I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

I know this may sound crazy, but I have this feeling, for some reason, that we're not showing our full hand with our offense.  I could definitely be wrong, but just a hunch.  It feels like a vanilla offense the last few weeks.  May be saving it for playoffs.

Also with injuries, I feel McDermott is not taking any chances putting a player out there at 50-65 %.  Think he knows it's a long season, and let's these players heel to as close to 100% as possible before putting them back on the field.

This is just an opinion, may seem out there, but who knows.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, wagon127 said:

So if the Bills play the Jets in the playoffs, who wins?

Since the game would be played in OP, I would say the Bills. But it would be another tough game. Look at the two games they played already. Gone are the days the Bills will score 30 - 40 points on them and blow them out. I think the Jets are the 2nd best team in the division because of that defense. They get a QB then they will really be a pain in the ass to play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He doesn't believe in this...he's admitted it.

even with his very first post in this tread, he started with the nonsense.  the opinion if fine, but he's definitely using a different standard when judging the bills vs every other team in the league.  

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

Maybe stick for the Broncos at 3-10 they are claiming a moral victory for not getting blown out by the Chiefs that will make you feel better I guess 

15 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

I know this may sound crazy, but I have this feeling, for some reason, that we're not showing our full hand with our offense.  I could definitely be wrong, but just a hunch.  It feels like a vanilla offense the last few weeks.  May be saving it for playoffs.

Also with injuries, I feel McDermott is not taking any chances putting a player out there at 50-65 %.  Think he knows it's a long season, and let's these players heel to as close to 100% as possible before putting them back on the field.

I was thinking about this yesterday as well and agree. I think next Saturday night we might see a glimpse out what the playoffs O will look like. It's really great to see our D play at such a high level though and that must stay constant here out. 

Good teams find ways to win.

Edited by Real McNasty

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's absolutely adorable so many fans think we can win playoff games like we won today. We will get destroyed if we can't run the ball nor protect our qb. 

So many playoffs games are like yesterdays game. The two that the Bills played in last year were exceptions to that rule, but look at the Bengals run to the Superbowl.

1. They gutted out a win against the Raiders at home where Carr had a chance to tie the game with 1st and goal from the 3.
  2. Came from behind against the Titans where it took a defensive play to win the game with a last second FG. It was the defense that won that game more than Burrow and Chase. This game was 19-16.
  3. Got destroyed in the first half against the Chiefs, made a defensive HT adjustment, and still needed OT to win with a FG. Again, it was the defense that won that game more than Burrow and Chase.
  4. In the SB, the Rams won by 3 and needed a last minute defensive stop to win it. 

Every single one of those games was won by one score. Not a blowout in sight. The same thing with the Rams SB run, with the exception of the blowout of the Cards in the first round. My point is that close-fought games decided by a defensive play is playoff football more than double-digit blowouts. And to answer your question, neither the Rams nor the Bengals could run the ball in any of those games and everyone knows that the Bengals did about as bad a job protecting Burrow as an NFL team could possibly do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

How do you imagine you'd feel if the Bills were 9-4, a game behind the Chiefs and in a dead heat with the Bengals and a date in Cincy still on deck?

How do you imagine the fans of the rest of the teams in the AFC feel after the Bills 'only' beat the playoff contending Jets by 8 points and nearly ended their QB?

A little perspective is in order here. Everyone else in the conference is still chasing the Bills, warts and all.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

There is some truth to this. Yesterday, the Bengals ran a flea flicker out of a heavy package for a long TD. It was a really nice play where everything looked like a run with only a single TE running a route. He was a wide open for the TD. Great play. But they used it in week 14 against the Browns and now it is on film for all teams to study.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

How do you imagine you'd feel if the Bills were 9-4, a game behind the Chiefs and in a dead heat with the Bengals and a date in Cincy still on deck?

How do you imagine the fans of the rest of the teams in the AFC feel after the Bills 'only' beat the playoff contending Jets by 8 points and nearly ended their QB?

A little perspective is in order here. Everyone else in the conference is still chasing the Bills, warts and all.

Agreed. It’s the NFL and it’s a week to week league. Just look at yesterdays scores around the league. I’ll take 8 point wins all the way through the SB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

I know this may sound crazy, but I have this feeling, for some reason, that we're not showing our full hand with our offense.

We definitely have stuff we haven't shown, because we've been good enough to win most of our games without it.  Some of it doesn't even require us to snap the ball.  That fourth-down play yesterday, for example.

Good teams and good coaches use the regular season to put stuff on film and set things up.  In the playoffs we'll come out with a look and do something completely different out of it when we need to.  And it'll work.

Bad teams and bad coaches do ***** like the Browns did yesterday with Brissett.

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

It's called high expectations. 

Those three terrible losses were by a combines 8 points.  This team is really good and has not peaked yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What team was at home & what team was on the road?  

I used Denver as just an example and that KC did what they had to do against them.  Maybe not the best example, but not going to apologize for it.  Denver showed a lot of pride.

Also when the Chiefs needed to close the game vs. a very good defense, what did they do????  They got 4 first downs and ran out the clock.  What did the Bills do to close the game vs. NYJ.  Took a safety, forced a fumble  after a nice drive (50/50 proposition at best), 3 and out, allowed a GF, 3 and out and then stopped them.  

Again I'm happy the Bills are 10-3 (rather they be 13-0), just concerned about their play.  

If the Bills were up 27-0 and allowed a last place team to come back where we had to squeak out a win, what would your reaction have been?

32 minutes ago, jamiezzz said:

definitely this. It’s all about the playoffs and this makes so much sense to me. Our staff are wily enough to play this game too 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.