Playoff Solutions Assuming they don’t replay the Bengals game.

Locomark

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It's an either/or option. They'll either split HFA and the bye OR ask for the AFCCG to be played on a neutral field if circumstances dictate. Not both.

Ooooh, I see. I thought you meant the options were:

A) Homefield advantage throughout all 3 games of the post-season but give the Bills a BYE

B) Get a BYE, but games against Bills/Bengals becomes neutral site

Now it makes more sense.

Just now, BigDingus said:

Ooooh, I see. I thought you meant the options were:

A) Homefield advantage throughout all 3 games of the post-season but give the Bills a BYE

B) Get a BYE, but games against Bills/Bengals becomes neutral site

Now it makes more sense.

Apologies, should have made it clearer.

So the latest the NFL network and ESPN are suggesting being tossed around is that should the Bills and KC win is they will decide by winning % and let the Chiefs pick between the bye or home field throughout the playoffs but not both. So KC would most likely pick the bye and we would get 3 home games. the other Option is KC gets the Bye and the AFCC game is played at a neutral site like Indy if Buffalo or the Bengals are in it. 

16 minutes ago, Locomark said:

So the latest the NFL network and ESPN are suggesting being tossed around is that should the Bills and KC win is they will decide by winning % and let the Chiefs pick between the bye or home field throughout the playoffs but not both. So KC would most likely pick the bye and we would get 3 home games. the other Option is KC gets the Bye and the AFCC game is played at a neutral site like Indy if Buffalo or the Bengals are in it. 

If this is the NFL’s solution then I’d love it if the Chiefs willingly gave the Bills homefield. It feels like an impossible choice but the Bills have already been run through the gauntlet. It feels right in a perverse way.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Am I missing something? Isn't winning percentage for a 14/17 (.8235) team slightly better than a winning percentage of a 13/16 (.8125)?

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Am I missing something? Isn't winning percentage for a 14/17 (.8235) team slightly better than a winning percentage of a 13/16 (.8125)?

Yes, that’s why the Chiefs would get to choose (assuming both Kansas City and Buffalo win this week).

3 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

KC would have higher win % if they beat Raiders. Then:

1.) AFC Champ at Neutral site if CIN or BUF play KC

And/Or

2.) 1 Seed KC splits benefits with 2 Seed.

Selects BYE or Home Field. 2 Seed gets whatever they don’t take.

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Here’s an idea. (Not saying I like it)

NFL would like it. More $$$

Add an 8th team.

Division winners all get a Bye.

1, 2, 3, 4:  BYE

5 vs 8

6 vs 7 

1 vs 6 or 7 or 8

2 vs 5 or 6 or 7

3 vs 4 or 5 

4 vs 3 or 5 

Doesn’t  work out - after week 1 you are at 6 teams then 3.

If you have 8 teams you have to have 0 byes.

To give 4 byes - you would have to expand to 12 teams in each conference.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Rochesterfan said:

Doesn’t  work out - after week 1 you are at 6 teams then 3.

If you have 8 teams you have to have 0 byes.

To give 4 byes - you would have to expand to 12 teams in each conference.

Plus, even if the numbers worked out, they would need an extra week to get through the games.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bills need to forfeit the Bengals game. It's one of the only results that doesn't compromise the integrity of the playoffs, since a potential Buffalo-Cincinnati game would be played in Cincy, like the game this past week should've been. If we somehow end up with a bye and/or homefield, any Super Bowl victory will have a giant asterisk. 

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan

2 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Bills need to forfeit the Bengals game. It's the only result that doesn't compromise the integrity of the playoffs, since a potential Buffalo-Cincinnati game would be played in Cincy. If we somehow end up with a bye and/or homefield, any Super Bowl victory will have a giant asterisk. 

100% disagree. Call the game No Contest. 
Go by winning % (KC likely gets 1)

Split 1 seed benefits or AFC title neutral site

I still say my idea of Coin Flip best of 3 to decide Bills Bengals is a simple and fair idea that has no real negative or positive effect on other teams. (Bills win coin flips, KC loses 1 seed….but 50/50 they would have anyway)

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 minute ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Bills need to forfeit the Bengals game. It's the only result that doesn't compromise the integrity of the playoffs, since a potential Buffalo-Cincinnati game would be played in Cincy. If we somehow end up with a bye and/or homefield, any Super Bowl victory will have a giant asterisk. 

Even though the Bills may have beaten the Bengals, given the chance?

I personally like the idea of the chiefs picking either the 1st round bye or AFC Championship Game home field.  Then 2nd seed gets which ever they don't pick.  So Bills  play wild card weekend but would host KC if they both make it to AFC Championship.  Or,  they get a week off but would go back to arrow head for AFC championship.  Seems fair.  Cincinnati could also end up in Bills position as the 2 seed.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Lmao it absolutely would not. No one is going to look back and give a damn about where the divisional round game was played. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.