We Have Reached Peak Buffoon; Where Are the Adults In the Room?

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I see this disintegrated quickly. Let me try to refocus. We have conservatives of various types here. We also have various types of liberals. Who are the serious political leaders you admire today? The serious business or economic leaders? Are we a 100% look at me, troll the other side society?

I admire Nikki Haley.

Lee Zeldin

Rep. Stephanie Murphy

And Ron Desantis  (Gets results)

*and if we don't want the thread to be derailed, everyone should stop responding to Tibs childishness.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

do you also write for The Onion ?

No, just see things for the way they are. Progressive candidates have lost, moderates are winning. 

2 minutes ago, Wacka said:

e finally see a picture of Tipsy and BS.

Your old noodle move? Seems like that pic got the old sensations back in you Wacko 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I admire Nikki Haley.

Lee Zeldin

Rep. Stephanie Murphy

*and if we don't want the thread to be derailed, everyone should stop responding to Tibs childishness.

Thanks for the honest/non-snarky answer. I don’t know Stephanie Murray. Lee Zeldin, I kind of don’t know enough about him. Haley is at least what I was getting at: not constantly craving attention, seeking to stir up outrage. I would like to see what the policy wonk side of her looks like. DeSantis? Dude, you still have a chance with voters like me. You’re a smart guy. Play that role, not the minor league Trump role. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albwan said:

Wait we were told lyin joe was the voice of reason and calm...instead he's destroyed everything

and created a gigantic chasm through the country.

So you’re saying the Red Menace speech in which he called half the countries terrorists didn’t bring everyone together? Have you tried listening to it backwards? 

5 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I see this disintegrated quickly. Let me try to refocus. We have conservatives of various types here. We also have various types of liberals. Who are the serious political leaders you admire today? The serious business or economic leaders? Are we a 100% look at me, troll the other side society?

I was very skeptical of JB Pritzker originally because super wealthy businessmen don’t have the best track record. But he seemed focused on surrounding himself with the smartest and most talented people he could get and actually listening to them.

When he was sworn in as Governor of Illinois, our credit rating was one level above junk status and there were rumors the ratings agencies were mulling putting us through that threshold. Our bill backlog was over $16 billion and the debt service was absolutely out of control because of the high rates that come with such poor credit.

Since JB took over, we’ve received the first credit upgrade for the state in 20 years, and then got five more subsequent upgrades. 

Additionally, the bill backlog has shrunk dramatically (was down to just $3.5 billion at one point), reducing debt servicing costs. 

I also really like our comptroller, Susana Mendoza, who has been a big part of reducing the backlog and getting our fiscal house back in order. Her ill-fated mayoral run aside (I did some phone banking for her), she’s been an excellent comptroller.

Illinois still has a long way to go to fully recover from decades of mismanagement, but it seems like we’re finally headed in the right direction.

As a side note, during the recent election there was a joke twitter account proclaiming JB as the heir to Genghis Khan who would unite the Great Lakes under a khanate. It was mostly just silly but it was fun and not only did JB reference it in his acceptance speech, but he personally called the guy behind the account to thank him, saying that the humor was very much enjoyed by him and the campaign staff. 

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

I admire Nikki Haley.

Lee Zeldin

Rep. Stephanie Murphy

I agree.  It's time for a woman President not named Clinton or Harris.  What a mess.