Whoa...JAX could make it in as a Wild Card even if they lose!

The Red King

I wanted to play nosy and took a peek.  If JAX wins, they of course win the division.  But even if they lose, they would get a Wild Card if NE, MIA and PIT all lose (due to conference records).  And honestly that's not beyond the realm of possibility, given their respective opponents (BUF, NYJ, CLE).  Staggering to think there is an unlikely, but still decently possible way that JAX and TEN both make the playoffs.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I think JAX is going to beat TEN, but even the idea of JAX being alive for a Wild Card should they lose is stunning

Just now, The Red King said:

I wanted to play nosy and took a peek.  If JAX wins, they of course win the division.  But even if they lose, they would get a Wild Card if NE, MIA and PIT all lose (due to conference records).  And honestly that's not beyond the realm of possibility, given their respective opponents (BUF, NYJ, CLE).  Staggering to think there is an unlikely, but still decently possible way that JAX and TEN both make the playoffs.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I think JAX is going to beat TEN, but even the idea of JAX being alive for a Wild Card should they lose is stunning

Shocked Face Wow GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Jax won’t lose to Dobbs. 

Oh, I agree.  Why I said...

Now, don't get me wrong.  I think JAX is going to beat TEN

Just wild to think that JAX is in a position to win a Wild Card spot.  Hell, even if TEN hadn't imploded and won the division the Jags would currently be 7th seed going into week 18.  Given it's...well...JAX, it's remarkable.

13 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

Jax is hot at the right time. They could be a tough out in the playoffs, except that they lack playoff experience. 

Agree, they are getting hot at the right time but the NFL season is a grind. That's a young team and a lot of those players have never had to play postseason games. Playing in the postseason requires another gear.

14 hours ago, The Red King said:

i mentioned this in another thread

i also said JAX woukd win division in the prediction thread.

Jax is a team you don’t want to play, that’s a team playing like the Bills 2020 team.  Young QB hitting stride, Etienne absolutely killing it and a SB winning coach, I don’t think anybody wants to deal with them. 

Edited by DCofNC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.