Dawson Knox: Refs made up 15 yard snowball penalty ❄️

Buffalo Dude

48 minutes ago, Buffalo Dude said:

Not condoning the throwing of snowballs, but wondering:

Was this in retaliation of the strategically designed Dolphin stadium that puts opposing players in the sun while the home team is in the shade?

or was this just Bills fans being silly?

Fans were drunker than usual because it was a Saturday night game. It was more of a 10-Cent Beer Night in Cleveland situation than some sort of "strategic revenge". You give Buffalo fans too much credit. 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, QCity said:

Don't throw anything on the field.

I guess your against di***s too. So no ice di***s? [in Ali G voice] "I once saw this really fit bird with an ice di** and it was really sumfing, man. Until it, like, melted."

Sacha Baron Cohen Trump GIF by Stan.

Edited by Nephilim17
  • Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Besides the ignorance of this post, the issue is people on the sidelines and elsewhere trying to do their jobs and getting hit in the head or face with a wet snowball is ridiculous.  The “snow”balls landing on the field weren’t soft, fluffy snow; they were dense enough to survive the impact of landing and there were many snowballs still intact on the ground. People with the “me first and only” attitudes just can’t fathom thinking of others, much less other’s rights to not be assaulted with projectiles. 

soft

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

So if you go to a restaurant and there’s a knife on the table, is it ok to throw it at the person at the next table?  

comparing the two is silly

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

throwing snowballs at one another in the stands is cool. throwing snowballs that can potentially be ice balls at the oppositions bench, not cool.

I know I'll catch a lot of slack but it really is not a good look, at all.

I agree it's not a good look and really wasn't a big fan at all during the game - but do people not remember bottles and batteries being thrown back in the day.

It's just a snow ball - that's all- a coach from Miami who wished it was colder and said it's all a mental thing kinda triggered the events that occurred in the stadium and then whines to the refs - mom they are snow balls and some have ice- again a bad look but don't downplay and act all like nothing bothers you and then cry the minute you don't like what it actually means to e I. This area.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

soft

Exactly. Obviously everyone knows this can’t be a recurring thing but on a cold night where an enormous amount of snow is left on everyone’s seats on a drunken Saturday night when 95% of the snowballs we’re just snow that was grabbed from the ground and thrown in the air, I would say: lighten up, Francis

btw, watch the morris td the bills linemen throw snowballs into the crowd. I think it was spencer brown. Maybe we should sue the bills for assault with deadly water particles

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I am not against throwing (not iceballs of course) snowballs, whatsoever. just no need to throw them at the oppositions bench. I'm sure your kids and even parents have done it every winter, I know I did and it was fun. if someone had thrown one in your parents or even kids face, yeah, not cool. 

Where do you suggest they throw the snowballs?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Dude said:

From anyone who was at the game, was the problem that snowballs were being thrown onto the field in general, or at the Dolphins bench?

Yes.

(Snowballs were being thrown on the field in general, and Mike McDaniel got pissed off that Dolphins players were being hit with snowballs on the sideline, and asked the refs to penalize Buffalo if it kept happening)

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/mike-mcdaniel-dolphins-snowballs-reaction/

While Dolphins fans were happy to see their coach take a stand, Bills Mafia couldn’t believe it. Brooke Kromer, whose father is Aaron Kromer, Buffalo’s offensive line coach went off on McDaniel. Kromer referred to the insane heat the Bills played in (while the Dolphins’ bench remained in shade) against Miami back in Week 3 and tweeted, “We died of heat stroke & I didn’t hear Sean McDermott complaining during the game… now Mike McDaniel wants a 15 yard penalty for snowballs??? GIVE ME A BREAK LOSER!!!”

ESPN‘s Marcel Louise-Jacques reported that the ref’s warning didn’t work anyway. He tweeted, “Not sure if that snowball penalty applies at halftime but Dolphins players were certainly pelted with them on their way to the locker room.”

TBN did a good piece on the snowball thing, confirming that there's no provision for such a penalty on a team for fan conduct in the NFL rule book.  The officials can stop play until safe conditions are restored, that's it.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I agree it's not a good look and really wasn't a big fan at all during the game - but do people not remember bottles and batteries being thrown back in the day.

It's just a snow ball - that's all- a coach from Miami who wished it was colder and said it's all a mental thing kinda triggered the events that occurred in the stadium and then whines to the refs - mom they are snow balls and some have ice- again a bad look but don't downplay and act all like nothing bothers you and then cry the minute you don't like what it actually means to e I. This area.

It really comes down to you really shouldn't throw anything, man. I mean I see this back and forth through this whole thread that people think that it's cool and it's not a big deal and everything like that. But I stand on the fact that you look like an idiot throwing snowballs at the oppositions bench. I realize it wouldn't hurt them physically but like it was mentioned in another post you know they're trying to do their job down there and that's distracting and it isn't cool. Period.

Everyone could see the dork complaining to the refs even though he lied and said he wasn't complaining about the snowballs. at the end of the day he did have a legitimate complaint. If you're standing there trying to do your job and getting bombarded by snowballs, it would seem that it would be quite distracting.

And if they were throwing bottles and batteries back in the day as you said, what a bunch of idiots to do something like that.

What's wrong with just watching the game and not throwing anything at all?

7 minutes ago, Saratoga Leo said:

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

It really comes down to you really shouldn't throw anything, man. I mean I see this back and forth through this whole thread that people think that it's cool and it's not a big deal and everything like that. But I stand on the fact that you look like an idiot throwing snowballs at the oppositions bench. I realize it wouldn't hurt them physically but like it was mentioned in another post you know they're trying to do their job down there and that's distracting and it isn't cool. Period.

Everyone could see the dork complaining to the refs even though he lied and said he wasn't complaining about the snowballs. at the end of the day he did have a legitimate complaint. If you're standing there trying to do your job and getting bombarded by snowballs, it would seem that it would be quite distracting.

And if they were throwing bottles and batteries back in the day as you said, what a bunch of idiots to do something like that.

Nothing is wrong with just watching, and I agree with you.  But there is a point that if you're standing there trying to do your job and baking your brains in the hot Florida sun even during your time on the sideline, it would seem that it would be quite distracting as well.  So since the Dolphins think that's just a fair home field advantage, I don't have a problem with the fans cleaning their own seats off by compacting the snow and placing it on the sidelines.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

It's was just snow balls... you are naive if you didn't think people were throwing ice balls also.

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Nothing is wrong with just watching, and I agree with you.  But there is a point that if you're standing there trying to do your job and baking your brains in the hot Florida sun even during your time on the sideline, it would seem that it would be quite distracting as well.  So since the Dolphins think that's just a fair home field advantage, I don't have a problem with the fans cleaning their own seats off by compacting the snow and placing it on the sidelines.

That's kind of out there in left field if you ask me, man. 

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Again - I said I didn't like the look or the action and I agree with you but it's also not the worse thing in the world. When I get frustrated with people's actions I often have to remember we're all different and if I am looking for  everyone to live a certain way or in a way I find acceptable I'm going to be disappointed alot.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with just watching the game and not throwing anything at all, quite honestly it's my preference but if we all did the same thing you would of never eaten a square hamburger either.

My take has always been the majority of people are gonna be straight ass clowns I just do my best not to get caught up in it.

Enjoy the Holidays and Go Bills

2 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's was just snow balls... you are naive if you didn't think people were throwing ice balls also.

Ok thanks for the insight - I never could of imagined that- I honestly feel.like you have opened up my entire life to new possible 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.