every day?  McDermott and Frazier.  But it seems they missed on this because they didn't use PFF grades?

According to PFF, Andy Dalton is the 5th best QB this year.

Jalen Ramsey has had a bad year...PFF say's he's the 3rd best corner.  They have him ahead of Jaire Alexander lol.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

PFF player grades is not evidence or proof....come on.

Do you know who watches film and sees them in practice every day?  McDermott and Frazier.  But it seems they missed on this because they didn't use PFF grades?

According to PFF, Andy Dalton is the 5th best QB this year.

Jalen Ramsey has had a bad year...PFF say's he's the 3rd best corner.  They have him ahead of Jaire Alexander lol.

That’s why every team in the league pays PFF and their grading. 

Again, I didn’t use it as “proof”.

I put that together to show relative performance, and said YOU were right. Rhodes is among the lower performers in our room albeit on 1.5 games.

It probably is a moot point anyways because our coaching staff isn't going to play him.

I just think at times this FO/Coaching Staff overthinks these fringe players and puts them on the active roster, and keeps them there for too long. 

It’s been mentioned before how McDermott has an affinity for Special Teamers only, or how we haven’t cross trained our secondary well enough to play multiple positions.

I think Rhodes a player, could help us more than Mayden. He’s just been in the NFL and starting for years, Mayden is undrafted and trying to latch on. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

That’s why every team in the league pays PFF and their grading. 

Again, I didn’t use it as “proof”.

I put that together to show relative performance, and said YOU were right. Rhodes is among the lower performers in our room albeit on 1.5 games.

It probably is a moot point anyways because our coaching staff isn't going to play him.

I just think at times this FO/Coaching Staff overthinks these fringe players and puts them on the active roster, and keeps them there for too long. 

It’s been mentioned before how McDermott has an affinity for Special Teamers only, or how we haven’t cross trained our secondary well enough to play multiple positions.

I think Rhodes a player, could help us more than Mayden. He’s just been in the NFL and starting for years, Mayden is undrafted and trying to latch on. 

You think the Bills are paying PFF for their grading system?  They're paying someone else to break down their own film and grade their own players?

Here's the thing.  Rhodes is a fringe player himself....he was on the couch when the Bills called.  You're criticizing them for bringing on fringe players but then arguing they should have kept another fringe player.

If you're going to be a back up who doesn't usually see the field and doesn't play special teams....that's wasting a roster spot because that player doesn't contribute on the field.  A special teamer at least does that.

On 1/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, Flipnmi said:

This post is incredibly disappointing to me. I have long felt that it is absolutely ridiculous for someone that likely wasn't athletic enough to even play highschool football, to openly say that an athlete that was able to make it to the NFL level "sucks", much less a guy that has had a career like this man has. It's okay to be critical and say that he just can't play at the level that is required, but they ALL deserve more respect than to be labeled like this.  If this week hasn't taught us that, I guess nothing ever will.  I had been really hopeful that Damar's situation would shift the perspective for at least a couple weeks, but unfortunately it only took a couple days for the venom to reappear.  We all really need to be better than this!  

Peterman doesn’t suck.  I’m sorry.

22 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You think the Bills are paying PFF for their grading system?  They're paying someone else to break down their own film and grade their own players?

They are paying PFF a six figure fee every year for access to all of the information they generate.

The argument that they are just paying them to track things like personnel formations is laughable..........the league itself tracks that info and the team could hire an upaid intern to compile that kind of data.

27 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Any idea what the plans are?? 1st rd pick has been inactive for games. Doesn't get much playing time when active. Continues to play CBs that gets beat often. 

From a football standpoint on Monday, you could see two things:

The offense moved the ball against the Bengals D, especially with Allen and Cook in the run game. 

But Tre was noticeably beat by Chase, Boyd and Higgins.

The Bills coaches don’t seem convinced that Tre could be helped by splitting his reps (and Jackson’s for that matter), with Elam and Benford.

In Week 18 I could see Elam and Benford playing more just to get through the game healthy, but given this Coaching Staff’s history, I expect Tre, Jackson, and Johnson in the Playoffs.

No idea how Mayden helps, I haven’t seen Marlowe since the trade, we’ve seen Jaquan back there, so it’s Poyer and Cam Lewis I guess. 

12 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

Signed by Dallas

That is good for him. I really felt bad for him. In the of the most unprecedented crisis a football team has ever had to face and everything is on hold, but they still had time to be sure you were cut. Wow! A stark reminded this is still a business.

Maybe it was his choice not to come back to the PS, but it still had to be hard to take. Glad he gets another opportunity somewhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.