I think these gritty wins are better for a SB run over the blowouts earlier in the year.

JerseyBills

5 hours ago, wagon127 said:

People complaining about the last 4 weeks, dont seem to understand the bills mindset is not to win by 40, they only need to win by 1. They would like to win by 40, sure. But they dont have to, so they just play to win. 

So they are sort of just coasting on purpose?  They don't want to beat up on teams on their way to the playoffs?

Interesting...

Another LAMP Post as can be seen by the positive reactions (yes I am the Vomit). 

As soon as I read these titles, I know what the reactions will be.

After last year and all the close losses, nice to have won 3 this year (Bal, KC & Detroit), but these close games against non playoff (or barely .500 teams) is not a good thing if not sprinkled with a convincing blowout and dominant performance along the way.

Let's look at Dallas.  Yesterday they survived Houston, but they destroyed Minny and had while not dominant (as games were in doubt in the third quarter, very comfortable wins vs. NYG & Indy. 

People remember the Minny game, while the Bills last really good "dominant" game was Pitt?  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So they are sort of just coasting on purpose?  They don't want to beat up on teams on their way to the playoffs?

Interesting...

The bills have had the strongest strength of schedule and strength of victory of all other playoff teams. They have the 2nd highest point differential in the entire league. 

Who is coasting on purpose?

Bills fans seem to want them to dominate everybody. The jets have a great defense, and the bills did what they had to, to win

6 hours ago, wagon127 said:

People complaining about the last 4 weeks, dont seem to understand the bills mindset is not to win by 40, they only need to win by 1. They would like to win by 40, sure. But they dont have to, so they just play to win. 

Yes because McD tells them before every game, let's just win by 1. 

Let's make sure the game is in doubt until the final minute. 

I don't want a repeat of Pittsburgh or NE.

Oh & Dorsey, let's make sure the Offense sputters and gives the other teams as many chances as possible.  Let's see hwat our defense is made of.

Boy I want to prove those people wronmg who say we can't win a close one.

Depends.

Maybe all these tough wins will help build character once the postseason comes around.

Maybe all these tough wins are a warning sign the team isn't as good as everyone figured coming into 2022.

This is the big debate going on within Bills Mafia right now.

Statistically, the Bills have a better record at this point than in 2021 (by three games), despite tons of injuries and an infinitely tougher schedule.  Last year's team also slumped badly in the middle of the season.  The big difference is the 2021 Bills always failed to win the close games (particularly Jacksonville, New England and Tampa Bay), while this team is barely squeaking them out.

Last year, the Bills also seemed to hit their stride in mid-December.  They won their last 4 games by double-digits, and then destroyed the Patriots in the Wild Card round.  It has yet to be seen if THIS team can do the same thing.  Most fans have pretty short memories.  If the offense can turn things up in the final month, there will be a lot less worries entering the playoffs. 

As it stands, I'm not sure this squad has the offensive firepower or secondary to go into Cincinnati and beat the Bengals.  And one more loss basically puts us in the exact same position as last year.

30 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The bills have had the strongest strength of schedule and strength of victory of all other playoff teams. They have the 2nd highest point differential in the entire league. 

Who is coasting on purpose?

Bills fans seem to want them to dominate everybody. The jets have a great defense, and the bills did what they had to, to win

you said they would like to win by 40, but don't have to, as if it's a choice by the team not to.

8 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

I agree. Also, for all those who say our offense was better last year, did you watch the Jacksonville, Tennessee or first Patriots game?

Our offense was better last year though.  We downgraded 2 Wr positions and did not upgrade the oline.  That makes our offense worse than last year.  One day, maybe, we can put more money in FA and draft capital into the Offense instead of a league leading Dline contracts which already has enough draft capital in it to draft Jesus himself

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yes because McD tells them before every game, let's just win by 1. 

Let's make sure the game is in doubt until the final minute. 

I don't want a repeat of Pittsburgh or NE.

Oh & Dorsey, let's make sure the Offense sputters and gives the other teams as many chances as possible.  Let's see hwat our defense is made of.

Boy I want to prove those people wronmg who say we can't win a close one.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

you said they would like to win by 40, but don't have to, as if it's a choice by the team not to.

What im saying is, the motivation to just win is much stronger then the motivation to dominate and blow teams out. So if the way the game plays out doesnt present the opportunity to have the game won by half time, then you do what is necessary to win. 

1 minute ago, wagon127 said:

What im saying is, the motivation to just win is much stronger then the motivation to dominate and blow teams out. So if the way the game plays out doesnt present the opportunity to have the game won by half time, then you do what is necessary to win. 

No the goal every week is to win by 40+.  Sometimes you have to grind it out.  The Bills have been grinding it out pretty much every game.  

The QB's we've played since the bye are a disinterested Rodgers, Goff, Brisset, Cousins, Wilson, White & Mac Jones (have to use his full name).  The Playoffs may/could be Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, Herbert, Tua, Hurts or Prescott amongst others. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

well, that's true every game for every team.

I would take the blowout for increasing testicular volume, now squeaking by teams that might just ass into the playoffs.

Yes and no. There's obvious positives in being able to win when things aren't going well. 

The drawback here is some of the reason that's happening is because the offensive playcalling is at times just dreadful. If that's not cleaned up, and pretty quick, the reasons for us having to gut out these wins could easily be the same reasons we bow out early in the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I definitely agree on the first part. I was never all that concerned. My problem, if there is one, is the play calling. The team just looks very uncreative. 

I think it’s clear Dorsey has to grow into the job, just like Josh and McD did. That does not mean we can’t win with him now, but I just hope we see continued improvement. 

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

We had far more poor offensive performances in terms of both yards and points last year than we have this year.  People just remember things differently as time goes on...it's mostly recency bias.

I'd have to look back on that but I vividly remember this board bashing Dabol on a nearly weekly basis. It just comes with the territory with SB expectations.  

I will say I do think Dorsey lacks creativeness in key situations but what do I know

This isnt Madden.  You dont win by 4 tds every week.  Buffalo beat 2 teams that were in the playoffs and never trailed in either game in back to back weeks.  Its a weekly league.  Find a way and move on.  Buffalo had become too Allen dependent.  The run game and defense has stepped up the last few weeks.     Since the Minnesota game Allen has been more measured.      Not taking as many risks because the game hasn't required it.  

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Our offense was better last year though.  We downgraded 2 Wr positions and did not upgrade the oline.  That makes our offense worse than last year.  One day, maybe, we can put more money in FA and draft capital into the Offense instead of a league leading Dline contracts which already has enough draft capital in it to draft Jesus himself

Looks better than they did vs Pittsburgh, Jacksonville and Indy.

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I actually enjoy them more too. 

Earlier in the year we were on fire in every aspect and them blowouts are very fun and relaxing to watch. But as they say - adversity builds character and I think these recent Ws will help us more to go on that SB run this team is very capable of making. 

And the reason is that these hard fought, gritty wins really take all 3 phases to be top notch and keep the pedal to the metal for 60 minutes. 

I think that resonates in practices and gives guys an extra chip on their shoulder to put in that extra preparation during the week and say hey I'm on a SB team and I can potentially make a game changing play to win us a football game. 

It's never easy to win in the NFL, especially this time of year and these ugly wins are only going to make this team more battle tested in the playoffs and when the going gets tough, they'll have that feeling that they been here before and find a way to win. Versus beating everyone by 2 + TDs and potentially taking the foot of the gas in preparation. 

As they say , games are won Mon- Saturday. So I think these wins will only strengthen this teams character and resiliency in pursuit of a SB.

Go Bills!!

I don't enjoy them as much but agree that they're probably better for a team making a Super Bowl run.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'd have to look back on that but I vividly remember this board bashing Dabol on a nearly weekly basis. It just comes with the territory with SB expectations.  

I will say I do think Dorsey lacks creativeness in key situations but what do I know

That's right. It's not recency bias. It's a different perspective and standard given the Super Bowl/MVP hype.

Recency bias was last year when the offense's playoff performances against Pats and Chiefs washed away the season's inconsistencies for most fans.

Edited by Airseven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.