Week 17 Flex: Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens moved to Sunday Night Football

chongli

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Week-17-Flex-Scheduling---Steelers-Ravens-Moves-to-Sunday-Night-Football.aspx

The Week 17 Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens game on Sunday, January 1 will be played at 8:20 PM ET on NBC and the Rams-Chargers game will move to 4:25 PM ET on CBS, the NFL announced today. 

Edited by chongli

• chongli changed the title to Week 17 Flex: Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens moved to Sunday Night Football
3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Should have moved the Pats/Miami game.  At least that one has playoff implications.

It might have been protected by CBS. It is their number one lead game next week, with Nantz and Romo Ian Eagle and Charles Davis calling it. [EDIT: Nantz and Romo were actually assigned to the late game between Minnesota and GB.]

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BlazinBill said:

Yeah - this is awful but unfortunately the Steelers may squeeze In the  playoffs winning out and getting some help from others- very unlikely yes but given those circumstances this game means more- Chargers are pretty much a lock to take the 6th seed- maybe...

They might even get the 5th, since if Baltimore loses to Cincy in Week 18, the Chargers and Ravens would be tied, but the Chargers would have the better conference record.

54 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think Baltimore being flexed into next Sundays game pretty much solidifies that the final Sunday night game will be Jax/Tenn. I had thought Cinn/Balt would get that final Sunday night game. But no way they will give Baltimore the two final Sunday night games. 

Not necessarily.  if Jax wins next week against Houston, and Tennessee loses to Dallas, Jax would clinch the divsion, since even with a loss in Week 18 to Tennessee, they would still have a better conference record (head to head and divsion record would be identical). Therefore, it still could be Baltimore and Cincy on SNF in Week 18 (or some other teams too). [Corrected by @MasterStrategist]

Edited by chongli

8 minutes ago, chongli said:

They might even get the 5th, since if Baltimore loses to Cincy in Week 18, the Chargers and Ravens would be tied, but the Chargers would have the better conference record.

Not necessarily.  if Jax wins next week against Houston, and Tennessee loses to Dallas, Jax would clinch the divsion, since even with a loss in Week 18 to Tennessee, they would still have a better conference record (head to head and divsion record would be identical). Therefore, it still could be Baltimore and Cincy on SNF in Week 18 (or some other teams too).

Your comments about Ten are incorrect.  They are 3-2 in their division, and would have the tie breaker if they beat Jax week 18.

Week 17 means nothing about who wins the Afc south.  It's all about week 18, and for that reason, it will be the flexed game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Your comments about Ten are incorrect.  They are 3-2 in their division, and would have the tie breaker if they beat Jax week 18.

Week 17 means nothing about who wins the Afc south.  It's all about week 18, and for that reason, it will be the flexed game.

Well then, duh on me! You are correct. (I still wouldn't count out Baltimore getting flexed two weeks in a row though. Baltimore-Cincy is a much better game than Jax-Tennessee.)

Edited by chongli

28 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Part of me would love to see Jacksonville surpass Tennessee for the AFCS.  I just hate the Titans. But OTOH I'm not sure I want to see Jacksonville in the tournament.  The Titans would be a much easier game for the Bills.

I think Jacksonville could more likely upset Bengals or Chiefs.  They are a very odd team.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, chongli said:

Well then, duh on me! You are correct. (I still wouldn't count out Baltimore getting flexed two weeks in a row though. Baltimore-Cincy is a much better game than Jax-Tennessee.)

Yeah, one will be on saturday, the other sunday. Baltimore vs cincy might make more sense on SNF since cincy plays on MNF this week. Jax vs Ten goes on Saturday. I think the saturday games are on ABC as well as ESPN so same audience size as NBC. Either works.

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 2

On 12/25/2022 at 11:06 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

steelers will win that game for sure though IMO. And that will likely keep their playoff hopes alive going into week 18.

By my tally, Steelers are going to need both the Dolphins and Jets to lose this week, in order to still have playoff hopes by Sunday night.  NE and Seattle both COULD win those matchups, although some good battles ahead.

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

By my tally, Steelers are going to need both the Dolphins and Jets to lose this week, in order to still have playoff hopes by Sunday night.  NE and Seattle both COULD win those matchups, although some good battles ahead.

I agree, and then they’d have to hope the Jets beat the Dolphins on the final weekend of regular season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Re-posting as there's been a response to my original reply. Thinking about it, I believe I'm right in saying the Steelers have an outside chance if the Dolphins lose but Jets win at the weekend? But that's only if the Jets and Dolphins play out a tie in week 18; then both teams will be on 8-8-1, and the Steelers can leapfrog by winning out.

Edited by UKBillFan

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Re-posting as there's been a response to my original reply. Thinking about it, I believe I'm right in saying the Steelers have an outside chance if the Dolphins lose but Jets win at the weekend? But that's only if the Jets and Dolphins play out a tie in week 18; then both teams will be on 8-8-1, and the Steelers can leapfrog by winning out.

Ah yes, I think that’d be one other possibility (improbable as it would be).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.