New Bills Hype Song Interlude

Brand J

For years the Bills have been playing this C Murda instrumental in the stadium:

C Murda “Down For My N*ggas” Instrumental

I’d like to change that. 

I took one of my instrumentals and customized it for the team. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Let’s Go Buffalo! 

If it’s loved, does anyone have connects to get it to Bills brass?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Well, I suppose silence is better than a bunch of “this sucks” messages 😅 I did have a poster tell me elsewhere that what the C Murder instrumental has that mine lacks is escalation. A feeling like the beat is building towards something. My easy fix for that would be a rising Buffalo stampede over those first bars, building to the “let’s go Buffalo!” chants. I’ll go back in and play with it. Thanks to those who took the time to listen. 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I’ve never heard them play the original song you mentioned. I must not be paying attention.

I’ve only been to the stadium 3 times, but heard it the last two times I was there, like some sort of anthem. 

19 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’ve only been to the stadium 3 times, but heard it the last two times I was there, like some sort of anthem. 

FWIW, they played it before the kickoffs when the Bills "hosted" the Browns in Detroit, too.  Guessing it's part of the home "routine," as they played the touchdown song and then the Shout song after each PAT.

• Like (+1) 1

I just want them to bring back the running buffalo stampede video before kickoff. That use to get me so hyped. 

Edit- I can't find it anywhere on YouTube either and I've been searching for years. 

Edited by ALLinALLEN
Added thought
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I just want them to bring back the running buffalo stampede video before kickoff. That use to get me so hyped. 

Edit- I can't find it anywhere on YouTube either and I've been searching for years. 

And replace it with the train horn also.

I have never been able to find it either.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

That was around in 2016, right? First Bills game I went to was Rex Ryan vs Cardinals. Think I remember seeing that before the opening kickoff. Not sure why they’d scrap it.

5 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’d like to change that. 

I took one of my instrumentals and customized it for the team. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Let’s Go Buffalo! 

So here's my whatever take.

Between the TD and KO, no.  Absolutely not.  The tone of it is too slow and dark after scoring.  That's why the "shout song" is so perfect for celebrating a TD and PAT.  It's uplifting and everyone is pumped up because of what just happened.

Seven nation army before the KO is a good "ok, they are playing again" reminder.  Everyone has heard it enough to know that something is about to happen so they change their focus (Pavlov treatment).

If you were planning on keeping it the same as is, I could really only see it as being used as a "defense had a stop and the offense is coming on the field" type of interlude.  It has that dark and menacing feel to it like "ooohhhh yea, now you're fu@ked". 

Just my two cents.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

they play it before most of our kickoffs, right before the opening riff of Seven Nation Army.

I also think they have been playing this when there is an extended injury on the field.  I think they played it three times last week after Mike White felt the PAIN.

Go Bills!

6 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’d like to change that. 

Let’s Go Buffalo! 

The C Murda instrumental is actually a sing-a-long in Beavis and Butthead vocal riff form.

Dant da na nant dant da na nant dant

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

So here's my whatever take.

Between the TD and KO, no.  Absolutely not.  The tone of it is too slow and dark after scoring.  That's why the "shout song" is so perfect for celebrating a TD and PAT.  It's uplifting and everyone is pumped up because of what just happened.

Seven nation army before the KO is a good "ok, they are playing again" reminder.  Everyone has heard it enough to know that something is about to happen so they change their focus (Pavlov treatment).

If you were planning on keeping it the same as is, I could really only see it as being used as a "defense had a stop and the offense is coming on the field" type of interlude.  It has that dark and menacing feel to it like "ooohhhh yea, now you're fu@ked". 

Just my two cents.

Yeah the shout song is tradition. Nothing’s going to change that. Just thought the team needed something more customized instead of that C Murda instrumental I kept hearing. I picked a darker beat because that has a dark tone to it as well. But hey, looks like some would rather have the C Murda instrumental than this one, so to each their own. It’s all subjective.

And the idea of it playing after a crucial stop or turnover on downs is brilliant 😄

Edited by JayBaller10

10 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Yeah the shout song is tradition. Nothing’s going to change that. Just thought the team needed something more customized instead of that C Murda instrumental I kept hearing. I picked a darker beat because that has a dark tone to it as well. But hey, looks like some would rather have the C Murda instrumental than this one, so to each their own. It’s all subjective.

I agree.  Like I said, just my 2 cents but nice work on it either way.

Side point:

If you changed "let's go buffalo" to "aww ***** it's my ex". I bet you could make a few bucks off of that ringtone. 😆

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

That was around in 2016, right? First Bills game I went to was Rex Ryan vs Cardinals. Think I remember seeing that before the opening kickoff. Not sure why they’d scrap it.

I remember it growing up at games in the 2002-2012 era. Can't remember it from the home games I've been to since moving away from the area but that's only one a year or so. 

16 hours ago, The Wiz said:

And replace it with the train horn also.

I have never been able to find it either.

I found this link on youtube that KIND OF has the look and feel it did. I would want something like this with more bass and sound effects, and removing the subliminal tree messages lol. but along the lines of this is what I remember. Someone want to mash this up into a bills vid?

5 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I think this one would be WAY better to open with... 

Well, it’s fine to say you don’t like my attempt at personalizing a song for the team, but what’s the purpose of being an a**hole about it? Because it’s the internet? I can always tell those who don’t create because you’d inherently have more respect, even if you did think it was trash. Take that negative energy elsewhere. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Well, it’s fine to say you don’t like my attempt at personalizing a song for the team, but what’s the purpose of being an a**hole about it? Because it’s the internet? I can always tell those who don’t create because you’d inherently have more respect, even if you did think it was trash. Take that negative energy elsewhere. 

You must be a JOY at parties. LOL

france.jpg.ea5a5517a7bbe38801e6e7f58806845f.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.